Grape's Zod God Sept - Progress and theorycraft thread

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
You'll get there one day!

And who knows how much the remaining three will take me. No top high runes left anymore...

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Donna finished NM yesterday and moved to the Hell at a relatively low level of 65. She then went to throwing Fireballs to the Mausoleum for a 11 levels, so that she could equip her final weapon. I have a strong-ish FB because I maxed it. Not only because it is a faster leveling skill than the Enchant, but because it is a synergy for the Hydra. All have been done according to my end build.

I used the Sur posted earlier in this thread for Donna, there went that 1/16 Zod!

Code:
Dragon
Troll Nest
SurLoSol
Defense: 531
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 69 of 74
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0xa64af640
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
20% Chance to cast level 18 Venom when struck
12% Chance to cast level 15 Hydra on striking
Level 14 Holy Fire Aura When Equipped
+360 Defense
All Stats +5
+230 Defense vs. Missile
+28 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
+50 to Mana
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Damage Reduced by 7
So Donna is now a Hexfire swinging dual Dragon Enchantress with a synergized chance to cast Hydra.

Screenshot1475.jpg

Big part of the build is also getting as much inner PDR as I could, to make her a little less fragile. Things like this help a lot:

Screenshot1472.jpg

I'm letting Donna now to rest for a while before continuing with her. I'll try to farm at least one of the higher runes (Ber/Jah/Cham) before moving on, so that I don't have to start that process from the scratch when Donna is finished. And also, to keep things more fresh.

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Love the dual Dragons!
I really wanted to put one on my Avenger, but you can't have just one Dragon.
Does the massive Holy Fire aura cause issues with waking up monsters?

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Love the dual Dragons!
I really wanted to put one on my Avenger, but you can't have just one Dragon.
Does the massive Holy Fire aura cause issues with waking up monsters?
From my really short observations it indeed wakes monsters up. That issue should be taken care with my PDR and liberal use of Teleport. We'll see. Better use a strong merc as well.

That circlet! Wow!
Screenshot of Zod Hexfire? Please? =)
I'll post it the next time I play, I promise :)

This concept is so cool !!! And then that Circlet ... beyond amazing.
Thanks! I was quite happy when I saw the result after Larzuk did some hammering with it!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Oops. One month has passed since the last update. I tried my luck with some alvl85 running to make some progress in the rune department though. My Fire Druid saw no HRs while running P8 AT between levels 93 and 94. Maybe Travi next, maybe going for 95 with that Druid.

I'm sticking to the idea of getting one of the Ber, Jah or Cham before playing Donna the Enchantress too far. But I couldn't resist the urge to complete the first Act of Hell, as I had already played some there.

Screenshot1596.jpg
Didn't bring my Infinity yet it seems. Probably for the next act, then. These little buggers do no harm to me, but they aren't taking damage from my Hydras either!

Screenshot1598.jpg
Felt like half of the monsters were FI. I still did some minor physical dmg though. Alhizeer took them in no time after I softened the bunch with some Static.

Screenshot1599.jpg
Beat it, dude.

Screenshot1600.jpg
My resistances aren't the best. I will have to take some more care in the future. These were spitting those lightning bolts quite fast. It is lightning dmg, right? At least they fell quickly to my mighty Enchanted Sword.

Screenshot1604.jpg
Finally some food for my sword. Just earlier I met many Dark One and Spider Magus bosspacks. All FI, wasn't fast.

Screenshot1605.jpg
And more, nice! Andariel was a really quick one, as is usual with high fire damage characters. I teleported right to her, smashed away while those little Dark Ones tried to hurt me.

Screenshot1606.jpg
@SunsetVista here it is, finally! :)

Hopefully the next update is about having found an HR! :cool:

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
No HRs yet, unfortunately, but I stumbled upon this (and then upgraded it twice) while browsing my stashes:
Screenshot1642.jpg
I like the Daggerzon idea enough, that I could try just a "normal" version of those someday. But what about going Impale with this and then having Strafe switch along with all kinds of slow/chill/blinds stuff. Impale is very slow on its own, so why not bring all the enemies to a crawl too.

Impale might be the worst idea ever, but for some reason that makes me want to try it out even more. I don't think the the damage would be too horrible with let's say Fortitude + ok charm set?

