Grape's Zod God Sept - Progress and theorycraft thread

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
It just doesn't stop...
Screenshot215.jpg
I'm starting to put quite a haul together for this last level, and it's far from end.

Also, not related to Zod God, but these things I appreciate more than any HRs:

Natural Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xd2f8a24b
Item Level: 84
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+1 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+32 to Life

Natural GCs now make my best skiller set.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
First Travi run yesterday:
Screenshot222.jpg
+Add to that those three Surs that I haven't been counting since I made those weapons for Freddie. I was following only my current Travi runner's stash and Nihlathak runner's stash. Then I checked my Flavie report in anticipation of MFO, an voila! Total of four Surs instead of one, they were there, in a higher rune stash like they were supposed to, lol.

So, if I used some Los I could already make the last item! I will wait however, you never know what drops during the MFO... but it feels pretty good anyway! Knowing that the grind for runes is over and I can start to use those to some other, normal, things as well :p

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm back to square one with the seventh Zod God item.

I used my HRs for something else, something special I may add. I'll post about that later.

This could be good, let's hope I find something truly worth of Zod for the Zon. I wouldn't say no to actually finding a Zod either!

Freddie the cold enchanted Double Swinger also made little progress, he has now reached Lower Kurast.

EDIT: Here it is. I think you can appreciate ;) I though about opening a new IFT for a while, but I'll save that for something even more extraordinary, if that ever happens.

Last edited:

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Long time no Zod God.

Screenshot563.jpg
Freddie the cold-blooded Double Swinger finished Act III earlier today and has now reached RoF WP. Not much to tell, progress isn't super fast, but steady nonetheless.

I'd be slightly mad if I hadn't done my Assassin for this sept already:
Screenshot522.jpg
9% Life stolen would be perfect... (ED% varies between 150-200).

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Just to be clear, all rolls must be perfect in order to be considered Zod God worthy? I have a Demon limb with 1 fire res short to be perfect :/

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
First post updated with Freddie's Patriarch thread. Rune count updated with RFL round 1 (Ber), and these drops. RFL round two will bring me a massive amount of Pul runes, so I'll update those soon enough as well... ;)

So now it's only Amazon left. I have tried couple armor upgrades lately, but without luck of hitting that perfect defense.

The first post lists these as my current candidates: Gull, The Diggler, Stormspike or Blackbog's Sharp /Messerschmidt's Reaver/Razorstine... not particularly excited about any of those. Maybe I need to get creative again... plain passive zon with Messerschmidt's Reaver for example would work I'm sure but, but... I need to add something to make it worth the final character! Or better yet, find a more exciting Zod God item!

Let's see! ANY ideas are definitely welcome at this point!

Just to be clear, all rolls must be perfect in order to be considered Zod God worthy? I have a Demon limb with 1 fire res short to be perfect :/
Seems I didn't answer this, sorry. Yes, every variable has to be perfect! (And only self-found items count, for that matter).

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Seems I didn't answer this, sorry. Yes, every variable has to be perfect! (And only self-found items count, for that matter).
Thanks for reply! Well that seals the deal then, my Zod goes into eBotD (mainstream :( )

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't worry, I put my first Zod into a BotD also ;)

Those have probably more uses than most of the Zod God items. (Though I really have to use my Ribcracker again!!)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
You need 7 Zod God items to become the Zod God at the moment! It's a long way to those cinema tickets :D

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
You need 7 Zod God items to become the Zod God at the moment! It's a long way to those cinema tickets :D
Only some 37.5 hours of cows for me to get the Zods, so that is easy enough. In the same vein, getting perfect eth uniques should only take me 2 or 3 MFOs, no?

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Only some 37.5 hours of cows for me to get the Zods, so that is easy enough. In the same vein, getting perfect eth uniques should only take me 2 or 3 MFOs, no?
With this latest phenomenon of the Zods pouring down from the sky, people running for multiple 99ers etc, I'm indeed almost slightly worried :p

Seriously though, would be awesome to see some more Zod God items. It's just that the perfect eth AND usable items are quite rare...

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Idea: Fendazon with the Razortine and the Disciple set.

You could max the elemental damage charms and go with Infinity merc, or go with Ice wielding Fire Rogue. Fend will be a tad slow and lower damage, sure, but she could hit 7/6/10 with only 2 ias jewels, and 7/6/9 with a 2os helm for 3 ias jewels. And Impale can be a backup for high-life single targets because you don't need to worry about durability.

And you could name her DiscipleofZod . . .

Last edited:

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Usable is a matter of taste :D
Agreed! :p

Idea: Fendazon with the Razortine and the Disciple set.

You could max the elemental damage charms and go with Infinity merc, or go with Ice wielding Fire Rogue. Fend will be a tad slow and lower damage, sure, but she could hit 7/6/10 with only 2 ias jewels, and 7/6/9 with a 2os helm for 3 ias jewels. And Impale can be a backup for high-life single targets because you don't need to worry about durability.

And you could name her DiscipleofZod . . .
That's interesting! Razortine does achieve ok speed, true. Makes me think should I use one of the less used lightning based skills with it and add that Impale backup... but from switch ;)

Unfortunately Infinity will be out for her, since I noticed all my mercs have used different weapons so far! I will keep up with that theme... and actually all except A3 mercs have been used so far.

I'd vote for Dual Dream, Stormspike Dagger Zon with Blackbog's/Medussa's Gaze on switch for LIs

Make sure you Zod both Daggers though
Dual Dream Stormspiker? I like the sound of that! Medusa's is intriguing, but only slightly. It's a shame they put it in the heaviest shield, and I'd like to have the chance to cast a bit higher as well. One could always throw couple volleys of strafe with Pus Spitter to have the Lower Res out as well, hmm.

Anyway, you guys definitely put my thoughts back on track, and I'm sure we will see something creative. I still hope to see more Zod God candidates to drop, so holding at least over RFL, probably longer. Maybe a "short" MF project or something would be in order?

Rune-wise... I'm ready. First page updated with the RFL round three plus yet another HR from Nihlathak running:
Screenshot624.jpg