Green with Envy II Tournament

Insane Wayne

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Green with Envy II Tournament

(Hmm, I thought Serpent Magi were indeed cold immune...maybe they were Salamanders(those fire-shooting buggers)?)
I am pretty sure those particular throne-level snakes are unlisted, special-guest poison immunes, and shoot bone spears.

jgreg7

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for all the congratulations! It was not only my first guardian, but my first sorc as well. sequana, you are right: she is a glass cannon, powerful but fragile.

I am pretty sure those particular throne-level snakes are unlisted, special-guest poison immunes, and shoot bone spears.
The Arreat Summit lists Serpent Magi as Act V guests with 0% cold and 115% poison resists. Not that they're ever wrong, but it matched what I saw listed on my screen...

I'm not a big fan of the cow level, but perhaps I will give Venus one last trip.

Insane Wayne

Diabloii.Net Member

The Arreat Summit lists Serpent Magi as Act V guests with 0% cold and 115% poison resists. Not that they're ever wrong, but it matched what I saw listed on my screen...
Yep, I don't know how I missed that listing, but it's good to know my memory served me OK, which is not always the case. :p

I'm not a big fan of the cow level, but perhaps I will give Venus one last trip.
Go for it, at least to kill the King. Hell Cow entrance is often tense until you safely clear the immediate area. After that it can drag a bit, unless you have a great AoE spell.

jgreg7

Diabloii.Net Member

Venus has cleared the cows, so can begin her retirement.

Fortunately the cow entrance was not trapped too badly, so she was able to get in safely. After that is was just move slow and deal with one herd at a time. The drops were all pretty poor, still no new greens, but at least Venus could leave all her resist charms in town for more inventory space.

Now it's back to other neglected tournaments, like Wayne's!

sequana

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Venus' stats

Guardian Filip, Necromancer, level 81, points 231

lvl 81................-81
Qs 81................162
WPs 117............117
greens 11........... 33
-----------------------
Total ............ 231

Finally done, let me introduce my second green guardian Filip.

Last part of Filip’s journey went surprisingly well. Well true is that summoner is quite comfortable for questing and Filip confirmed this.

Nihlathak

Ancients – important was to re-roll good one, it meant no LE, cursed or unpleasant aura enchanted. After many attempts we had luck, these guys were quite tame. I wanted to divide them, but it appeared that opposite state works as well. At the beginning they were slowed together at one place. Korlic and Madawc seemed to be rather weak, so I could see how their life is lowering, Talic with stone skin was on full life. First slain was Korlic, while after him Madawc. And as last Talic. I was pleasantly surprised that whole my army survived.

WSK 1: vile witches and ghoul lords here, nothing difficult.
WSK 2: hell spawns, soul killers and poison mages (poison), also without problem.
WSK 3: PI specters and hell temptress were quite annoying, but still it was well possible to beat them

Throne: at the beginning also 2 bosspacks of vipers, but for Filip was easy to wait behind army until they kill them.

Baal’s minions:

Colenzo – fast kill
Achmel – annoying poison and curse, few visits in town was needed
Bartuc – group was devided and lured away far from baal’s decrepify
Ventar – lure them away from baal’s decrepify as well
Lister – same tactic as before

Baal = boring, boring. It took exactly half an hour to kill him. At one point Baal suddenly made his clone, so Filip visited town and waited until clone disappeared. I found interesting that Baal didn’t use his tentacles at all, I remember that in previous GwE these tentacles almost killed my sorc few times . Now it was wihtout problem. I wonder if it is thanks to decrepify or just it depends on luck.

That’s end of Filip journey. With good end :).

I think I will write soon guardian thread with more info about stat/skill points and gear. I'm quite proud of him and also I can consider him as 2/7 of green sept :grin:.

