Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grats D2 for the win!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Inu, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Inu

Inu Banned

Grats D2 for the win!

03/26 D2 CHEATS SC OUT OF WIN PaTRiOT(R)

As you have heard, a D2 site admin ran a voting bot during the final hours of the Title Fight vote and helped a losing D2 defeat SC.

It was blatant cheating and the admin even had the nerve to post and brag about it o*n his websites forums.

The SC community is not going to be pushed around and robbed of the title they deserve.

By replying to this topic, you demand that SC be given its rightful title. You also acknowledge that it was completely unfair for us legit SC and CS fans to have taken the time to go and vote, o*nly to be defeated by an illegal bot.

If something is not done within a reasonable amount of time, or no word is given about this situation, the GameSpy Title Fight admins will be receiving quite a lot of emails regarding their horrible mistake.

Reply to this post in your support for SC.
    Full Details

VIEW OLDER WGTOUR INTERVIEW NEWS

Edit this news | Translate this news

Woopdedoo ;/ Great win ;/ Which forum was it by the way?

2. might

might IncGamers Member

Well it seems d2 did win legitimately.

3. j_vellinne

j_vellinne IncGamers Member

Ooh, you were "robbed" of something on a website. Do you get any money out of it? No. Do you (well, Blizzard) get more sales out of it? No. Does it make one damn bit of difference anywhere but in this popularity contest? Nope.

Find something that actually makes a difference to complain about, not that "their pixels beat our pixels!"

4. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

But our pixels did beat their pixels. Come on guys, let's celebrate! We beat out the SC fan base! :drink:

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

I am sorry guys...I used maphack to find my way and cast my vote.

Oh the horror!

6. Jaster83

Jaster83 IncGamers Member

lol, that was a tough decision for me, even though I'm a die-hard lod fan. I started playing online games with sc, and played that for 2 years, then i went to cs from beta 5.2 to 7.0 then d2 lod
    all three of those games are all my favorites, but i ended up voting for d2 just cuz that's what i went there to vote for, without realizing it was going up against sc and cs.

7. Saytan

Saytan IncGamers Member

Who cares if it won or lost, not one single one of those contests on the Gamespy and Gamespot sites has been "legit" as you can vote for a single choice as many times as you want.

8. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Its not our fault that we have dedicated fans who run and support a great website like this.

9. agnickolov

agnickolov IncGamers Member

Man, you are gullible! StarCraft lost in a legitimate poll, the hack attempt was only an attempt (well, it did produce the usual result - horrendous lag...).

There's a losers' contest running over the weekend. Not related to the main competition, but if you like - go vote for StarCraft. Personally, I voted for Tie Figther as the only game of my favorites to not reach the finals. It'll be blasted, but this is for fun :)...

10. Flux

Flux Administrator

This quote from the Gamespy guy seems to end the discussion, at least for all sensible people. Not that people who care enough about a computer game to post about it online, and then complain bitterly when it doesn't win are often referred to as sensible. But the controversy was enjoyable while it lasted. The best email I received on the subject?

I love that sort of thing, and only wish we got more flames just like it. It's the thing I miss most about no longer doing my Decahedron columns, really.

11. Gul'Dan

Gul'Dan IncGamers Member

No you can't... try it and you will see the counts won't go up.

12. cynicalcat1

cynicalcat1 IncGamers Member

oh boo hoo diablo is better anyways.hey my second post.

13. Syvis

Syvis IncGamers Member

Exactly. This vote was made for Us people since i doubt that many asians or europeans (me) did even know that there was this voting going on. It would be better a global vote if you want to know which is the "best" game ever.

14. piggiz

piggiz IncGamers Member

I have casted my vote for D2 due to its enormous expansion that the developers have placed their effort in. Although SC fares better in terms of team balancing & fairness than D2, I casted my vote based on the expansion and enhancement provided by the D2 Developers team. They have been trying to get the game moving and satisfying the players call.

Three cheers for D2 in winning!

15. piggiz

piggiz IncGamers Member

By posting in D2 forum, you're whining and apparently a sore loser. As much as i know, D2 fans have also been playing CS and SC too.

16. Inu

Inu Banned

Ilvy(X)

Admin (2097 wp)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Plz read this thread on Starcraft Legacy

there is the proof posted that Diabolo-community cheated out SC.

XG3 mailed them about, but he got answer that a bot doesnt work and d2 won legitimately, but they don´t have a security measures to prevent dynamic ip voting.
    He asked me to support him by not posting any gamspy news from now on.

I think since they cheated out BW-community they don´t deserve anything from us anymore and i would be with XG3.

:/

1410)Ilintar(X)

Admin (1752 wp)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a lazy excuse. This is probably how it goes: they didn't log singular votes to "save database space", o*nly logged the total. They though it was safe, but deleting the cookies bypassed the mechanism. They won't admit it and since they have a schedule for the votes, they preferred to shut down the case quietly instead of repeating the vote which would mess up their voting schedule up.

I'm 100% for the boycott.

I don't think I'm allowed to post links so I'll remove a few letters so they don't work.

Diablo II Community Cheats to Win GameSpy Title Fight
    Posted by XG3 on Thursday, March 25 @ 17:24:05 EST

After reading several forum threads as well as receiving several emails, I have written the following email to GameSpy's Dave "Fargo" Kosak" with evidence that Diablo II cheated to win the contest by 300 votes:
    Here are links that prove Diablo II cheated:

From your own ForumPlanet: http://www.forumplanet.com/titlefight/****?fid=7205&tid=1320878&p=18

Screenshots from ************: http://www.teamareola.com/*****/viewtopic.php?p=63217#63217

Another ************ thread: http://www.************.com/*****/viewtopic.php?t=139242 or if it's taken down here are the screenshots: http://www.sclegacy.com/f******s/d2votingbot.zip

Note that the last one STATES that he got AT LEAST 500 votes using the bot. Starcraft lost by less than 500 votes so you need to do SOMETHING...either give Starcraft the win based on this proof or have a recount.

You really need to do something. Starcraft deserves the win. It was winning throughout the entire day and all of a sudden Diablo II caught up in a matter of hours due to this cheat and invalidated the entire point of the contest. Please respond and let me know what it is GameSpy is planning to do.

Jeff
    sclegacy.com

Those who care could check it out ;/

I did not lose sleep over it but arguing is fun and BW deserved the win. Pixel pawa ;C

The second link on SCLegacy shows screenshots of the bot and the code and proof of it working.

17. IfrIt

IfrIt Banned

IMO we should see this at a better way....SC didn't win and Diablo didn't win but Blizzard won and you should be happy for it...Who knows :scratch: ? Maybe because of wins like this one they'll do more games about the Diablo and SC series :worship:
    It would be nice.... :thumbsup:

18. Syvis

Syvis IncGamers Member

This is the place i would use word LOL, listen yourself whining... I just don't understand why is it so hard to some people to lose. And why does this sc deserves to win? It's a game like others in the tournament. If one game deserves to win that is FF7.

19. Inu

Inu Banned

Yeah, FF7 should win.. That game may not have robbed of as much time as BW or D2 but it's indeed the best game I've ever played...

Oh... And why it's so hard to lose? Because now there's dia-hard proof of a working script that was being used?

20. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

You guys really look after those things... come on.. I admin over 2500 pc's. Half of it, CAN have their own IP number for the outside world, rest by lan, so same ip for outside.
    SO i can vote about 1200 times, in 1 sec with a script.

Come on, this is just about to get some people on gamespy (that it still excist?)