Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

graphics of iron maiden?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Klapse, May 21, 2008.

1. Klapse

Klapse IncGamers Member

graphics of iron maiden?

How does the graphic of the curse iron maiden look?
    Is it a red'ish blur covering your character?
    thx in advance

2. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

Re: graphics of iron maiden?

[​IMG]

I did the stupid thing to go in CS with a perf griefed and an exiled smiter. BIG mistake.
    One OK and I killed myself.

Some parody ehh ... Griefed smiter is the strongest killer from all d2 game, but it takes only one OK to reduce it to silence. Uber meph, Uber Diablo, Uber Baal are like little childs in the face of a griefed exiled smiter.
    But comes that Ok , gives a IM curse and all ends there... such a pitty that CS runs can't be done by the strongest character from all characters in this game.

3. Klapse

Klapse IncGamers Member

i am fairly new to the game on a more serious level so u have to explain a bit. is it the white cphere around you, or is it the red icon on the nonsters?
    thx for helping

4. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

It's the red spikes above the skeletons heads.

As I said : Please don't think to throw an expert smiter in the middle of a mob that has a OK with IM curse in his hand. Unless you are a suicider.

5. Klapse

Klapse IncGamers Member

kk, thx for helping me

6. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

You want to get familiar with the noise IM casting makes as well, as a lot of the time you won't see the IM swirls before it's too late - especially problematic for your merc who may not be nearby/visible.

7. jgreg7

jgreg7 IncGamers Member

Here's a handy page with graphics of many curses, including IM. [Thanks to Thyiad!]

8. yuli

yuli IncGamers Member

a pala can use the cleansing aura to stongly reduce the infection time for him the and party.

edit sorry only works for poison not IM

9. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

In the case of IM, it takes around two frames to misclick and thus kill yourself with great efficiency, so curse reduction won't help much. (Fade does the same thing, btw).

What I usually do is close in on an OK, since they tend to only use decrepify then. Decrep has a short duration, and isn't very dangerous, so much better.

10. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

Quite exactly.
    Regulary 2 hits brings you down in the process of self-assassination. No time to think : OK spells IM on you ... less then a sec after you hit something ( no matter what ) and bam life goes down to less than 12% ... next hit is instant death.

If you have the insolance to go with a grief ( the most deadliest melee damaging weapon in all d2 game ) in front of a mob ruled by a OK, instant death comes from the first hit.

No spell, aura and other trick can unspell IM, which is one of the dangerous and deadly spell in all diablo 2 game ( if not No. 1 in deadlyness ).

Why Blizzarders thrown OKs in CS to eliminate the courage to do CS runs with smiter king, beats my imagination.

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Well, it's the very stronghold of hell... Did you expect a walk in the park for all and any characters?

12. Barabas

Barabas IncGamers Member

No, I expect that the same very stronghold of hell to be doable by the only character king that can bring down all 3 Ubers in less then 3 min.

Yes, I'd expected that the king of all characters from D2 to have the oportunity to prove his greatness without the menace of selfkillingness.

Din is the overpowered character from the game, but the smealot is the king.

13. muzzz

muzzz IncGamers Member

Because they don't want a single build dominating every possible arena in the game. They might not have done the best possible job at that. But I, for one, am pretty glad that the game offers some incentive to diversify.

Plus, as others have already pointed out, IM is only deadly if you're careless. With a little strategy and planning, it's hellishly annoying at worst.

14. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

*cough*Hammerdin*cough*

15. muzzz

muzzz IncGamers Member

I only do SP, mind you, but didn't those suck pretty hard against the ubers?

16. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Hammerdins can have a smite switch and kill ubers with little trouble. The miniubers are easily destroyed by hammers.

17. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

The thing with iron maiden is, that it is not balanced. I mean almost every Fantasy role playing game is dominated by casters.
    IM is a very good thing, it makes you think before you hit, every melee char has to be careful. The same curse should be there for casters. There is this curse, called blood mana, but it only kicks in if your mana pool is higher than your life pool, so you can easily aviod it.
    Imagine a baal run, where the minions curse "blood mana" from time to time, and the lamerdin in the middle immediately dies. THAT would be balanced.