Code:
Name            Character         Class      Area          Level    Points 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
jgreg7          Venus             Sorceress  Guardian        81      240
sequana         Filip             Necro      Guardian        81      231
Road Ratt       Rebel Jen         Amazon     Rogue Camp(H)   75      151
Slayer37        Bella             Assassin   Jail (NM)       51       86
Es Mors         Prisikelk         Necro      Arreat Summit   35       73
Profound        Roy               Barbarian  Lower Kurast    30       42
Jabari          Arimos            Druid      Palace Cellar   24       17
Barkstav        Dorothea          Sorceress  Lost City       25       12
Ikeren          Javazon           Amazon     Lut Gholein     25       12
EmperorMoo      Monster           Necro      Lut Gholein     19        9
Ikuze           H-lessChick       Amazon     Palace Cellar   25        7
Harrid          Veridian          Assassin   Halls o/t Dead  22        1
topoada         NaturalKingCole   Druid      Lut Gholein     20        1
Arkansaw        Sincro            Necro      Burial Grounds   8        1
Low Key         Avarice           Assassin   Rogue Camp       1        0
Hoop76          ?                 ?????      Rogue Camp       1        0
howdidigethere  Mikey             Paladin    Rogue Camp       1        0
Derivial        Zealot            Paladin    Rogue Camp       1        0
Soi Lo          Og                Barbarian  Rogue Camp       1        0
Turbocannon     Gaia              Assassin   Rogue Encampment 1        0
nilynrae        VincentPrice      Necro      Rogue Camp       7       -1
Imploder        Kyouken           Druid      Cold Plains      7       -3
spikewilbury    Sinead            Sorceress  Cold Plains      9       -3
erimatbrad      Futility          Sorceress  Rogue Camp      12       -5
SomethingProf   Meridian          Druid      Cold Plain      12       -8
Lostprophet     Sadler            Sorceress  Inner Cloister  19        ?

RIP
Name            Character    Class       Area            Level    Points 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
jiansonz        Allisandrina  Assassin   False Tombs(H)    79      190
Bassano         envylord      Necro      Viper temple(H)   72      170
Merlin          Mihanti       Trapsin    Black Marsh(H)    77      165
Insane Wayne    Pepper        Sorceress  Crypt (H)         76      162
Charlo          Fice          Sorceress  Foothills(NM)     65      155
StevehRogers    MrsGreen      Sorceress  Kurast Docks NM   60      108
StevehRogers    The Hulk      Necro      River of Flame    35       79
iomanip         Blisters      Sorceress  flayer dungeon(N) 46       72
DuesNox         MutNinjaTurt  Assassin   Outer Cloister(N) 48       77
Merlin          Buggha        Druid      Chaos Sanctuary   35       47
Es Mors         Kelkis        Necro      Swampy Pit lvl3   25       30
Morathi         Cosi          Druid      Chaos Sanctuary   35       23
Charlo          God_Himself   Paladin    Dark Wood         14       -2
linkato1        Albert        Paladin    The Barracks      17       -3

Last edited:

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

:congrats: sequana :grin:.

Very well done getting your 2nd Green Guardian :worship:. I new you would make it and you now join jgreg7 with Guardianship status :).

Well done and good luck for your future characters.

Jingizu

Banned
Guardian Filip, Necromancer, level 81, points 231
Congratulation :thumbup:

Finally you made it, of course I knew from the beggining it would end with killing hell Baal :coffee: (no, I don't need anything). I am looking forward to your pat thread (especially your equipment)...

Now you need five more green tournaments. I am quite interested in green barbarian, make him your next char :whistling:

sequana said:
Baal = boring, boring. It took exactly half an hour to kill him.
I hope you have made something usefull in that time, like 90 Pindle runs in another window...

sequana

Diabloii.Net Member

I hope you have made something usefull in that time, like 90 Pindle runs in another window...
Well hehe I thought about some entertainment meanwhile. But seriously, in while when my concentration decreased a bit and I didn't cast decrepify in time, Baal made clone, what scared me a lot. Killing two Baals with our low speed...no no no. Gladly the trick with visiting town works and then I was careful to cast decrepify in regular intervals. I kept in mind that on HC one must be careful till the end.

Insane Wayne

Diabloii.Net Member

Nicely done sequana and congrats on your green guardian! :thumbup:
Great job defeating the Ancients and nice screenshots.

I found interesting that Baal didn’t use his tentacles at all, I remember that in previous GwE these tentacles almost killed my sorc few times . Now it was wihtout problem. I wonder if it is thanks to decrepify or just it depends on luck.

Mostly Decrep, and maybe a little luck. Whenever Baal is slowed enough, he loses his "advanced" attacks, which include teleportation, cloning, and tentacles. If you forget to refresh Decrep in time, there's a brief moment where he'll regain access to those abilities. If you're lucky, he will choose some other minor attack until you hit him with Decrep again. The longer you wait to refresh Decrep, the more likely he will try a special attack.

jgreg7

Diabloii.Net Member

Finally done, let me introduce my second green guardian Filip.
Wow, congratulations sequana! :thumbsup: And with only 11 greens, to boot! Philip's resists must have been terrible. I'm looking forward to the gear & stat report.

Edit: I just checked the other thread out. Resists weren't as bad as I expected...