Grape's Zod God Sept - Progress and theorycraft thread

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
No Zod God's blessing for this round until you go Nihla @T72on1 ! ;)

Though I understand that you try to achieve the best efficiency you can since you're fighting for the overall victory...

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
you can technically get a Medussa's on an Act III merc, though managing him to get hit might be harder

If you have enough of them lying around you can make Iron Golems out of them with Metalgrid. I know charged cast Iron Golems don't last across play sessions, but not sure if they persist across acts or not. If you just never close Diablo II until Mat, then you should be fine.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
That could be done I suppose. Relaying on merc for that is probably not something I'd do without testing it first. IGs sound very interesting, trying to play as long sessions as possible could partially solve that.

Next Jah:
Screenshot626.jpg
Okay that wouldn't have counted for the RFL round three. Still, my "warm-up top 5" was Ber Ber Jah Vex Ohm. Plus this extra Jah. Might be hard to beat but I'll try my best. :)

I have now more than enough runes for the next Zod God item, but these are already starting to burn my pockets... I've many, many things I could use these for right now.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes at the seventh item I'm slowly starting to feel I could maybe, just maybe, do something other with them besides putting a Zod into a Stormspike. o_O:rolleyes::D

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes at the seventh item I'm slowly starting to feel I could maybe, just maybe, do something other with them besides putting a Zod into a Stormspike. o_O:rolleyes::D
So the Zod god has a weakness? I see my chance of taking over the throne in a not so very far future hehe

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
So the Zod god has a weakness? I see my chance of taking over the throne in a not so very far future hehe
Putting that Zod into an eth Tomb Reaver's made me realize it's actually possible to put those into an unperfect items also... Dark side of the Zod God? Or just the luxury of being there so high above of the other candidates... ;)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I tried Medusa's on an act 3 merc on a single tree lightning sorc. Couldn't get it to work.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Adding this post here. So it seems I'll be able to finish this Sept with a Zod dropped in the game, who would've guessed :p

Also worth to leave my rune numbers right now:

Zod:1
Cham: 2
Jah: 3
Ber: 3

I'm going to pull the trigger with the 7th Zod God item sooner or later. It feels it doesn't make sense to start mindless farming to get something really suitable for the Amazon. If something cool drops later, I'm all ready to make a new character outside of this sept for that.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there any unique spear that is easy to get Eth and perfect roll? Hone Sundan only has a ED roll.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Is there any unique spear that is easy to get Eth and perfect roll? Hone Sundan only has a ED roll.
Well apart from couple normal ones that are always the same stats, no. I've perfect Razortine though but the damage is low.

Exceptionals don't have huge amount of variables, actually only one of them (Soulfeast tine) has more than ED% varying. The Impaler has ED varying between 140-170 %, so on average 1/31 of the is perfect. Taking 1/20 chance of eth, 1/620 of The Impalers drops eth and perfect. And The Impaler is the easiest of them...

So, nothing astronomical, but makes no sense to farm for those for the next 10 years and still fail.

I consider myself very lucky to have found this many eth and perfect items with variables, and that those items were useful as well. :)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
So, this happened some one and a half months ago. I have been thinking about the final build, and finally I feel like I've come to a decision. I'm going to squeeze the physical damage out of that little thing and then (as per usual) add something else to the mix. ;)

So, meet Whitney, lvl 41 Amazon who just finished Normal:
Screenshot825.jpg
She played as a Strafer for the last two acts. I started with some 'Envy' jeweled stuff and Khalim's, put 1.07 Ravenclaw on at level 15 which did the main killing during acts two and three. Had a rare bow on switch from level 18, and then Skystrike from level 28.

As you can see in the pic, I've enough dex for a Matriarchal Bow... now I'm going to swap some things which gives me a bit more strength, so that I'll be able to use my 'Harmony' MB for the whole NM. That will speed things up, I'm sure.

So, 95 acts done in this Sept, 10 remains!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Strafer with decent equipment is very strong in NM indeed. Add Vigor from 'Harmony' and the play-trough was quite fast despite playing P8 for the most of time. Lowed it somewhat in the end, but then I did some P8 Pindle runs and couple WSK+minions runs to get to level 76, when I was able to put my end game equipment on. Also, Cleglaw's Pincers are probably the best Strafer's gloves ever :D

Screenshot831.jpg
These are the first souls that start to hurt for real. Black Marsh earlier wasn't that rough, but around these some care and positioning yourself right was the key. And to always have some monsters with flesh to leech from :p

Screenshot832.jpg
Visited Snapchip, inspired by the recent discussion of its potential as an MF target.

Screenshot836.jpg
I like Strafe animation, it's wild when fast and there's monsters in many directions.

Screenshot837.jpg
Goodbye Harmony, welcome Stormspike!

Last edited:

Hookipa

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice write-up, you have come a long way since you started this epic adventure...
Best of luck with the 'last mile' and on planting the flag of the true Zod-God on Mt. Olympus when you Mat her!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice write-up, you have come a long way since you started this epic adventure...
Best of luck with the 'last mile' and on planting the flag of the true Zod-God on Mt. Olympus when you Mat her!
Thank you! It's been an interesting journey so far. Happy to end it though, I feel like I'd like to use my HRs to some different things, at least for a while now :)

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Looking forward to seeing the gear choices and how it differs (or doesn't) from my daggerzon, who was definitely one of the favorites from my 7x7+2 project. Good luck Mat'ing her!

Last edited:

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Looking forward to seeing the gear choices and how it differs (or doesn't) from my daggerzon, who was definitely one of the favorites from my 7x7+2 project. Good luck Mat'ing her!
I'd say these two share quite a few key pieces ;)

@Gripphon – now is the time to post your completed Zod God sept!
Oh I remember this theory! Conspiracy even!

I bet Grip has been tagged so many times during his absence that now when he tries to log in there follows some kind of an error :p

Has anyone been in contact with Grip anyway? Guy just left suddenly.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I think he mentioned playing another game instead of D2. Not sure if he has done so in the past while still visiting this place or not. Even when playing other games, I keep coming back here (and to the AB for that matter), so I also found it strange he just left so suddenly.