Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Green and Red [font color] game names?Wtf?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by barty, May 21, 2008.

1. barty

barty IncGamers Member

Green and Red [font color] game names?Wtf?

I was on Wsccl yesterday back from a 1.5 week break, and I saw some trade and duel games with red and green font [I know u can change font color, I've never done it but I've seen it all over profiles,gamespeak,etc., just not game names in join game list] I've never seen this before that i can remember:thumbsup:. I joined a duel game labeled this way and when I looked for the game name in the upper right corner, there was no game name. Weird. I'm thinking this might be an indicator of the status of B-net, I would really hate it if people were duping [noticed a grip of lag on my return] or bending B-net over again. Anyone clear up these weird game name fonts? Or seen any weird things lately? Maybe I'm just trippin and you can just make a game name with font changed and it will register, but I'm not sure. I can get some SS's i took if i can find them if anyone wants to see what im talking about.

2. EagleEntek

EagleEntek IncGamers Member

Re: Green and Red [font color] game names?Wtf?

Only weird thing ive noticed lately is that in 4 days of solid searching, ive not found a single dragon shield, socketed dragon shield, barbed shield, socketed barbed shield, scutum, socketed scutum, death mask, socketed deathmask, dimensional blade, or socketed poignard.

(i need all of these btw)

Also have noticed lots and lots and lots and lots of gems dropping. Everywhere. Literaly from anything. Maybe to make up for hte lack of socketed items but bloody annoying when your sitting there with 800000 gems and no shields for em :wink:

3. barty

barty IncGamers Member

lol, havent noticed any of those things, i guess u didnt see the games i mentioned, was about 4-6 pm arizona [pacific coast time jsut about], and i have seen a grip of gems lately, especially in cows, but i have seen some socketed gear. #gems>#Os items.weird.
    maybe Warlocc or Orphan know wassup.

4. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

socketed items and item types info for eagle

1a. if u want socketed gear all u have to do is have NO mf gear on.

1b. more mf= less socketed gear drops

cows and sockets:

1c. cows is best for sockets due to the number of monsters-cows u can kill, if u can kill them fast (remember, NO mf on for socket drops). for normal socket drops (non-exceptional) u wanna do norm cows. weapons (not sure which ones or if all can) can get 6 sockets (u might need to be in nm=nightmare or hell or high character lvl though for 6 sockets). non-def helmets and shields can get 3 sockets. the mask (though ugly) can get 3 sockets and has the lowest str req (only 23 str req). this can be found in norm cows or norm act 3 and flayer jungle as well as other areas of act 3. def helmets and shields can only get 2 sockets (like grim shield or helm). for exceptional socketed items u wanna do nm (nm=nightmare) cows (remember no mf for socked item drops). the exceptional mask, death mask (though ugly), can get 3 sockets and has the lowest str req (55 str req) for exceptional socketed helmets, though it jsut be better to use the mask instead as its str req is only 23.

1d. another good place for socket item drops is act 3 and its flayer jungle as well as other areas of act 3.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    1a. as for the item types (barbed shield, dragon shield, etc...) i can't remember of the top of my head what act and areas are best to find each of those.

1b. possibly its at act 2 (nm or hell) for at least the barbed shield and dragon shield. i do remembed seeing those appear in the act 2 shops. though probably show up more frequently if u high character level and in act 2 hell difficulty. i think act 3 also gets the dragon shields in their shops. and i'm presuming if i see them in the shops they can definately also drop from monsters.

2a. they ARE exceptional which drops, or appears less in shops, less than the non-exceptional versions. normal can only drop exceptional items in a few areas and also the most rarely as well. nightmare can drop both normal and exceptional items in any of its acts and areas. it has the middle-avg chance of dropping exceptional compared to the worst, normal, and the best (most often) in hell difficulty. hell difficulty drops the exceptional (sockets or non-sockets) items the most often. also hell difficulty never or rarely drops a normal (non-exceptional) item.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  5. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

The colors are done by putting a special character followed by a number(to chose the color) before the text you want to color. So this can indeed also be used for gamenames.
    This just comes and goes. It's really popular for a bit and then it vanishes again.
    I think I have a few colors in one of my profiles aswel. I don't think I have changed my profiles in well over 3 years.

6. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

just colour codes

7. Terraicarus

Terraicarus IncGamers Member

I've noticed quite a few of the items listed, including a 3-socket dimentsional blade so I guess that's two in one! Sorry, I didn't keep it though.

8. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Would you happen to remember the syntax for color coding in D2 gamenames? Thank you.

9. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Last time I used them was more then 3 years ago. So not at the moment, no.
    By using such a thing you're only contributing to it's longevity.
    Imho, the sooner it fades out of style again, the better.

10. SHINOBIPANDA

SHINOBIPANDA IncGamers Member

so ur saying that u dont approve of the color changing?

11. EagleEntek

EagleEntek IncGamers Member

Oh just thought i would update that ive still not found any of the above socketed items, and in fact lately the only socketed items ive seen in the lastr week have been socketed executioner swords, defender shields, and cudgels - nowt else.

I do have a sneaky suspicion why this is - i was offered a 475 damage executioner sword with 45% cold resistance on it, and a ring with 19 to all resistances - oh and a twitchthroe socketed with a purple gem. And before you ask, i didnt have the 33 sojs required to trade for them - does the word "dupe" mean anything to anyone regarding items not dropping, weird game behaviour and the like ?

V. dissapointing for the legit players who actually like to find our items and magic find properly - seems everyone is trading for "fg" and offering these odd items...

12. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

I think it was easy to do in the past (it only required copying certain "square" symbols), but now you cant paste them and thus you cant do it without a hack - but I cannot check it at the moment.

I think in the past a lot of funny things could have been done - that were later patched, e.g. one could copy+paste the name while creating a character as the "validity" check was performed client side, not server side (the server only checked if the name was taken or not) - and thus "illegal" names could be created.

I used to play starcraft a lot and people were having some really impressive "illegal" nicknames e.g. -_- or magic~hands etc. - but they are just old. Not sure about diablo, havent played it for that long, I know that the starcraft account names can be diablo names. My biggest achievement so far is grabbing the ID "fanaticism".

13. barty

barty IncGamers Member

Wow, the possibilities of a 19 all res ring and 475 dmg exe in Classic!!
    [sheepish grin*, if only i could find those...]