Grape's Zod God Sept - Progress and theorycraft thread

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
That is a sight I have been longing for
Screenshot1807.jpg
Damn. I can now make the next one and still have a Jah worth of runes left. I said I'd like to keep all the runes from RFL until it has ended, but now that this situation becomes reality. I don't know. I really would like to go and swing that Hellslayer already!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, things have been happening faster than I have been updating this.

In order: after that Cham there was an RFL round two -- only a Sur there.. then I found a Jah from Cows. Now, after the RFL was over, I used two Jahs and one Cham for the next item (Hellslayer), leaving me with one Jah, one Ber and three Surs.

Trying out my Blizzer's new goldfinding setup, I got already a big leap towards the next item, whatever that shall be:
Screenshot071.jpg
One Jah to go, or a combination of Surs and Bers!

First post is updated now: there's a link to Donna's mat thread and to Zod God post about Hellslayer, and runecount is up to date now.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Janis started her Hell adventures for real. I think I'm going to take a little time to level (probably in the Pits), to take better advantage of Hellslayer's +Str, +Vita and +ED% that are scaling up based on character level.

Didn't remember Pride has a ctc Firewall, so I was quite surprised to see it at first. Looks funny at times:
Screenshot069.jpg

I'm expecting to be able to make the next item within some weeks, should be doable even with moderate amount of Travi running now.

The original plan was to make a Leap Attack Barb with this:
Code:
Bloodtree Stump
Ogre Maul
Two Hand Damage: 368 - 508
Durability: 38 of 100
Required Level: 58
Required Strength: 215
Fingerprint: 0xf814dcdc
Item Level: 59
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)
220% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
+3 to Mace Mastery (Barbarian Only)
+25 to Strength
All Resistances +20
Required Level +7
+40 Maximum Durability
Ethereal
But I'm all open for suggestions. Another option I've been toying with now (thanks to @T72on1 mentioning it in the Zod God thread) is a Double Swing Barbarian with for example Baranar's Star + something. That something could be some Ctc effects, or just heavy hitter etc. Baranar's comes with elemental damage, so I could emphasize that and pair it with 'Famine', as that is something I'll have to do for runeword grail anyway! Intriguing, but needs one Jah more, then :p

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Lem + Ko theorycrafting part z
Code:
The Centurion
Scarab Husk
Defense: 625
Durability: 24 of 28
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 85
Fingerprint: 0x196ea69a
Item Level: 94
+50 to Attack Rating
+30 Defense
+15 to Life
Replenish Life +5
+15 to Mana
+15 Maximum Stamina
25% Slower Stamina Drain
Damage Reduced by 2
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Wormskull
Bone Visage
Defense: 184
Durability: 39 of 40
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 96
Fingerprint: 0xe77a0b0d
+1 to Necromancer Skill Levels
Adds 80 Poison Damage Over 8 Secs (200 Frames)
5% Life stolen per hit
+10 to Mana
Poison Resist +25%
Required Level +12
Ethereal
There were two of them both. Not that I'm even sure I'd have wanted to use either. Would be still nice to get one perfect armor too.

Janis has done few P3 Pit runs now, and that is where she will spend some time now.
Screenshot077.jpg
As fragile as she is, CoS and occasional MB take care of most, if not all problems. She herself grows little bit stronger with levels, but more importantly, I want to get Chalan to a bit higher levels. I'm not using BO, so those levels are warmly welcome as they will make him a lot sturdier.

As the next Zod God item might be just around the corner, let us welcome the character number six of the Sept
Screenshot080.jpg
Freddie is Double Swinging his Death set's swords somewhere in the Normal Act III jungles. Final build is yet to be decided, but it might be Double Swing indeed. With a twist, as usual, if I can help that!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
@DiabloTwoinDC you got the names right!

It all started with Lemmy, whom I started right after Lemmy Kilmister (from Motörhead) died at the end of 2015.

Soon David Bowie passed away, and I couldn't help but make a tribute to him too. Then I started to ponder with an idea about a Zod God sept, and to make the rest of the names match too, I picked singers that were dead. Some of the mat/pat threads have even some lame references. :p

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Zod God item number six is getting closer and closer:
Screenshot082.jpg
One Sur to go! Or, as a matter of fact I could make it if I used couple of Lo runes, but this time I'll save them for whatever other purposes.

Freddie has been furiously swinging to be ready on time whenever it comes
Screenshot083.jpg
Normal Diablo says "puff", and he's no more. Dual 'Honor' Dimensional Blades.

Screenshot088.jpg
That Blizzard is from Snowclash. Dual upgraded Sureshrill Frosts. :cool:

I have started to put together all sort of gear and charms with cold damage. Last summer I did a 3FPA Wolfbarb who had all kinds of elemental damage and it worked really well. What if I chose just one this time and tried to take it as far as I could? Practical? Probably not the most rational thing to do, but hey, it's something different. Idea is to Double Swing at the maximum speed with decent physical damage and cold damage that is at least enough to take down the PIs along the way, and act as a way of crowd control as well. I still need to check do I need Faith merc for that, or would one point Frenzy be a better choice for getting that speed up.

