Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

great poleaxe or ghost spear botd?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by egervari, Mar 22, 2004.

1. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

great poleaxe or ghost spear botd?

Should a two-handed barb ultimately use great poleaxe or ghost spear botd? Both ww very fast it seems and have great reach. They do equivalent damage more or less as well. I like the ghost spear because it seems like the barb is very smooth/fast moving while the other botds seem a bit more slower and less fluant while wwing. I dunno, it's purely observation and no fact behind it. It could very well be the fact that spears render faster than the other weapons on my screen. Lol. I like the great poleaxe though because it needs higher strength (no problem with coh or enigma) and ghost spear needs more dex (which is useless for two-hander really). Thoughts?

2. bwirum

bwirum IncGamers Member

Well, they both give the same avg damage and they both reach the last ww breakpoint with botd so it's a matter of preferances really. The dex will do you good anyhow with the ar and your ability to evade the little critters from hitting you, but of course more str = more damage.. so ultimately, one or the other.. a matter of personal preferances. I think a ghost spear will run you very little tho, compared to a great poleaxe. Why, I don't know.

3. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

Ouch... You need to think AR before damage - k hunny buns?

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

The dex isn't going to do much for his ar, since it only returns 5 ar per point, which is ridiculous. He can easily get 15-25k or more using things like charms, demon limb, and angelic pieces. I went with the pole myself. More damage, allows me more options when choosing armor while still letting me stay low to pump vit, and it looks great.

-Hal

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Ghost Spear, IMHO, does not look as good as Pole either...