Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grief question (and a few others)

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Warmongers, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Warmongers

Warmongers IncGamers Member

Grief question (and a few others)

I was wondering, how is the +damage on the grief runeword calculated into the total damage of a character using, say, the fury skill in wolf form? From the only picture of a grief I've seen, the damage on the actual weapon was quite low 35-40 (on the phase blade), with a +398 to ''damage'' mod. Could anyone enlighten me as to if the damage from the mod is added as raw weapon damage (and thus would be like using a 4xx damage weapon), or if it is added in a different manner?

I'm trying to compare different werewolf dueling weapons to see which would be optimal. I've never even considered using a 5 fpa fury weapon for duels, but there have been some very overpowered runewords that have come out since I last played. It used to be that my old werewolf had a 34x%ED, -95 speed Griswold's Caduceus, with a Lo rune in it, and was wondering if anyone has any ideas about the different 1h weapon choices for wolves in PvP. The damage difference between the Caduceus and for example an eBotD berserker axe is quite large, but the Caduceus is 4 fpa fury, while the axe is 5. :smiley:

2. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

The + 350 - 400 added damage on grief will have the damage added from skills that add Ed% like fury and any items you have that have + ed% like fortitude , steel rends.

But the 350-400added damage wont show on screen its hidden. I think if you throw on a weapon that has around 350-400 max damage you can assume that will be your minimun and max damage with grief

I think Grief Pb and Ebotdz are the king weapons for Vitality wolves.

4 fpa weapon are only good on titan wolves with 30x or more 3/20/20 sc's but i wouldnt bother with low damage 4fps weapons on a non titan wolf with no dmg/ar/life sc's.

3. Warmongers

Warmongers IncGamers Member

Oh, well. There go my hopes for a decent 4 fpa fury werewolf in duels :smiley:
    Thank you for the tips and information :D