Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

grief/fort and charms

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Paul barbarian, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Paul barbarian

Paul barbarian IncGamers Member

grief/fort and charms

I counted damage of grief with highlords ammy ( risk you have it with angelic) and the damage is really unmatched: 676 raw+186 OW, that's gonna rock, but 2 questions:

how weapon mastery influences on deadly strike, I know it doesn't stack with deadly strike on weapons, so how it works, we have 37,5 from highlords, 20 from grief, 15 from gores, this is 72, without mastery, mastery is additional 22, so how it works, does it give us 94% deadly strike with grief or what?

second question: you pointed in your calculations that there is +117 max damage from charms, what charms are these, how is that?

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

1.Critical/Deadly section from my whirl guide:

With grief,highlords,gores & mastery you have you have 75% chance of double damage.But I advise you against using highlords for BVB-You will need angelics,I cant stress the importance of ar in BVB enough.The defense standards have increased astronomically now.

2.They ar max/ar/lifers-or more commonly known as 3/20/20s-39 of these means 117 max.I had to use them in the calculation to project the max dmg possible.I had used 60 max initially,but others insisted on using 117,as these are pretty much the staple for duelers & they were right,any calculation must use the ideal setup possible.Almost all of them you find on realms are dupes,rare self found legit ones on ladder go for as high as 40 hrs.You are not allowed to trade them on this forum if its NL.

BTW-You dont *count* dmg,you *calculate* it.:fish:

Rik

3. Paul barbarian

Wait a second, 22% mastery, 20% grief, 37% highlords, 15 % gores, that's 78% but yeah, that's not really much, is there a way to add more chance of double damage to attack?

4. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Ds and cs exclude each other; (1-cs)*ds + cs,
    i.e. (1-0.22)*72 + 0.22 = 78%.

5. Paul barbarian

Risk, could you please calculate damage with same setup, as in your guide, but with steelrends instead of dracs and highlords ammy instead of angelic and 2 bulkatos rings, and with ebotd zerker axe, and the same thing with grief, please, please, please :D .

When I try to calculate max damage with Ebotd berserker axe, I get following:

maximum damage of axe itself will be 532.

damage with steelrends,gores, fort and highlords will be
    Total max damage 6449, adding deadly strike 52% 6449*1,52= 9803, after pvp penalty and max dr: 816 raw damage

is that right? than this max damage will be higher than grief, but grief has uncomparable average damage, right?

I didn't notice that it gives +400 damage not % damage, which is , in case of 1 handed weapon, much better, cause you get more average damage.

by the way, is this calculation right?
    setup:
    grief zerk axe
    dual bul katos
    highlords ammy
    fortitude
    gores
    SS
    areats
    steelrends

200 str

max damage is 5838, adding deadly strike 5838*1,78=10393 max damage, after pvp penalty and max dr we get: 866 raw damage.

is that right?

6. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

not gonna check calc i'll assume you did right as its hardly rocket science.
    Point is even if its a bit higher you wont hit so often due to the much lower ar so you end up doing less damage over time.
    You also didn't look at the change in Ow damage.

7. Paul barbarian

Oh ok, but it's 15% OW, I didn't even count it.

I got it about damage over time.