Green with Envy II Tournament

bladejj

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Green with Envy II Tournament

Have you ever considered allowing atma as an extended stash just for set items? That seems like a pretty generous compromise.

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Have you ever considered allowing atma as an extended stash just for set items? That seems like a pretty generous compromise.
I decided after some thought that i will allow ATMA as an extended stash (see page 2). It seems fitting to make it only set items however i have already allowed the use of an extended stash, for whatever you decided to keep. So i dont think changing the rule again is that necessary and it could annoy alot of people.

If you want to use ATMA for only stashing set items, then go for it, and i commend you for taking the theme of the tournament and trying to apply it to all facets of the game :thumbsup:

Ikeren

Diabloii.Net Member

No set javelins is a problem. In that case, it is of benefit if it takes a long, long time to find a 3rd green weapon, isn't it? That is kind of amusing.

Either way, I am not a HC player, so I expect I'll die before I get to level 30. This is just for fun, and to get involved with the SPF again.

linkato1

Banned

Code:
Name        Character    Class      Area             Level    Points 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Arkansaw        Sincro       Necro      Burial Grounds   8        1
Morathi         Cosi         Druid      Rogue Camp       1        0
EmperorMoo      Monster      Necro      Rogue Camp       1        0
Brakstav        ?            Sorceress  Rogue Camp       1        0
sequana         ?            Necro      Rogue Camp       1        0
Slayer37        ?            Assassin   Rogue Camp       1        0
Profound        Roy          Barbarian  Rogue Camp       1        0
jiansonz        Allisandrina Assassin   Rogue Camp       1        0
Low Key         Avarice      Assassin   Rogue Camp       1        0
Hoop76          ?            ?????      Rogue Camp       1        0
jgreg7          ?            Sorceress  Rogue Camp       1        0
howdidigethere  Mikey        Paladin    Rogue Camp       1        0
Ikeren          Javazon      Amazon     Rogue Camp       1        0
Bassano         envylord     Necro      Dark Wood        13       -3
linkato1        Albert       Paladin    Black marsh      15       -4
Ikuze           H-lessChick  Amazon     Rogue Camp       12       -5
Albert and Klaudia went to rescue Decard Cain because Albert's superior had said that every quest that was even hinted at Albert must do. So when Akara was vehement on rescuing Cain they embarked on that.

First task was to clear the Stony Field. Almost immediately Albert found a moldy tome but decided not to read it as he already had hands full and he just knew that the tome would give him a new quest. Instead he tried to find those Cairn Stones that Warriw had mentioned and finally he did. Rakanishu, who was guarding the stones, was enchanted with lightning, but that didn't faze Albert. Couple of whacks from his scepter with the zeal he felt and Rakanishu was dead.

Trying to find a way out from the Stony Field Albert remembered Warriw's words that the passage went underground. So he searched the mountainside for an entrance that would lead under the mountain. Finally after they had cleared the whole Stony Field he found that entrance and started the subterranean journey towards the Dark Wood.

He found the exit to the Dark Wood quite easily but started to wonder if there was more to this underground passage. And there was. He had overlooked one side passage and it led to an entrance deeper into the mountain. He promptly entered and found small cave area that had much of the same crap that Charsi and Gheed seemed to like. So he dutifully hauled all the items to them.

Entering the Dark Wood finally was welcoming as the air underground was quite rank. The Dark Wood was infested with fallens and skeleton archers, so orderly clearing was impossible. The minute Albert whacked one fallen others fled. And there wouldn't have been any problem if they would have stayed fled, but no. So everytime Albert chased one fallen there were skeleton archers where the fallen had fled and when Albert went to deal with the archers another pack of fallen were just behind them. Rinse and repeat.

Eventually Albert and Klaudia had cleared the Dark Wood and Albert tore a piece of bark that had some unknown writing from the Tree of Inifuss. Back in the camp Albert showed the piece of bark to everyone and Akara was able to translate the message that was written on the bark. With that knowledge Albert and Klaudia went back to the Cairn Stones and were able to activate a portal to Tristram.

Tristram was in utter ruins and some of it's former residents were either possesed or dead. Albert found Wirt dead and noticed that his pegleg was ravaged by termites. It had three gaping holes in it. After they had cleared Tristram Albert released Deckard Cain from the gibbet that he was imprisoned in.

Albert knew that he must speak with Deckard Cain, but decided not to follow him straigth to the Rogue camp. Instead he made detour to through the Stony Field and went to read that moldy tome that he'd found. That was a mistake.

When he and Klaudia got back to the camp there soon became an uproar. Charsi and Gheed wanted Albert to go and fetch Charsi's smithing hammer from the Monastery, when Albert tried to tell that his superiors wanted him to investigate the Forgotten Tower first. That night Charsi wouldn't talk to him when they had their communal supper round the bonfire. So Albert also stayed quiet and just observed what others did. Wondering on the morrow he fell asleep.

Albert, Paladin, level 15, Black Marsh

No greens. Gheed has had almost all of Albert's money but haven't produce any greens. One consolence was that all superuniques dropped rares. Those were failed uniques. I didn't see any failed set items in their drops.

Topi

P.S.

One question again:

All quests must be done. Is quest done even if the reward is not used? If I don't imbue, name or socket anything have I still fullfilled that quest?

T

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

One question again:

All quests must be done. Is quest done even if the reward is not used? If I don't imbue, name or socket anything have I still fullfilled that quest?

T
Your drowning me with questions :tongue:.

Quest completed means the box must go grey and it says Quest completed.

So you have to imbue in order to make the box go grey etc etc.

