Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Great day of school

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Merick, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Great day of school

Ok, it was the last day of my Quality of the Environment class before the final. I thought we were just going to review, which I can do better by myself, so I considered not going, it was cold outside and I'd spend as much time in class as getting to it and getting back from it.
    Somehow my sense of responsibility got me to class. Blah blah blah, she's talking about how you shouldn't eat lettuce if you visit Africa, and how her friend suffers from periodic brain swelling, the usual crap she wastes our time on, and then she hands out a review sheet.
    Whew, I guess coming to class was worth the time, these review sheets basically have a few terms you need to know that make the test very easy.
    Blah blah blah, some students waste everyone's time by asking questions that obviously won't have anything to do with the test. Then, she hands out index cards that we can write whatever we want to on for the test. Sweet! I can literally write everything that could concieveably be on the test on this.
    But THEN, she announces that people with a high A don't have to take the test, and puts an overhead up with the names of those people. And I'm on it! I thought I was destined to get a B in this class, so this really surprised me.

I really hated this class, I feel like littering to celebrate.

2. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

I hate teachers who waste time. I have a 3 hour lecture every Tuesday . . . the guy spends about an hour to an hour and a half talking about stuff not related to the course.

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

you lucky bastard... :grrr:

my exams are in june and they are gonna kill. next week, my chem teacher gives us our first review packet for homework and we get a new one each week. I dont even want to know what my other teachers will do

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

The funny thing about index cards/cheat sheets (by cheat i just mean a figure of speech, the sheet is actually allowed to be brought in) is that all the time you spend writing down the important stuff you will memorize it. Therefore when you get to the exam with the sheet you rarely even look at it. Very tricky way for the teacher to get people to study.

5. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

4" by 6" slice of heaven

I never liked having "cheat sheets" (note cards with information on it, sanctioned by the teacher) because I never really learned the material, I just learned how to search for it. The one exception was in math class, where the formulas were too complex to memorize and too useless in real life to be worth the effort.

6. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

That's what the program feature in TI calculators is for isn't it :p ?

Oh and Steve, does he complain about being soooo far behind all the time too?

7. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Yeah, although I honestly doubt he has any idea why. I think he's oblivious to how much he rambles.

8. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

I just have to interject this. Necro, your titles deal. You have to have the best titles on your posts in the forums -_-

Garbad

9. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

I always read Necro's titles.

10. Dj_Otaku

Dj_Otaku IncGamers Member

Haha, I always think that too. They are quite witty...

Dj_Otaku

11. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Hehe, I had my Bio final on Wendesday, and I went to the class exactly 4 times, first day, and 3 tests, and I assumed that the final will be in the usual lecture location...5 mins before the test, I met a friend of mine, walking the opposite direction, and that's when I found that the final was held on the other side of campus...