Grey socketable shields

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been searching through nightmare mode, mostly acts IV and V for a grey socket shield of decent quality. Everything dropping is paladin shields or armor and swords though.

Looking for either a

Scutum, Dragon Shield, Ancient Shield or a Pavise.

Any tips on where in Nightmare mode I could get one? Based on quality level I figured I could find one there. Is it just a matter of luck?

WoRG

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightmare Cows is your best bet, unless you really want an Ancient Shield, Hell Cows is better for them. You should also be able to rack them, should you find a stable rack...

3 Sockets is the most you'll get on those bases... 4sox requires Monarch, Aegis, Ward, or Pally shield.

WoRG

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks! Well I think the runeword mode is working now ( I hope ). Took me a bit to find a link that worked.

Just trying to test it with rune words.

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
I tried Edge, it didn't work. Not feeling well today but I'll see if I did something wrong with the runeword mode later.

The Reddit download I read, said to place the text file in Diabloii/global/excel
My D2 directory has no sub directories. This must have changed over the years..

So does it just go in the main directory?

Last edited:

LongingForDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
No, still needs to go in that directory. If you don't have it, create it. Also, what reddit download? The Runeword Mod is on a google drive. At least that's where the links in the SPF Community and Links sticky link to. I suggest you use that instead of something you found on an external site, just to be sure it's really SPF compliant. It also comes with installation instructions and the necessary directories. I think you only need to unzip it into your main D2 folder and then make the changes to your D2 shortcut. Don't let it bother you that it says RWM for 1.13c. Still works with 1.14.

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
I just did a search and there was someone on Reddit explaining how to do it, with a link provided.

Thanks for the link.

McGruber08

Diabloii.Net Member
The textfile provided on Reddit might contain bugs or other "illegal" stuff so make sure you use the file that is linked to from this forum.
Thanks, I did. Its up and running now. I tested it with Edge runeword and it made it successfully.