Great...

Lazer LXXVII

Diabloii.Net Member
Great...

Now im possibly losing my best friend. Another ****ing idiot cant drive, sends a young person to the hospital. I had this issue in February, today, some dumb**** ran a red light smashing right into my friends car.

Hes in very bad condition, he will be in a coma for at least 3-4 more days. Broken leg, shattered shoulder bone, something with his spine (didnt catch what exactly, but blood was coming from his ears), his left arm is cut like crazy, and now he has a bolt in his head to monitor his blood pressure. Since his skull is filling with blood.

My best friend, one of the few people outside of my family that i trust, i knew him since 3rd grade, thats 10 years now...just remembering the times we shared together are killing me inside. Supposedly he is in stable condition, but they had to rush the visitors out of the room for some reason.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
car accidents suck, i hope hes gunna be ok

a good friend of mine was t-boned by a minivan a few years ago while driving his motorcycle, he was messed up in the hospital for about a month, hes better now but still cant remember anything that happend 1yr before the accident

doctors are miracle workers i tell ya
keep him company and post updates when you can

WebDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
http://www.islandpacket.com/front/story/6236657p-5446071c.html

I just hate stupid ****ing people around here, morons cant drive, either that or they just cant think rationally. Sent me to the hospital earlier, i did fine. Now my friend, i dont know, i just really hope he can pull through.

I cant lose him...10 years...
I suggest you focus less on how bad it would be if you lose him and more on being a supportive friend to him. Even if he's in a coma and you can't directly comfort him, then be a comforting and supportive person to his family and friends. Whatever will happen, will happen. Until it does, or doesn't, there is nothing you can do about it. Be optimistic. I feel your friend is gonna make it, and so should you. Project that optimism to others. You'll do everyone a world of good.

Lazer LXXVII

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you guys.

It means alot to me, i have just found the past hour or so extremely difficult reminiscing on good times we spent together over the past 10 or so years. Its difficult for me.

But thank you, it really means alot to me.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, a lot of drivers are morons. It's a symptom of the fact everyone drives, all the time.

Lazer LXXVII

Diabloii.Net Member
Well i visited today and his parents let me see him, it just hurts me so badly seeing someone i care about in a shape like that. Supposedly today he isnt better, but he isnt worse, same state as yesterday.

But the thing that hurts me the worst is just seeing him. Physically, he looks okay, he had his leg in a sling, his arm was stiched up, some blood still in his ears. Then he had machines hooked up to him all over the place, in his arms, a couple that i didnt even check, and a tube going into the top of his head. He looks fine, im just worried about if he will be okay long term injury wise after he wakes up.

That and what hurts me the most is seeing someone close to me, breathing, hooked up to a bunch of machines, but just no response. I know there is a person still deep in there just bothers me, i dont know if this stuff is true or not. But i planned just to talk to him, i couldnt stomach it and i left. I came back a second time and all i could get out was "I know you'll get better", im not sure if i believe the whole idea if he can hear me or not, but i really hope he heard that. At least felt my prescence somehow...

Lazer LXXVII

Diabloii.Net Member
A little bit of a strange question:

Does anyone know if the whole myth about a person who is in a coma, if they can still hear everything and feel the presence of others? Does anyone know if this is true, i have heard that it is true, then i heard its just a myth. I really doubt it can be confirmed, but does anyone have any sort of reasoning behind the yes/no answer?

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
I offer my condolences.

And I also offer my prayers both for you, and for him and his family.

WebDragon

Diabloii.Net Member

Does anyone know if the whole myth about a person who is in a coma, if they can still hear everything and feel the presence of others? Does anyone know if this is true, i have heard that it is true, then i heard its just a myth. I really doubt it can be confirmed, but does anyone have any sort of reasoning behind the yes/no answer?
There have been some instances were people in comas have responded to outside stimuli. Its an extremely low chance, but it has been known to happen.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member

I think that probably has something to do with the fact that people who have friends/family in comas WANT them to respond, and they will see things in such a way that they can interpret it as such.

FirsTimer

Diabloii.Net Member

They can hear you. I had a similar situation with a friend that was in a coma after getting t-boned. They were monitoring the pressure on his brain and everytime I went into the room to talk to him it spiked, didn't happen with his parents or family, just me, after a couple days of that they just told me not to come and that they'd call when he woke up.

Whether that shows that the comatose can hear you or not I don't know. If nothing else it does demonstrate that if you are in a coma, I am dangerous to you.