Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Great, bugged charms now -.-

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Æ’enris, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Great, bugged charms now -.-

Okay..I have no hard proof, but you guys will have to believe me on this one, there are bugged charms on west now.
    My friend is in 'Ladder Dueling', so I join, and I see he's in a 6v1 party against some pally Dead_debris or something.
    I'm like, lol nice party you newb.
    He goes, no one can damage this pally.
    Being my cocky self, I say, we'll see.
    Now, I should say that my friend maphacks, and the pally was using vipermagi, maras, wisp, raven, HoZ, hoto, trang gloves, arachnid, and sandstorm, shako just you're basic caster set-up.
    Of course it's a hammerdin, so I hostile and he comes out, starts with common charge/hammer things, (he only has 10% dr from shako remember) and I hit him with a couple tornados as he runs towards me, and he takes [ ] damage. (no bo or oak that I could see either)
    I go..are you sure that's what he's using (I can tell that hes using hoto/shako/vipermagi/HoZ by his char), and everyone says yes.
    Oh, and a hammer killed me in one hit, which is a bit strange seeing as I have 3k life, which means 18k hammers, but it's beleivable I guess.
    So I bring in my mf sorc, 10k fireball, and I hit him with two fireballs for all of [ ] damage again, and friend again confirms he has no fire absorb/max resist on, did I mention the two other windys, trapper, and orb sorc couldn't hurt him for **** either.

Just a warning guys.

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

We'll see...

3. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

sounds like someone built a good pally .....

we shall see about the charms .. b/c that is one or many magnificant charms ..... i mean that is like open bnet charms if thats the case.

4. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I don't know..there may be some other explanation, but two tornados doing [ ] damage to someone with 10% dr and no bo is just amazing to me.

5. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I agree it is amazing ..... but i dueled a pally not to long ago w/ 30 k def and 6 k life w/ not bo or anything .... it happens.

Im not saying he wasnt bugged or anything .... but there are a lot of pub sleepers out there (non-bugged) that are just amazing with their characters ... it could be either.

6. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

"that mofo must be cheating" is a common pvp assumption so I can't really say how valid your conclusion is, he could just be a helluva nasty bastard

7. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I agree with ash on this one ...... you may be good or great or godly .... but there is always someone better than the character your good w/ .... if this plays out and a bug comes out ...... more power to you ... but like i said before the people that arnt known are the ones that are really good.

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

PLEASE do explain how a 6k nado could do maybe 1/10 of someones life, when they have 10% dr, and no battle orders or oak.
    Don't you think I thought that he might just be WAY better then me?
    1/6 pvp penalty, is 1000 damage, 10% dr is 900. Now it was doing about 1/10 of his life I'd say, so 9k life with no oak or bo? The godliest v/t only had like 4k-ish life, and they were almost ALL vita.
    BTW, I just made a pally with pretty much the best caster gear, and his hammer only got to 15k.
    +3 hoto
    +2 enigma
    +1 arach
    +2 shako
    +4 (hammer) HoZ
    +2 sojs
    +2 maras
    +11 charms
    +1 battle command
    maxed hammer, maxed blessed aim, maxed vigor, maxed conc.
    Now how could a 15k spell 1-hit someone with 3k life?

9. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

im not getting in an arguement over this ... it happens is all i can say

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I'm just asking for an explanation besides bugs, because I have NO idea at all :S

11. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I dont think anyone here can explain this phenomina ... might try the pally forum.

Only thing i can think of is that mass def. might effect that hitability of tornado. this isnt supposed to happen but maybe a ridiculous amount of def might prevent tornado from hitting. Again tornado is ALWAYS supposed to hit ... but i have seen stranger things happen in my time. (I still swear i seen nado ll w/o ll or life after kill).

12. mepersoner

He may have had some ber runes. He might have just had a lot of life. Also, a lot of the times tornados double hit and do more damage, you might be used to that and the fact that they didn't this time made it seem like they did less damage, etc. etc. etc.

13. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

WE could try to break it down.

Lets see.
    ---------------------Str Part--------------------------
    With items he indicated. Base strength he needs is 54.