As for what thing to Zod for that, I was leaning towards Baranar's Star. Taking another look at the stats, I noticed it does have one variable stat after all: "Adds 1-200 Cold Damage, Duration 0-7 sec" That duration varies. Well, the damage is the same and all, but one could argue that mine is not perfect with the duration of 4 seconds.

Whatever the consensus about that would be, I will not Zod it now, I don't want to be even little bit unsure that did I do a right thing about it.

My number one candidate is now:
Code:
Earthshaker
Legendary Mallet
One Hand Damage: 210 - 254
Durability: 32 of 115
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 179
Fingerprint: 0x26e1332e
5% Chance to cast level 7 Fissure on striking
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
+30% Increased Attack Speed
180% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Hit Blinds Target +1
Knockback
Required Level +7
+50 Maximum Durability
Ethereal
All it lacks is some cold damage to fit the build even better, but otherwise it should work. I even tried 'Black' Knout for a while now to see what I feel about the knockback, and it's fine. It should useful in Hell, I think.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd go with the Baranar's. Cool weapon, and it fits the build much better. Who cares about duration anyway ...

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Strange thing is that AS doesn't state 'varies' after the Baranar's cold duration stat, where it usually does when a stat can be variable. It does so for another item with variable cold duration: The Eye of Etlich. Are you sure the stat isn't fixed?

Edit: checking my stash, it seems that GoMule is stating the 7 or so Baranar's with different cold length duration, so I'm afraid it could be just something that has been forgotten on the AS page.

@Grape I happen to have a perfect eth Baranar's:

Code:
Baranar's Star
Devil Star
One Hand Damage: 192 - 237
Durability: 137 of 137
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 143
Required Dexterity: 34
Fingerprint: 0x92bbe02c
Item Level: **
+50% Increased Attack Speed
200% Enhanced Damage
200% Bonus to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 1 - 200 Fire Damage
Adds 1 - 200 Lightning Damage
Adds 1 - 200 Cold Damage Over 7 Secs (180 Frames)
+15 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
+100 Maximum Durability
Ethereal
I would love to donate that one to you if it could help you.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
@Brak haha, they worked pretty ok actually! Nothing like a dual Oath would be or something like that ofc, but I was able to mow my way through NM Acts 1-3 with P8 without any problems. Sureshrills FTW!

Inventory full of cold dmg SCs, Duress Dusk Shroud, 2 x Raven Frost, The Eye of Etlich, Frostburn and a Vampire Gaze to underline my theme :p

@T72on1 I'm not so worried about the weapon thing, I believe Earthshaker will fit very nicely with it's blinding, and the physical damage is rather nice. And if I make 'Famine' to go with it, I can swing with two Legendary Mallets, yay!

You've got a nice Baranar's Star there yourself, not the worst thing to start your Zod God grail with! ;)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Since Janis and Donna got some special gear just for them, how could I leave Freddie without?

As long as there's some cold damage in it, I'll take it!
Screenshot094.jpg
:p

Screenshot095.jpg

Code:
Jeweler's Gothic Plate of the Whale
Gothic Plate
Defense: 128
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0x97dd2af5
Item Level: 99
138% Enhanced Damage
Adds 14 - 41 Cold Damage Over 8 Secs (200 Frames)
+81 to Life
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of the Glacier
Socketed: Ruby Jewel of Frigidity

Ruby Jewel of the Glacier
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x1be6f794
Item Level: **
34% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 11 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Ruby Jewel of Frigidity
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x2da54ae5
Item Level: 85
35% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 4 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x5cae864b
Item Level: 80
36% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4 - 14 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x6b0643b8
33% Enhanced Damage
Adds 4 - 12 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Giant Skull
Bone Visage
Defense: 411
Durability: 26 of 40
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x5a55a638
36% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 - 44 Fire Damage
Adds 1 - 73 Lightning Damage
Adds 5 - 15 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
Knockback
+266 Defense
+35 to Strength
21% Extra Gold from Monsters
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Blood Heart
Socketed: Doom Gyre

Blood Heart
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x6622bc21
Item Level: 80
29% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 - 44 Fire Damage
Adds 2 - 9 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)

Doom Gyre
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0xb1eea894
7% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 73 Lightning Damage
Adds 3 - 6 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
21% Extra Gold from Monsters
I leveled from 65 to 68 using two Baranar's stars. I'd definitely have enjoyed eth and perfect one, but after testing some runs with Earthshaker I know it's going to be fun and good!

Now back to Janis and also Travi + CS runs. Most likely going to grind that one Jah more so that I can make Famine for Freddie.

Yann

Diabloii.Net Member
I bet they are very seriously ordered within each charm skin, which can make ordering pretty complex (I know I do it), resulting in sometimes having to reorganize everything just because of 1 new charm...