Greatest book ever?

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmm let me think...not sure about greatest but "Night" by Elie Wiesel is pretty good :uhhuh:

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
Harry Potter all the way!!!...

..... lol j/k

well seriously, I would vote any of Dan Brown's novels that involve religion in some way b/c they are so controversial and he exploits new ideas that no one ever even thought of before.

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord of the rings outweighs all by far, or the Da vinci code by dan brown(omfg i read that book in like 2 days it pwned so hard)

ebyworx

Diabloii.Net Member
Jimi- said:
Lord of the rings outweighs all by far, or the Da vinci code by dan brown(omfg i read that book in like 2 days it pwned so hard)
angels and deamons was really good by dan brown, haven't gotten De Vinci Code Yet

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Muhammed Ali's Book Club

Lord of the Rings is certainly worthy of merit and it may well be the best collection of books (three, to be precise) of all time. I don't think I could pick any one book and say it was the greatest. The best book I've ever read was Lord of the Rings but my tastes may vary from yours.

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
i havent read Angels and Demons but im reading it atm, read the Da vinci Code its amazing :thumbsup:

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Kurtz's revenge

Bortaz said:
Heart Of Darkness, by Josef Conrad
The horror, the horror! How could you even get THROUGH that book (it was the hardest 80+ pages I ever had to read...on the flip side, it took me three days to read through Lord of the Rings). As difficult as it was for me to get through the book, I happen to agree with you Bortaz that Heart of Darkness has a terrific message for the world and overall is a good read.

NIRVANA

Diabloii.Net Member
while I don't think it's the greatest ever, the best book I've read so far has got to be "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
My top 3:
Lord of the Rings (trilogy)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (series)
Watership Down

onionfarm

Diabloii.Net Member
TheGreatDivorce said:
How bout' The Bible, possibly greatest work of fiction created?
I'm disappointed. I was going to make the exact same joke.

Greatest book: My favorite book I've ever read was Shogun, but I don't know if it's the greatest ever because I haven't read every book ever yet.

Bortaz

Banned
Necrolestes said:
The horror, the horror! How could you even get THROUGH that book (it was the hardest 80+ pages I ever had to read...on the flip side, it took me three days to read through Lord of the Rings). As difficult as it was for me to get through the book, I happen to agree with you Bortaz that Heart of Darkness has a terrific message for the world and overall is a good read.

Did you know that the movie Apocalypse Now was based on HoD? :lol:

Conrad's books are a bit hard to get into, but once you have his style down, he becomes very good. It's the translating from Polish to English, I think.