Greatest band of all time?

mince pies

Diabloii.Net Member
Greatest band of all time?

I've decided to create a poll of who everyone thinks the greatest band of all time is. As you might have guessed by now, I like having discussions with my friends and we come to an agreement of the nine bands that will be on the poll:

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Queen
Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Abba
Van Halen
U2
Metallica

Of course the poll will be based on your personal opinions, but the bands will be judged on record sales, live performances, songs and consistency.

phreekz

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Greatest band of all time?

I'll go ahead and say the Beatles, according to the categories you have mentioned and as they were probably the most influential to most bands.

I think we might 'ave a few Sabbath fans p****d off here :)

Abba were never that big, seems a strange choice to me.

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member

It's not on your list, but Cake is among my favorite music. The definitely do well in the last two categories. Almost every song on every album is good, and there is a wide variety of style in their music. I don't know about the first two though. I'm sure they sold a lot of albums, but they're probably not in the same league as the ones you listed in that regard.

Johnny

Banned

U2 taints that list. You mind aswell add Lindsey Lohan then.

Skutters

Diabloii.Net Member

My friend wanted to put My Chemical Romance on that list but I told him that was going too far...
I would think for a band to have a legitimate shot at being on that list, it would have to have been around for at least a few decades. I'm afraid none of the "punkish" type bands come close to qualifying in my book.

Calcipher

Diabloii.Net Member

Of course the poll will be based on your personal opinions, but the bands will be judged on record sales, live performances, songs and consistency.
And what about influence?

Most of those on your list I agree with. For more recent (within 20 years) bands that were great, I'd include Sublime and Nirvana.

Gibbzilla

Diabloii.Net Member

Metallica is the only band on the poll I enjoy listening to.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Congratulations HHB you are even more sarcastic than I.

Gagge

Diabloii.Net Member

I've decided to create a poll of who everyone thinks the greatest band of all time is. As you might have guessed by now, I like having discussions with my friends and we come to an agreement of the nine bands that will be on the poll:

The Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Queen
Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Abba
Van Halen
U2
Metallica
What in the name of he who cannot be named are Van Halen doing on that list? Especially when you left out Iron Maiden? Neither of them can touch Beatles/Stones of course, but Van Halen.... Unbelievable.

And the idea of having My Chemical Romance on any list of this kind immediately makes this thread irrelevant.

*Closed*
Move along people, nothing to see here!

Last edited:

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member

Is it just me, or does musical talent flow from the same source that craziness does? (Mozart, Syd Barrett, Brian Wilson, Kurt Cobain, John Bonham, and Wesley Willis [jk.. sorta]).

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member

The Monkees were fun to watch/listen to... but made-for-TV bands shouldn't count.