Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grief for a PsnMancer?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by RibGriller, Oct 18, 2006.

1. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

Grief for a PsnMancer?

Hello all, I'm currently collecting all the stuff I would like to make this guy as powerful as can be. Unfortunately, I'm SP, and I will probably win the PowerBall jackpot before I'll ever see a dweb. :tongue:

I just found a Lo last night, and started checking for Runewords, and I seen that Grief has -20-25% Enemy Psn Resistance. Is this correct?

If so, would this be a poor man's choice for a dweb? I would lose out on some +3 skills (Hoto), but I heard that - EnemyPsnResist >> + PsnDmg.

I think an Axe-weilding Necro would look cool too!

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your input. :smiley:

2. TheBassman

TheBassman IncGamers Member

I'd say for now it's good and you can always mule it off to a melee character later, but I say make it into a PB.

3. RibGriller

I'm glad to get a confirmation on my plan.

Why would you suggest a PB?

I would guess that because PB's really only require dexterity, which I could use for max block?

And, if I ever did find myself in the good graces of the Diablo gods, and find a dweb, then I could trade the PB Grief for a good price?

4. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

PB because it's faster, indestructible, and has low strength requirements. The speed is the most important thing. The damage difference is not going to be noticeable either. The -% enemy res will not be as good as the + skills from HOTO though, especially since the skills will help all your trees, including, say, curses like Lower Resist.

5. RibGriller

Interesting...

So you're saying to go with the HOTO instead of Grief?

What if I told you that I had the full Trang's set, Marrows, and a +2 skills amulet. Would you still say that I needed the HOTO for the + skills?

6. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I'd definately pick the HOTO. It offers a great number of mods, and with three peices of the Trang set you're already getting -25% enemy poison resist, along with some socketable gear. Plus you can Lower Resist them, which will help. The grief wouldn't help a great deal, really.

HoTO also has some nice defensive mods (resists anyone?) and fast cast, which is wonderful.

7. RibGriller

Great, thanks for the help guys.

While I'm at it, I can't remember seeing anything about FCR in any of the guides. About how much would you say I'd need, or is it not worth going out of my way to get?

8. JettJagwar

JettJagwar IncGamers Member

I wouldnt go out of your way for fast cast in PvM, it never hurts in PvP.

my poison necro has a low 2/1/41 deaths web but I did use hoto for my lower levels and I was pretty fond of it. I got 10k novas with a 50% bramble that I made, and retired my poison necro after that. good luck...