Profound

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Profound        Roy          Barbarian  Black Marsh      15       -4
As usual, the first few areas have been a pretty mundane affair, Roy has been using a 2 chipped emerald sceptre and his rogue a 3 emerald hunter's bow. I did manage to get to level 12 before Coldcrow, but my 13% hork failed to do it's job:sad2: No set items yet, but a biggons bonnet did decide to drop in Tristram.

Also, i just realised i had been selling all my chippies apart from emeralds needlessly, as they will be useful later for re-rolling jewels. Yep, I'm a smart one. :hide:

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Road Ratt       Rebel Jen    Amazon     Cold Plains      6        -2
Count me in. I've been hoping a tourney would start soon that I could join, looks like an interesting one you've got here. I'll be trying out a mageazon, I've never played one before but I've been wanting to so...

I've only done the den so far and haven't found anything so not much to report besides my point total. :tongue:

slayer37

Diabloii.Net Member

Keep in mind though that you are forced to switch to Green items when you find one even if it is not the weapon type you need which in your case is a bow/xbow. I also wanted to play magezons but you might not find Arctic Horn, Vidala's Barb and/or Mavina's Caster in game so you won't be able to use any of your offensive skills. This is where casters shine because they are able to function no matter the weapon.

Ikuze

Diabloii.Net Member

Ikuze H-lessChick Amazon Black Marsh 16 -3

Still no greens yet :-(

and yes, I am fully aware that I'm gonna have to find a set bow as one my first three green weapons or I'm in a spot of bother! But it's all fun and games right??

edit: did what Morathi suggested...

Last edited:

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Guys just a side note please try and limit the amount of tables posted. It takes to much space and can get tedious. In my first post i said try and post it on the first post of each page with the updated progress of everyone. The only exception to that was if a new contestant joins, then he may post the table and add him self in.

When posting updates do something like this at the bottom, a brieft summary really.

Name, Act, Area, level, points

Something like that.

So the person who posts the table can update your information.

Thanks and good luck :thumbsup:.

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member

Keep in mind though that you are forced to switch to Green items when you find one even if it is not the weapon type you need which in your case is a bow/xbow. I also wanted to play magezons but you might not find Arctic Horn, Vidala's Barb and/or Mavina's Caster in game so you won't be able to use any of your offensive skills. This is where casters shine because they are able to function no matter the weapon.
Oh no, I guess I didn't quite get that part. Thanks for the info. . :flowers:

*walks off to start new ??? character*

Edit: After reading the rules again to make sure I understand how this tourney works, and seeing that atma may now be used as an extended stash, I have one question.

You may mule items off your character but definitely not back on.
If we can use atma as a stash, then shouldn't we be able to mule set items back on our characters to get set bonuses? Or is it that when you change set items on your character they must be used until you find something better to replace them with?

Last edited:

slayer37

Diabloii.Net Member

If we can use atma as a stash, then shouldn't we be able to mule set items back on our characters to get set bonuses? Or is it that when you change set items on your character they must be used until you find something better to replace them with?
Based from what I understand, that rule of Morathi was before allowing ATMA as extended stash so it does not count anymore. You can mule in or out items from ATMA as long as you find it in game.

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Based from what I understand, that rule of Morathi was before allowing ATMA as extended stash so it does not count anymore. You can mule in or out items from ATMA as long as you find it in game.
Spot on Slayer37 :thumbsup:.

Es Mors

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Es Mors         Kelkis       Necro      Burial Grounds   7        -1
Road Ratt       Rebel Jen    Amazon     Cold Plains      6        -2
Barkstav        Dorothea     Sorc       Stony Field      12       -5

Nobody had posted the table on this page, so I'll do. I'm in with a necromancer, who already has had two near deaths, as this is the first hc for me :embarassed:

EDIT: edited in Brakstav

Last edited:

Brakstav

Diabloii.Net Member

You seem to have failed using my updated table twice :cry:, so I will just add this line here for a hopeful future inclusion:

Brakstav Dorothea Sorceress Stony Field 12 -5

sequana

Diabloii.Net Member

Filip, Necromancer, Act I normal-Stony Field, level 7, points -3

lvl 7..............-7
Qs 1..............2
WPs 2............2
greens 0........ 0
-----------------------
Total ........... -3

linkato1

Banned

Your drowning me with questions :tongue:.

Quest completed means the box must go grey and it says Quest completed.

So you have to imbue in order to make the box go grey etc etc.
Why need to imbue when the character cannot use the result?

Topi

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member

In this tourney, imbue is only good for a little more money. The socket reward has good potential, though. I don´t really like that we are forced to use the first socket reward already before starting NM, but that´s the way the cookie crumbles...

EmperorMoo

Diabloii.Net Member

Monster, Necromancer, Act II normal-Lut Gholein, level 19, points 9

lvl 7..............-19
Qs 6..............12
WPs 10............10
greens 2........ 6
-----------------------
Total ........... 9

The tedium of doing A1 untwinked, full clears, /p8 got to me earlier today, so I dropped to /p5 and raced thru the remainder of act 1. Andy was kind (?) and dropped a pair of Cleglaw's Pincers, which are now (somewhat uselessly) equipped on my Fishy.

Despite gambling approx 30-40K, I didn't get the Arctic Furs I was hoping for from Gheed, hopefully Elzix will be a little kinder.

On to the Sewers!

:shocked:

linkato1

Banned

In this tourney, imbue is only good for a little more money. The socket reward has good potential, though. I don´t really like that we are forced to use the first socket reward already before starting NM, but that´s the way the cookie crumbles...
From rules:

"# You may return to previous acts and difficulties, however you may not leave town (this means its best to save Wrsts Leg when you get it or else you wont be able to do the Cow level)"

Doesn't this mean that you don't need to do the imbue, socket or naming reward right away.

Topi