Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grief vs PI's

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by zohlanma, Sep 19, 2006.

1. zohlanma

zohlanma IncGamers Member

Grief vs PI's

Hi all,

I am thinking about using Grief. I was wondering how Grief copes with PI's? Does it cope well or does the low base damage have any consequence for using vengeance since +dam does not count? Thanks in advance

2. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

Using an Azurewrath on switch would be your best bet. You are correct that you will do pathetic damage with Vengence. If you are using CTA on switch, this may be an issue, but IMO CTA is not necessary.

3. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

The Venom and -% Enemy Poison Resistance from Grief and CTC Firestorm from Torch are what I use to kill PI's. Sure it's not very efficient but it gets the job done, and I get to use a CTA on my switch.

I do Ubers and Pindleskin runs quite a bit and I've got to say I'd rather just run around some PIs or take 2 minutes to kill them than not have an extra 1-2k HP from constant BO.

4. xix sephra

xix sephra IncGamers Member

^^ agree with yerba. most time i run around them.. or put a rubber band around my mouse and finish a sandwhich while they die :) but if i had room ya i would carry glimmers prolly... however i have 100% of my spaces filled up if your on east ladder i could prolly hook ya up if you are poor :p

5. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

i use gimmershred throwing axe/tiaments shield on switch and zeal pis or throw them at obliv knights or when im iron maidened. there is probably a better shield out there but it seems to work pretty well.

6. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Just use reapers on you merc, but only if you do not use lifetap, because lifetap and decrep overrule eachother

7. zohlanma

zohlanma IncGamers Member

Thanks all,

This question came up after I decided to choose for Grief in stead of Death. This would avoid having to work on the IAS if I were going to use Death. The low performance on PI's is a bit of a disappointment since I want to create an all round PVM pala which takes care of all opponents. With a CTA on switch, a secondary weapon is no option.
    I am also thinking about giving the char a Phoenix shield. What do you think, will the lvl 22 firestorm/-28% fireres deal with most PI's fast enough?

Btw, off topic, I play on the European realm

8. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Nope the phoenix firestorm is pathetic don't do it.

Anyway since you can afford grief, buying a gimmershreds should be well withnin reach.

9. Yerba

Yerba IncGamers Member

If you need a Gimmershred I can hook you up pro bono on Ladder West. They really are the best choice for a carried weapon because of their small size and large hitting power. I stash a Warshrike to kill OKs on the rare occasion im in CS (on a rush or something).

I also use an Act 1 Merc with an 'Ice' bow, mainly for Holy Freeze, but her Ice arrows seem to hit hard enough and they help on non-cold immune PIs.

10. Luckymofo

Luckymofo IncGamers Member

Grief is the BEST melee paladin weapon, but not THE ultimate all round kill all weapon unfortunately unless your other gear and skills support it. Grief can't be expected to own everything -_-...well alone that is...

11. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Wanna kill PI's easy?

Put a lawbringer pb on switch, then when decrep is cast, switch back to Grief pb, and they vaporise.
    Im using Grief pb and Lawbringer pb on a frenzy barb, (dual wielding hehehe) and finding the combo stronger than ebotdcb and edeathcb, and thats saying something