He has:
    "Now, I should say that my friend maphacks, and the pally was using vipermagi, maras, wisp, raven, HoZ, hoto, trang gloves, arachnid, and sandstorm, shako just you're basic caster set-up."
    10x pally combat
    1x Anni

if level 86 lets say
    --------------------Dex Part-------------------------------
    for +20 all +2 combat = 26860 dmg
    level 44 Holy shield = 565% ed, +38% block, for max block dex = 187 dex.

Say he has perfect anni = 20 dex
    hoto =10 dex
    raven = 20 dex
    shako + mara = 7 dex ====== 57 thus neededing 130 dex base.
    ----------------------Vit Part------------------------------------
    Level 86 = (86 x 5 per level) + 15 for quests = 445 stats - (54str)-(130dex)=261 points left over. We also need to count the mara, shako, annis additon for a total of 27. 261+27 = 288.

75 life to start with base 25 vit.
    Level 86 x 2 life per level gain = 172 life
    288 x 3 for every vit = 864
    10xCombat charms say 40 lifers = 400 life
    Sandstorm = 45 life
    Total = 1556
    -----------------------Dmg Reduction----------------------------------
    Visible at 10%
    And you get a 50% penalty in Dmg pvp,

----------------------Summary---------------------------------

THe mans legit. Hes jsut twinked. Notice we left out 3 sockets. Helm, shield, and armour. Also note he has room for 9 additional small charms. I think its eprfectly normal. Most people hail the Hammerdin as king. Im currently doing 12k dmg with just an anni charm. Its got near perfect resists and if your willing toi twinmk him. Its a hell of a time to try and hit the punk.

14. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

not sure if it works for pallies but there are barbs on east whoch are unkillable.

the bug seems to work like this - barb hostiles everyone and then stands out on the battlefield.

they only melee - zerk or conc.

THEY DO NOT MOVE. This is the kicker - if the barb stays where he is NOTHING will kill him - not 40000 fireballs at 10k damage each, not blizzard, not even hammers will kill them (no absorbs here).

but if the barb MOVES from where he was standing, he dies immediately.

I don't how the big works, or what causes it. but it's there.

15. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

That often occures when he stands on a corpse and both "X" on the map overlap so it makes just one.
    The game will think he's already dead or non-existant ,thus you cannot deal any damage.

I thought they fixed this ,but I'll have to look into that.... :spy:

16. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Thanks for the effort, but a couple problems.
    Pvp is 1/6, something like 17% or so.
    Asked the friend, he said the guys shako had perf ruby and the rest was empty.
    1.5k life, no, because I would be doing 900 pvp damage, which would more then half him, and I only did a small amount of his life.

Edit: Oh, and did I mention my sigons set poofed between games on my barb :scratch:

17. mepersoner

It's 17% not 1/6.

18. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

I cant edit but I did one math calcualtion wrong. Concnetration adds only half of waht it says to blessed ahmmer. Therefore the dmg he should be getting around 14k not 28k. Sorry for that lapse in memory.

its 6am here. Cant sleep but tired. Insomnia i guess. ANyway I dont duel often but bnet says its 1/4. The 1/2 is my stupid typo!! Anyhow how do you guys get 1/6????

Warning: When you go neutral with a player that has been hostile to you, this will not force them to become neutral with you. They will now be able to attack you and you will not be able to respond to their attacks until you go back to town and declare yourself hostile with that player again.

"When attacking other players, all damage of attacks and spells are cut in half. Minions do 1/4 damage except for Skeletons which do more damage. Some spells are special cased, such as Paladin Thorns, which will only do 1/10th the damage against other players. The duration of poison, cold, are not affected unless the player has equipment that relates to those elemental attacks. " at http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/pvp.shtml

EDIT: ALSt time then sleep. I ahve noticed buggy hammers though. Immm serious. Sometime my hammer hits and wounds a guy. How is that possible? Im at 11k and a freaking monster shouyld survive one hit cause the same mosnter type dies in 1 hit other times. Im thinking there is a direct hit clause the game takes into account when the hamemrs spiral. When tehy are spiraling towards you vs away. ALmost like how fissure works where certain areas get more exposure.

19. GIR

GIR Banned

Yeah, it was fixed in the 1.10 patch.

20. Kewk_LOC

Kewk_LOC IncGamers Member

There is no possible way the guy could have been legit with the information fenris provided about his gear, either fenris missed something or the new hex has arrived =P, or fenris got bored and felt like arguing so he made some bogus thread. :drool: