Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Misudy, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Misudy

Misudy IncGamers Member

Greetings!

Hello all, I just started playing after being gone for two years. I play on ladder west and I decided on a skellymancer for my first build. I have been reading about his advantages for mfing with no need for good gear to start. I've also been reading guides and stuff as to where to put my stat points. I completely understood not to put any points into energy. Needless to say I thought I was doing pretty well after a few weeks. I got him up to level 82 when I suddenly realized he had 80 total points in energy... BASE! Now I think I'm going crazy because I don't remember putting anything into energy...

So I guess I need to know if I've been accidentally putting points into energy or if Necros automatically add stats when they level.

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

No chars automatically get points assigned to stats as they level. The player has to assign the stats themselves. Check your gear for any items that gives +energy or +all stats; that could be the source of your energy. :wink3:

3. Misudy

Misudy IncGamers Member

That's the thing. I don't have any gear that adds to energy. If I did the 80 should be blue. It's not, it's white. That's what got my attention in the first place. I've checked and rechecked.

That's what's driving me batty. I don't ever recall putting any points in there- let alone 55!

4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Were you the only one playing your char? Someone else could've added it without you knowing. :tongue:
    Also, since the vitality stat is right above energy, it is possible you added to energy, thinking it was vitality you were adding to.

5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

you can also un-equip all gear and put all of your charms in your stash, see if you can get your energy number to turn white, if its greater than 25 someone added points to it

6. Misudy

Misudy IncGamers Member

Yep, I'm the only one.
    Mistakenly putting points into energy thinking it was vitality would be the logical conclusion, except I think I would have caught it before I wasted 55 points.
    Only other possibility is my account's been hacked but nothing has been taken yet. So in a few days if all my stuff's gone then maybe that's it. I'm a very cautious person though. I don't know anyone on the realms and I pretty much keep to myself. So how or why they would hack me is beyond me.

7. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Doubtful that someone hacked you. When that happens they don't place skill points and such, only steal items.

I've done that before many times, put points in Energy instead of Vitality. Happens alot when you are playing just not completely paying attetion.

8. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

And if this is pvm build, I think there is no reason to remake your build, since in my own experiece first chars are never "perfect" and you'll prolly make new anyway. :p

9. pliu

pliu Banned

If this that you mistakely put the points in, just MF with it and get rid of this char when you get good items for a re-build and re-build it.

If it is because some one hack in, then I have no idea for that.

10. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Usually in PvM, a few couple points won't make or break a character... so you'll just have to overcome the initial shock of wasting some stat points.

11. Misudy

Misudy IncGamers Member

Yeah, no big deal I guess. However I will be seeing a doctor Monday to address my memory lapses. Then maybe a psychiatrist on Tuesday...