Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Great or Bad Assassin??? RATE IT!!!

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by FrostbaneX, Mar 17, 2004.

1. FrostbaneX

FrostbaneX IncGamers Member

Great or Bad Assassin??? RATE IT!!!

Alright really I'm hoping to maybe do solo hell, but also to duel and have a overall good assassin that is very strong. here it is:

Skills
    ----------
    20 Tiger Strike
    20 Dragon Flight
    20 Claw Mastery
    20 Weapon Block
    20 Fade
    4 Pre-Req
    Rest in Shadow Master
    -----------
    total:104 skills obtained at lvl 92

Stats
    -------------
    Strength: Enough to wear gear
    Dex: Enough to wear claws(gear)
    Mana: Base
    Life: Rest

Gear
    -----------
    Helm:Gaze
    Armor: Nats (socketed with 3 Um Runes if resists not yet max in hell)
    Ammy: Highlords
    Claws: Choas/Fury/Jade Talon(only 1 if resists yet fail)/Bartucs/Nats
    Belt: Verdungos Hearty Cord
    Rings: x2Raven(AR)
    Gloves: Dracul's Grasp
    Boots:Shadow Dancers

Hows this Sound...I should have a nice balance of reists(maxed in hell) and damage reduction(approx 55) and by maxing out block I should be pretty well covered there....the charge up damage and finishers...the damage will be unbelievable the only thing is 92 is quite high to finish this build and i wish i had a few more points in shadow master maybe max it out...DONT LEAVE WITHOUT STATING UR OPINION GOOD OR BAD!!!!!!

2. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

*Charges are not very good for pvp so this will strictly be a pvm build.
    *I'd try to get another helm. Not a fan of gaze. Try a shako instead.
    *You wont have any good skill to use in pvm...crowd control?

3. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

No good PvP skill... looks like another bread-butter asn to me, except she will get eaten alive in crowds like c-beat said.

4. Shadow752

Shadow752 IncGamers Member

PvM=Alright
    PvP=Dead as a doornail
    If your looking for overall effectiveness this isn't going to get it done. As the others said charge up skills are bad in duels. I really don't think you can get a good overall assassin, that it just has to be one or the other, however that is just my opinion and feel free to prove me wrong. Your gear looks good except for the gaze, try a shako or crown of ages if you can get it, the damage reduce you lose shouldn't be a problem if you max out your fade. For a second claw go with Bartuc's over Nats for the speed.

5. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Not sure about PvP, but this isn't a strong build for PvM IMO:

1) DF is simply not a good skill in PvM, due to the casting delay that prevents you from spamming it, unlike DTail and DTalon. Plus, it only hits one target at a time, once per click.

2) The 20 CM is going to be pretty much wasted, if you're using DF for damage, as CM does not improve DF in any way.

3) 20 WB is major overkill for PvM due to high diminishing returns past slvl 10, IMO, the most you would need is 10 base(even then, I never go for more than 10, after +skills).

4) 20 Fade. No complaints in itself, but given the amount of PDR you already have on your equipment(35%, to be exact), I'd suggest lowering this to 5-10 points, so you won't have any PDR overlap. Be sure you have enough IAS to max out TS's and DF's speed.

5) Nat's Shadow is a poor armor(the only mods worth noting on it is the +life and +2 SD) if you aren't using it inconjunction with the entire set IMO. You'd be much better off with for example 'Chains of Honor' or Duriel's Shell.

6) Deadly Strike does not work with Kicks, so I'd switch out HighLord's Wrath for something else.

7) Dracul's Grasp are good, but you aren't going to be attacking very fast(ie. won't be triggering Life Tap very often), so I'd switch it out for the IMK Forge, for increased Kick damage.

6. d2xsin

d2xsin IncGamers Member

Are you posting this so we can rate your assassin? Cuz it looks like you already know how it's gonna come out. Could it be that you're just bragging about your godly gear?

7. Bakatare_1

Bakatare_1 IncGamers Member

pvm not pvp

8. abaddon

abaddon IncGamers Member

I am sorry to tell you that this build looks very confusing to me ....

1. Nats armor + um runes + fade + jade talon ... argh .... you wont need as many resists
    2. Dragon flight is not so good as finishing move ... because of the delay, beacause of the wasted CM .... IMO dragon claw looks better and its uninteruptable
    3. No crowd control - a single point in MB or skill on your chaos claw can improve that
    4. I dont like gaze either, try shako for the huge life/mana/skills bonus and 10 pdr

Sry, I dont like your assa ...