Grief and Zealots

Daenara

Diabloii.Net Member
Grief and Zealots

Hiya everyone,

I finally got my first high rune (yay!) and so I decided that I was going to make a lovely Grief for my zealot. It rolled really well, (+393) so I was waiting in eager anticipation when I placed it on my char, and was horribly dissapointed when I did a paltry 800-900 damage. The grief was in a superior phase blade, so it should have been better, right?

My build is as such -

20 sacrifice
20 zeal
20 holy shield
20 fanatacism
and various other skills

Also, another question, will Fortitude enhance the damage on my grief? I'm wearing a borrowed Chains of Honour at the moment, so I don't want to swap that for an armour which won't necessarily be better. I have nearly max resists without the COH, so I don't really need it, but.... :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Daenara said:
Hiya everyone,

I finally got my first high rune (yay!) and so I decided that I was going to make a lovely Grief for my zealot. It rolled really well, (+393) so I was waiting in eager anticipation when I placed it on my char, and was horribly dissapointed when I did a paltry 800-900 damage. The grief was in a superior phase blade, so it should have been better, right?

My build is as such -

20 sacrifice
20 zeal
20 holy shield
20 fanatacism
and various other skills

Also, another question, will Fortitude enhance the damage on my grief? I'm wearing a borrowed Chains of Honour at the moment, so I don't want to swap that for an armour which won't necessarily be better. I have nearly max resists without the COH, so I don't really need it, but.... :)

Thanks!!!!
USE FORTITUDE!

Its the best melee armor available on ladder at the moment!

/Dec

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
Daenara said:
Hiya everyone,

My build is as such -

20 sacrifice
20 zeal
20 holy shield
20 fanatacism
and various other skills

Thanks!!!!
Hehe,
as riks says the display damage is bugged with all the damage coming from the +damage mod in any weapon (grief, asterons, redeemer),it is not showed, but inflicted. So dont worry, go outside and hit the mosters, youll see them falling like flies :thumbsup:

Fortitude will increase your killing power a lot. Forti>>CoH for zealot. So do Phoenix shield, even more. Forti adds 300%ed, phoenix shield in a pala shield can reach the 465%ed mark. OFc, if you can afford it, use both, and youll be a killing machine.

Fer

Cadet

Diabloii.Net Member
My Zealot uses the following gear (that have ed):
300% ed from Fort
397% ed from Phoinex
4xx% ed from Fanat (lvl 22)

And a 393 Grief pb.

His damage is 1.3k-1.7k listed in the stat screen, but I once dropped Lister in 5 hits with it.

Does the ed also increase the +damage from Grief? It should, which explains why Grief users always do insane damage.

ScorpioFury

Diabloii.Net Member
Ohhh... that's right, +dmg doesnt work on vengeance, Lol that sucks. Say, is famine still the most viable weapon for avengers, or am i stuck in the past? :p

-Leo