Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Greetings and salutations

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Koyen, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Koyen

Koyen IncGamers Member

Greetings and salutations

Greetings and salutations, comrads :)

I suddenly felt an urge to return to glorious Diablo days. Nostalgy for this game is unbelievable :)

I've always played only hardcore so naturally now i'm not going to settle down for nothing less, despite 4-5 years that passed since my last Meph run.

What i wanted to ask is what realm is preferred by "mature hardcore community" or, simply said, people who i could enjoy playing with without lolcats, hackers and such.

Cheers :prop:

2. peconomusman

peconomusman IncGamers Member

Re: Greetings and salutations

I believe you are going to run into a lot of hackers regardless of realm, especially on HC.

I play east and I have met a few good people just in pubbies. It takes time though to gain trust and such, but when you do it's worth it.

There are also communities you can join through this forum.

Op xbananax has a lot of the forum goers in there. They normally do some hell baals and whatever else you might need....and of course you can probably find people to just plain run around with you.

Also, TheAmazonBasin.com is a group of gamers who do not permit hacks of any sort, and are generally pretty polite. They span useast and uswest, not sure about europe.

Watch out for TPPK. Watch out for low levels who hostile you, they are more often than not tweaked out...they can often kill 10-50 lvls about their own level.

My question to you is, what do you have against lolcats? They're so cute and fluffy :D

3. Koyen

Koyen IncGamers Member

Nothing personal against lolcats really :) I've got one hell of a furious fluffy chasing my dog all around the living room right now :)

I simply choose to dislike strange misfits, who can't put a 3 word sentence together without many variations of lolz, nubs and so on :) Too old for that really. I enjoy playing with alongside people, who i could emagine drinking beer with in real life

P.S. Darn! I so need english writing practice. Got used way too much typing in russian lately :)

4. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Meh! I want my comp back to be able to host more of these! Cog needs 93 again!

Anyways.....

East is the place to be if you live in the US. Europe is good too though. Pretty much don't bother with West, at least not on these forums. Asia, lolcats th3y r th3 noubs?

Check out the sticky at the top for more info.

5. Mal

Mal IncGamers Member

I have recently returned to D2 as well. You know, there is a good proportion of grammatically correct discourse on this forum, which is a relief. My eyes start to blur when I see a post that utilizes such conventions as "u" for "you" and so forth.

Just play a paranoid game in public games and you'll be a little safer.

Op xbananax is a good suggestion, but it is not always heavily populated.

If anyone wants to add me I'm on east. *malvosth

6. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

If you do decide to run public games make sure you do so from Op XBananaX in addition to being paranoid. It will keep you from being bombarded by public chat bots and will let people see your account so they grow more accustomed to you. Of course if people are online and talking jump right in we don't bite (well Sara, but she doesn't usually bite the new people) and are always up for questing.

Basically Banana isn't just a mindless baal channel, we also run questing and untwinked games, and even if we're AFK, being seen makes people more comfortable around you.

Enjoy the addiction
    Cheers
    -Tai