Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grief in PB or BA?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by A C E, Apr 20, 2008.

1. A C E

A C E Banned

Grief in PB or BA?

Hello. I am wondering which weapon would be better to make a grief in. Right now I am making it for a smealot but I may want to xfer it over to some type of barb in the furseeable future.

Which weapon is overall better for grief?
    Will a BA hit the zeal and smite bps?
    Will people buy a BA grief?

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Grief in PB or BA?

Grief in a BA is, actually, more expensive. However, you must achieve at least 34 inherent IAS roll in a BA, to reach a breakpoint.

I prefer PB, though: less IAS needed for last Zeal/Smite breakpoints, indestructible (yay no repairs!) and major STYLE points: BA looks horrible.

3. A C E

A C E Banned

Thanks, that cleared stuff up very nicely.

4. krajee

krajee IncGamers Member

Remember that with a pb, if you get slowed, you'll have a good chance of maintaining your attack speed compared to using a ba.

5. eseven

eseven IncGamers Member

PB is also indestructible which is a nice perk. My frenzy barb has to repair tons while using a BA, opposed to my smiter who never does :) The dex on a PB is also inherent since you should be going max block. Str on a BA, however, is usually extra points since other gear doesn't take that much str unless you're using a EV exile or some other high str shield.

6. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Axes look cooler than swords.

7. EThug

EThug IncGamers Member

Ok, one really important thing to remember Is the important difference in range. Phase Blade has a range of 2, while Zerker has a range of 3. This Is pretty important If you are dueling. If you would like to give It to your Barb later on, then I'd suggest making a GriefZ. Sword Barbs are weaker than Axe Barbs in both PvP and PvM. BUT, this decision Is hard because you are going to be using a Smiter, so repairing your Zerker is an issue.
    Really depends on what you want more, a good Smiter now (Phase Blade) and a mediocre Barb later on OR a mediocre Smiter now (Zerker) and an awesome Barb later on.
    Although If repair costs and style isn't an issue for you, make a Zerker Greif and pray to God that It gets more than 34 IAS.

8. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

Ok I see ppl have no idea what they are talking about so here is some clarification.
    Grief PB is great smiter weapon, range doesn't mean jack when you telesmite, which is the beast way to duel with a smiter, with exception of some charging action here and there.
    Zerk requires 40 ias and then extra 10 ias to reach 6 frames with lvl 34 fanaticism(standard gear)
    Weapon speed calculator can be found here:
    http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english