Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Greetings... again

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Bull(R), May 10, 2008.

1. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

Greetings... again

Hello SPF again, some of you may remember me... some of you most likely weren't around when I was playing.

I was an old bnet player (ranked 10 USEast Paladin for the first "immortalizing" in the new ladder system), turned SP, turned WoW player. But WoW just isn't quite fully cutting it out for me anymore, so I'm starting back into SP D2 because I have always enjoyed playing.

I've restarted a paladin and sorceress as I love my cheesadin build, and I need to get it gear somehow. Currently gotten the paladin to level 19 (killed Andariel) and my sorceress to level 18 (killed Andariel) over the past two days... but alas I keep getting that dreaded c00000005 error when I talk to Warriv to take the caravan east. I know this used to plague me before, but I managed to figure out a solution back then so I'll be trying to figure out a solution to it now.

A little bit more about me... 1.11b RWM player (because once you go bnet ladder you just can't give up runewords like spirit and insight). I only play with self-found items, but I enjoy playing with others (leveling/baal runs/etc) when my schedule permits. I used to have two level ~98.5 Hammerdins on BNet (Season 1 and Season 3) which I ran thousands upon thousands of Diablo+Baal runs, but I've always loved the Chaos Sanctuary more than then Worldstone Keep.

2. LordHoth

LordHoth IncGamers Member

Re: Greetings... again

Welcome back! I haven't run into that problem myself, ::knocks on wood::, and I hope someone here can help you with that.

3. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

The dump log for errors says that the fault address is located in D2Client.dll ... so after reinstalling three times (without upgrading to multiplayer, with upgrading to multiplayer, etc) I'm giving up trying to fix it for right now. I'll probably just make another character and get them to level 18-19 and kill Andy.

[edit] Upon looking into the code (Fault address: 6FB44704) it seems that:
    Seeing as my desktop doesn't actually have a sound-card (because I use my laptop to listen to music), I'm going to have to figure a way to fix this--hopefully without having to install D2 on my laptop as well just to complete acts for the first time.

4. Docturnal

Docturnal IncGamers Member

oh thats what's causing it? I kept getting the same problem when playing with rwm on, but whenever I changed to vanilla it was kosher... seems the settings are different when you use a mod.

5. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

If you play in windowed mode (just add '-w' to your shortcut), it won't play the cinematics. I myself don't like windowed mode, but you can use this to progress from act to act.

6. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Welcome back! I also recently returned from WoW so I know where you are coming from :).

Enjoy the hammerdin fun (Spirit pally shields ftw). My first character ever was a hammerdin (way back in classic before LoD ever came out). My friends helped gear him out a little with SoJs and Silks and what not (no lvl req back then!) so I had a blast. I've had a special place in my heart for them since...even though now they are the ultimate cheesy build.

Also /agree on Chaos > WSK...especially as a hammerdin.

7. slikz

slikz IncGamers Member

Welcome back, even though I wasn't here the first time :rolleyes:. I'm using RWM on my laptop, but I haven't had any problems yet. What kinda machine are you playing on?

8. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

It's a few years old, self built...
    Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (2.2 GHz)
    Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon x850xt 256MB (PCI-e)
    Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor (10k RPM) 74.2 GB
    RAM: 1 GB Sony (just generic ram... I could pull up the specs if it matters, but it's most likely 184 pin DIMM DDR333... I just can't quite recall off the top of my head)

The onboard sound card on the motherboard fried, so I had no more sound... which is what caused the problems. Running in windowed mode didn't fix it, so it seems that the same checks occur regardless of if cinematics are to be played or not. I went out and bought a cheap sound card to throw in my desktop, and the problem went away! My cheesadin is now level 31 sitting in Act 5.

9. slikz

slikz IncGamers Member

Good to hear the dedicated sound card worked, or that could've probably meant a new motherboard :sad2:.