Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Greybeard Banned?!?!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Boulos, May 26, 2005.

1. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

Greybeard Banned?!?!

Ok, as I've said before, I was a member of the SPF a long time ago and then left for a few years. Now I'm back and it's fun again. I was here with Durf, Greybeard, Hakai, and others. Though I was and am not nearly as famous as said individuals.

Anyway, I was filling out my ballot for the SPF Awards and saw that Greybeard was banned. What the heck is that about? When I was here before, he was a staple of the SPF community.

2. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

First off, he isn't banned. I'm not sure that he ever was. He was demoted as moderator, however. I was relatively new to the forums at the time, but basically he was asked to leave over a dispute with the admins regarding whether or not ATMA should be allowed as a legit tool for the SPF. That's what started it anyway. Then things got nasty, his modship was taken away, a lot of people got angry and left along with him, and several other high profile names got banned because of flaming the admins. That's the story, in a nutshell.

3. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

Just to clarify, was he in favor of ATMA or against it? Because if he was in favor of it and left over the dispute and now it's a part of the forum...that would be a shame.

4. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

That's more or less what happened (without going into details) but it's old news though. No point dragging this up again so PM me or AlterEgo if you wanna talk about it.

--T

5. GodofWar

GodofWar IncGamers Member

I was amazed when I heard somewhere that Greybear and Darkness were banned/left b/c mods asked them too.

But they were so important, we've never really had anybody that important to the SPF for awhile, I couldn't believe they were banned

I'm not sure if the mods had any right to ban them, those guys were more important to the community than the mods were.

6. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

GodOfWar: Neither of them were banned. Darkness still shows up every once in a long while. Please get these facts straight instead of stirring up this old mud.

The real question to ask here is why I haven't been banned yet. :uhhuh:

Now that that's out of the way, Boulos, what's up with yourself? I expect a full report on your doings for the past couple of years. :D

7. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

Darkness and Greybeard made up their own minds on what to do following the incidences, and they of all people would strongly dislike having their leaving become a divisive issue for the forum. ;) Darkness for one hates beating dead horses, i believe.

Durf isn't banned yet because his numerous HC deaths provide no end of entertainment for some demented folks. AE taunts him with every Guardian, it makes his day. :eek:

8. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

I'll have you know that my seventh attempt at a bowazon is doing very well indeed. :p

9. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

*Bans Durf*

There. Now that's settled.

10. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

If anyone says Greybeard is banned a 3rd time the legend says Greybeard literally appears behind you and kills you. :eek:

Edit: I saw Greybeard in the Battlemage forum for Sacred, but that was many months ago. He could be anywhere now.

11. DougTheHead2

DougTheHead2 IncGamers Member

Would someone please lock/delete this already? Seeing this at the top of the page is really frickin' annoying.

(um, i posted when it was already at the top, so no harm, im not a hypocrite... :eek: )