Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grief: Phase Blade or Zerker Axe?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jantia, Sep 4, 2006.

1. jantia

jantia Banned

Grief: Phase Blade or Zerker Axe?

I have the runes

I have both a 5 socketed phaseblade and a 5 socketed zerker axe. Which one deserves the runes?

The phaseblade is safer in terms that the IAS really does not matter, allows for greater flexibility and it indestructable. The zerker on the other hand, has higher damage and most importantly is range 3.

The phaseblade will allow me to buid a pvp fury wolf if I ever feel inclined. The Grief zerker will give me an excellent option for a frenzy barb (I have a Death zerker in the wings).

For a smiter, the zerker is unquestionably more effective, but for a hybrid, would the phaseblade win out due to not needing extra IAS?

Usually, I don't really second-guess myself too much, but on such an important item, I feel I need some secondary input. Please keep in mind I pvp as well as pvm.

Oh and no, definate no-go on fortitude. Then and again, it would be a sick merc armour, and pretty godly for a WW sin.... >.<. Decisions, decisions.

2. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

I prefer phase blade but i pvm more han i pvp.

Incase you ever decide to make a ww barb and use a beserker axe remember if you don't have >34 ias it's pretty much useless .

For pvm the beserker axe is bad due to you having to constantley repair it.

3. ael

ael IncGamers Member

For pvp purposes zerker would do nicely imo. I dont mind repairing it in pvm, mostly because I use my sorc for such duties. :p

Edit: in style, Zerker > pb as always.

4. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

I would go with zerker axe since I don't like the way the phase blade looks. But if it doesn't matter to you then the phase blade is probably the way to go with it.

5. jantia

jantia Banned

Phase Blade > Zerker in style.

Blizzard really messed that one up. How does a weapon that looks that badass in the inventory look so puny on a character?

6. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

pb > ba in style

7. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

i asked this question after i found my Lo, and well, if you are going to pvp, then i guess the zerker, but for speed and not having to repair im going for the phase blade, damage isnt much cause its "add 400" not %, although im still waiting till i find a superior phase blade, havent found one yet. its taking longer to find than teh Lo rune :|

8. colony

colony IncGamers Member

I'd make it in a zerker and just pray that you get a decent IAS roll, the extra range just makes it too nice not to do IMO. That way it's also useful for a barb if you ever want to make one.

Edit: A WW barb that is

9. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

I always hear grief pb, never a zeker, and what if you want something other later, ie make another build tha tcould use a nice grief, think how you will erget making it in a zerker when you get a 1000 000 repair bill :)

I still say go for a forti, if I ever get a Lo its no doubt becoming a fortitude!
    *dreams about the nasty bowazons, furywolfs and any other meleebased meanie it would make* :thumbsup: