Grape's Zod God Sept - Progress and theorycraft thread

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Do you have a public version of your to-do list? Or is there a wider forum version of such a thing? Hopefully there is a master list, or we could maybe make one. Showing all the accomplished goals, and various pipe dreams :)
Main goals were achieved with a 99lvl characeter and finding the full Grail. :)

Now that to-do list is more of a mental list of all the various characters I'd like to play the game through with. Sometimes I write lists of char ideas down, but nothing official. Going with the flow. I have some other sept ideas also besides this, but only time will tell if I'm up to actually do them.

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
the fact you have more than 1 zod, AND planning for more is a little crazy compared to when 1.10 first came out and how rare things were before the drop rates changed and chest farming took off.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, yes. This sept would be next to impossible in earlier versions.

Takes enough time to gather the runes as it is now... :p

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Got back on track with finding HRs, so it was time to proceed with Donna...

Screenshot1699.jpg
*Slashs enough for few Hydras and backs off* Waiting for merc to proc Confuse... *pic* Let's Static some! My physical damage is rather weak, so strong merc is important for this build from time to time.

Screenshot1703.jpg
Confuse from Delirium is wonderful to have around in crowded places. Not that those hurt me much with the PDR Donna has.

Screenshot1704.jpg
Duriel was a total pushover. I even chucked couple of Thawing potions before entering the Chamber. That wan't necessarily a must :p

Screenshot1707.jpg
There's a clear difference in my killing speed against enemies with high FR (those that Infinity could still break immunity from), and those with low FR under Conviction. Those Flame dudes could take some hits before going down. Needed to tele a bit further away before things got out of control.

Screenshot1708.jpg
Doll vs Dolls?

Screenshot1711.jpg
Almost. I was not fast enough. Generally speaking, Delirium's ctc Delirium (morph) hasn't been bothering me much.

Screenshot1713.jpg
I was brave and fought there for quite long myself, but after good amount of Rejuvs, I backed and let the merc finish the job. We made it alive. Teleport is great when Donna or Alhizeer needs some fresh air and/or some health back.

Screenshot1714.jpg
DoH levels didn't offer any real threats. Alhizeer took care of the Doll boss packs we met. I tried to avoid the poison clouds mummies leave after death (poison res is negative, so is cold...). Mephisto dropped real fast to our red and hot ethereal weapons.

Only two acts to go, then! That shouldn't take too long.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Four more armor tries:
Code:
Darkglow
Diamond Mail
Defense: 1398
Durability: 14 of 26
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 121
Fingerprint: 0xe0079062
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+20 to Attack Rating
+100% Enhanced Defense
+50 Defense vs. Melee
+5% to Maximum Poison Resist
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
+5% to Maximum Fire Resist
All Resistances +10
+3 to Light Radius
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Venom Ward
Great Hauberk
Defense: 1250
Durability: 34 of 50
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 108
Fingerprint: 0xabfa68a1
+90% Enhanced Defense
+15% to Maximum Poison Resist
Poison Resist +90%
Poison Length Reduced by 50%
+2 to Light Radius
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Hawkmail
Loricated Mail
Defense: 1197
Durability: 18 of 36
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 139
Fingerprint: 0x29416cbc
Item Level: 59
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+90% Enhanced Defense
+15% to Maximum Cold Resist
Cold Resist +15%
Cannot Be Frozen
Required Level +12
Ethereal

The Face of Horror
Demonhead
Defense: 196
Durability: 12 of 20
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 92
Fingerprint: 0x94a610e4
+50% Damage to Undead
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 50%
+25 Defense
+20 to Strength
All Resistances +10
Required Level +12
Ethereal
4 x hit & 4 x miss. It is clear that it will take me more time to farm enough Lem and Ko runes for the full Zod God grail than the Zods themself ;)

I'm confident that I can make my next Zod God item after the RFL. To avoid suspicion about my rune finds I started the next character already (contrast to starting her right after finishing the first batch of 20h before the end of the first RFL round :D )

So, meet Janis, Titan max damage Tiger Striker:

Screenshot1721.jpg

She's going to be all about showing off those ridiculous LCS damage numbers. Every detail of the build is not yet decided, but Hellslayer would be the end-game weapon, though. I will post entries from her as the dmg numbers increase little by little ("little?").

I'll probably switch to two handers when I can top this little beast of mine:
Code:
Gemmed Superior War Axe
Superior War Axe
One Hand Damage: 18 - 80
Durability: 5 of 26
Required Level: 9
Required Strength: 57
Fingerprint: 0x89174022
Item Level: 85
56% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Minimum Damage
+52 to Maximum Damage
+31 to Attack Rating
+3 to Life
Cold Resist +6%
Fire Resist +12%
Requirements -15%
6 Sockets (6 used)
Socketed: Storm Whorl
Socketed: Rune Eye
Socketed: Cinnabar Jewel of Wrath
Socketed: Dread Heart
Socketed: Bone Heart
Socketed: Bitter Whorl

Storm Whorl
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x1057d4a
5% Enhanced Damage
+12 to Maximum Damage

Rune Eye
Jewel
Required Level: 8
Fingerprint: 0xc871507c
10% Enhanced Damage
+8 to Maximum Damage
+3 to Life

Cinnabar Jewel of Wrath
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0x8ebb1ac4
Item Level: 80
9% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Maximum Damage

Dread Heart
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xb986b8b4
+9 to Maximum Damage
Fire Resist +12%
Requirements -15%

Bone Heart
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xb7f36f4b
Item Level: 22
+10 to Maximum Damage
+31 to Attack Rating
Cold Resist +6%

Bitter Whorl
Jewel
Fingerprint: 0xd4dac07d
19% Enhanced Damage
Adds 3 - 4 Damage

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds cool. By max dam Tiger Striker, what build do you mean exactly? If you want really high LCS numbers, pick DTail as finisher. Crazy numbers floating around in that case. And a very fun build too ! I did one in SP years ago, which was very, very strong, but even now in our group game at the Basin, where I'm currently doing one untwinked HC, it kills really good in 6 player games.

Good luck !!!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds cool. By max dam Tiger Striker, what build do you mean exactly? If you want really high LCS numbers, pick DTail as finisher. Crazy numbers floating around in that case. And a very fun build too ! I did one in SP years ago, which was very, very strong, but even now in our group game at the Basin, where I'm currently doing one untwinked HC, it kills really good in 6 player games.

Good luck !!!
Thanks!

I'm trying out normal attack as my finisher. Something along the lines with @maxicek 's Ultima for example. Not sure am I going Fishysin route (Death Sentry as a second means of dmg) or something else. I'll think about that while playing.

If/when I do Dtailer I think I'd like to go with either 'Lawbringer' or maybe Lacerator as a weapon to counter immunity problems before landing the hit. :)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm yeah, I was too quick replying there. Hellslayer wouldn't be a good DTail weapon by any means. I guess I just saw 'high damage numbers' and immediately had to post DTail :oops:.

Death Sentry is so cheesy ... go without it ;). If you don't know where to put your points, just grab a maxed SW or SM.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes. Could be nice to try to avoid DS for now, and if I wanted to re-visit Tiger Striker I could do a quick Fishysin then with more balanced stats for example :p

SW or SM is an option, indeed.

Edit:
Might as well post these as I just finished Act I with Janis:
Screenshot1724.jpg
Collecting plain Jewels of Carnage pays off: matching jewels <3 :p

Screenshot1725.jpg
That damage should be enough. I'm using life/res SCs, btw. Next weapon upgrade is most likely an 'Honor' Martel de Fer at level 27.

Last edited:

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Couple more armor tries:
Code:
Coif of Glory
Armet
Defense: 170
Durability: 22 of 24
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 99
Fingerprint: 0x1a0c2fc
Hit Blinds Target +1
+10 Defense
+100 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +15%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 7
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Coif of Glory
Armet
Defense: 172
Durability: 19 of 24
Required Strength: 99
Fingerprint: 0xff1db875
Item Level: 94
Hit Blinds Target +1
+10 Defense
+100 Defense vs. Missile
Lightning Resist +15%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 7
Required Level +12
Ethereal
Janis made a quick work of Act III, as I spurted through it with /players 1.
Screenshot1728.jpg
Mephisto happened to have a Combat shrine next to him. He was dead before he knew it.

Screenshot1729.jpg
Few Travi runs later I could equip my 'Honor' Martel. Damage should be sufficient for normal Act IV, to say the least.

Now I'm thinking when I'd like to upgrade my weapon. Would be funny to use something unusual for NM. Let's see.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Donna made it to Hell Act V yesterday. While I could finish her quest tonight, I'd rather leave it to a time when I'm not in a hurry. So, probably between RFL rounds then. Should be more fun to enjoy the last act by actually playing there for some time instead of rushing through it. :)

Janis is also eagerly waiting for a suitable time to play through the NM. Last time we took a look at her when she was smashing in Travincal with some overpowered damage. Since then she has gained some levels and finished normal. She also traded some damage away in order to be able to wear something I've never played with.

Screenshot1732.jpg
She is wearing a full Hwanin's Majesty set. It offers some resistances, defense, great life leech, couple skills and some FRW, among some minor adds. So all in all, quite well suited set for my current needs. Sure there is weapons with a lot more damage potential, but I think we will see enough of those cute numbers later...

I also did some more armor tries. Twitchthroe would be a really nice catch, but no luck yet.
Code:
Twitchthroe
Wire Fleece
Defense: 689
Durability: 31 of 32
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 101
Fingerprint: 0x7dadad21
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Increased Chance of Blocking
+25 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
Required Level +12
Ethereal 

Howltusk
Spired Helm
Defense: 345
Durability: 37 of 40
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 182
Fingerprint: 0xd88ba447
Item Level: 49
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Knockback
+80% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
35% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Required Level +12
Ethereal 

Howltusk
Spired Helm
Defense: 374
Durability: 21 of 40
Fingerprint: 0x43e71e0b
Item Level: 94
Knockback
+80% Enhanced Defense
Required Level +12
Ethereal 

Howltusk
Spired Helm
Defense: 361
Durability: 26 of 40
Fingerprint: 0x662144e4
Knockback
+80% Enhanced Defense
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Howltusk
Spired Helm
Defense: 331
Durability: 30 of 40
Fingerprint: 0x139072cc
Knockback
+80% Enhanced Defense
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Might need to rename this thread into the Ko Lem God threory crafting thread

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Might need to rename this thread into the Ko Lem God threory crafting thread
Haha, true!

I just checked and I can say I'm not running out of Lem and Ko runes any time soon. Finding more stuff for upgrading slows me down, though.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Janis has finished NM. She ditched the Hwanin's set when reaching the first WP at Act V. Then she ran Eldritch and the co. for some levels. Being Titan hasn't bothered her yet, and the first place I needed to take it little more carefully was the Chaos Sanctuary. Hwanin's served her really well for the NM. She has also got some more company in the form of Shadow Master, which I'm now pumping more levels into.

She equipped some of her end game gear along with ethereal 'Oath' Feral Axe for the rest of NM. Mercenary equipped 'Pride' after Baal was done. Oh boy:
Screenshot1789.jpg
She has used the same SCs (single res/life ones) since normal Act II or so. Time to re-balance those for the Hell. We need a lot more AR at least. Having fire and lightning res at positive would be nice :p I'm trying to go as much "all in" for the LCS dmg numbers as I can, but I want to keep the playability somewhat good also. I will most likely use Enchant from Demon Limb to hep me some.

Since no secondary attack and no Reaper's on merc, there might some problems with PIs in Hell. Shadow can do something, but she's probably not too reliable. I think I'll try this as a solution:
Code:
Lawbringer
Legendary Mallet
AmnLemKo
One Hand Damage: 75 - 91
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 179
Fingerprint: 0xbc4c2735
20% Chance to cast level 15 Decrepify on striking
Level 16 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
-50% Target Defense
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 150 - 210 Fire Damage
Adds 130 - 180 Cold Damage Over 7 Secs (165 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
Slain Monsters Rest in Peace
+223 Defense vs. Missile
+10 to Dexterity
75% Extra Gold from Monsters
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Lem Rune
Socketed: Ko Rune
Idea is to shoot Blade Fury with that when needed.

Now I just need to farm that Zod for the Hellslayer between the RFL rounds. I try my best to keep my RFL runes away from this until it has ended, so I can make some pretty haulpics or something.

This is a start (with the one Ber already) I guess:
Screenshot1778.jpg

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Screenshot1795.jpg
Runecount: one Ber, two Surs. That equals one Jah, and that is 1/4 Zod already. Almost there :p

Tinkered around with Janis' equipment before leaving her waiting for that Zod. This is how her Hell stats are looking now:
Screenshot1794.jpg
Nice surprise with the all positive resists and 80LR! She wears Hellslayer in that picture, and has cast Enchant. No BO, and I think she will reach +1k life without it, so probably won't bother to carry CtA around. I'd still like to have a higher AR and that's what this is for:

Screenshot1796.jpg
Donna got herself a nice piece of headgear, so why wouldn't Janis too? Visionary helps some with that AR, and CoS will help some more. I'll see if I can swap 1-2 resist charms for steel of something.

One week left for finishing Donna's Act V and farming moar runez. Then it's Travi time for the RFL round two. :)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, that Coronet !!!
Joys of gambling ;) Fills in very nicely some needs of this character. The Jewel in it is a 38ED/9Str btw.

If only it wasn't for the much needed AR, I could've used my Kenshi's Coronet of Atlas (3MA & 27 Strength, 2 sockets via Larzuk)... maybe I'll use it with Ruby Jewels for some kind of "max dmg screenshot" or something :p

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Question, at the end of this, I hope you get 7 PCs that can play D2, and have all of the sept in the same game. Get 6 of your closest friends, and see how quick you can full clear ALL of hell :D

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Question, at the end of this, I hope you get 7 PCs that can play D2, and have all of the sept in the same game. Get 6 of your closest friends, and see how quick you can full clear ALL of hell :D
Lol, that sounds fun! Few of them played D2 at its prime time, but others... there could be a lot of dying around with some of these Titan characters at least :D

First post updated with two Jahs from RFL round 1. I'm now basically one Jah away from next item. So that won't be a problem with two round of RFL left. But can I work enough runes for two items?

Meanwhile Janis got her another sweet piece of headgear:
Screenshot1806.jpg
I gave up some resistances but gained more damage and AR. A fair trade. This was achieved mostly thanks to Hsaru's combo. But I'll keep the rare Visionary coronet as well. I have Gore Riders stashed, cause I think I may want to kick some Baals face a little bit before giving him those Tiger Strikes. I'll then need that circlet. And maybe around gloams (although CoS helps a lot).

Code:
Kenshi's Coronet of Atlas
Coronet
Defense: 37
Durability: 29 of 30
Fingerprint: 0xd0088852
Item Level: 96
+3 to Martial Art Skills (Assassin Only)
55% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+27 to Strength
Cold Resist +13%
All Resistances +11
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Bitter Talisman
Socketed: Death Gyre

Bitter Talisman
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x73efb93c
25% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Strength
Cold Resist +18%
Lightning Resist +5%
Fire Resist +5%
Poison Resist +5%

Death Gyre
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0xc6150e8b
Item Level: 86
30% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
Cold Resist +6%
Lightning Resist +6%
Fire Resist +6%
Poison Resist +6%