Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grief RW .... please stats

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by vdzele, May 16, 2005.

1. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Grief RW .... please stats

I am totally confused about grief RW. Could anybody explain me and show me in numbers why is this weapon a great choice for say a …. Zealot … I saw many threads saying it makes higher damage than botd. Please numbers, what do you do with “Damage +340-400â€

2. SharnMes

SharnMes IncGamers Member

Well its probably because griefs add 340-400 damage to your weapons which means if you have a weapon say 10-100 it will have 350/410-440/500 damage.

BOTD adds 350-400% damage to weapons. Weapon will have 45/50-450/500 damage.

So grief adds a crap load of damage to your the MINIMUN damage which is why it wins out.

Unless of course your find the perfect weapon with a very high mininum damage :)

All this mathematics makes my head hurt....Ill think ill take a nap or something....

3. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Never made a grief RW, but I saw a picture of a sword doing its basic damage and the modifier “Damage +340-400’ is not applied / added on the weapon screen (stands white letters of weapons basic damage). Maybe the modifier was added at the character screen (didn’t see the character screen) after applying all other mod’s. If this is the case then I don’t know how grief can make higher damage then botd.

4. SharnMes

SharnMes IncGamers Member

It also has the 1.875% pr character level damage against demos. Helps alot.

BOTD doesnt.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Never trust the Lying Chartacter Screen (LCS). It shows totally wrong damage when using these "+xxx damage" weapons. It shows wrong values for almost anything if you just do the right (wrong) thing.

6. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Make sure you check out the different build discussions before using Grief. It doesn't enhance certain things like Vengeance for instance. It's absolutely hideously nasty when used by smiters however.

8. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

here's a little example:
    grief zerker axe (let say i rolled +340 damage on it): my weapon damage will be (340+21)min - (340+71)max weapon damage
    361min to 411max weapon damage
    Average of 386 damage

ebotd zerker axe (let say i rolled 400% enhance damage with +15% from superior): my weapon damage will be
    162min to 548max wapon damage
    Average of 355 damage

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Also, with EBOTD the damage RANGE is greater, so (depending on luck) you risk doing a lot less damage (or a lot more), but with Grief, you do almost the same damage all the time. Easier to calculate how many hits you'll need per monster.

Then there's the price comparison, and the fact that arbing used a worst-case grief and a absolutly best-case EBOTD. You could end up much worse with EBOTD.

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It's an LCS problem. My zealot kicks butt with it in solo Baal runs. +dmg gets added right after applying on-weapon %ed and before off-weapon %ed, skills, stats, auras etc. See page 3 of this thread.

11. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Thx Kris but I made this thread then I saw master ring’s thread, same thing with you, you are suggesting me answers but I got my answers already on page 2 . :)