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
I think my naked barb might make faster progress than an Imaplazon with a double upped ethereal Razortine
In the end I'd suspect your merc and Valk (if you have one) would do more killing than you.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha :p

I could always use strong enough Strafe weapon on switch when I become desperate...

Maybe I'll double up one of my non perfects and try some setups out.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Chargadin with eth upped bonecracker? Or is that not allowed?
Septumvirate is each class once, and Paladin is done (see the first post), so no Charger in this sept :)

Charger is on my huge to-do-list, though :p

BKC

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah that explains a lot in that case:

Eth stormlash with this:

Blade Fury
Required Level: 18
Prerequisites: Fire Blast [1], Blade Sentinel [6], Wake of Fire [12]
Effect: Using this skill, the Assassin throws several small blades, shredding her enemies with a barrage of metal.

• Blade Fury doesn't use up durability of weapons, thus qualifies for ethereal weapons.
  • Blade Fury will attack constantly with 6 frames per attack. It does not work with Burst of Speed or any other increased (or decreased) attack speed.
  • Blade Fury is indeed dependant on your attack rating although that's not displayed. Check your chances of hitting a monster with a normal attack to determine your chance with Blade Fury.
  • Blade Fury does not work with pierce or exploding arrow effects.
  • Blade Fury works with effects on striking, but not on attack. Therefore, Curses and other effects can be triggered very fast.
  • The +min/max damage listed on the skill effectively works the same as +min/max damage added to your weapon on normal attacks, except that it is not reduced by the 3/4, 3/8 & 1/4 penalties. So for damage dealing purposes, on blade fury, you could treat it exactly the same as an offweapon source of +min/max damage, ignoring the penalty. This is especially important, as with high levels of blade skills, the +skill damage can deal more than the weapon "half" of the damage.

No need for a zod though :)

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
@Grape I'll be very disappointed if one of the Zod God items in this sept is not a helm/armor/shield, just so you know.

How's your rune count looking at? First post says 0 for all listed HRs?

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
@Grape I'll be very disappointed if one of the Zod God items in this sept is not a helm/armor/shield, just so you know.
Maybe do a daggerzon with Ghostflame just to confuse people . . . and then zod god a Vamp's Gaze (or Andy's) or Stormshield.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
@BKC yeah, eth Stormlash should be really good Bladefury weapon! Such rare things, those.

How's your rune count looking at? First post says 0 for all listed HRs?
Rune count is up to date. :D I'm running now for more, but not in a hurry. Seems there's going to be some power-farming opportunities this spring in the form of the upcoming rune finding competition(s). I hope I'll score enough runes for 1-2 more Zod God items by those.

I'll try my best to squeeze in at least one armor. They are surprisingly hard to come by. I may not settle for one until it really benefits the build somehow, I'd like the armor to be functional in a some way for the build that uses it. E.g I tried to upgrade my Twichthroes and Rattlecages, but no luck so far.

Maybe do a daggerzon with Ghostflame just to confuse people . . . and then zod god a Vamp's Gaze (or Andy's) or Stormshield.
You can be sure I'd Zod a perfect Gaze or Andy's! Stormshield is always indestructible, and can't be eth. What a Zod God items this world potentially loses in it! :p

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Couldn't help myself. Donna made some little progress.

Screenshot1668.jpg
Posing. That little eth sword looks deadly, right?

Screenshot1669.jpg
Hydras fighting on their own. Two-front tactics.

Screenshot1673.jpg
Some melee characters dread this place. Donna not so much :p

Screenshot1677.jpg
There were many bosspacks around these corners. I'm quite vulnerable to the poison damage, so got to take care with that.

View attachment 4465
Made two AT runs. Thinking if I should level up few times doing AT/Pit/? runs. Hydras are making OK dmg, but more levels would give them a decent upgrade.

Screenshot1685.jpg
Put the planned end-game equipment on merc, finally. I think you can guess the weapon and helmet now.

Now Travi giev runes plz

Attachments

Last edited:

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll leave some evidence that I'm at least trying to get an armor for the sept:

Code:
Heavenly Garb
Archon Plate
Defense: 1502
Durability: 42 of 60
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 93
Fingerprint: 0x2c5c85ea
Item Level: 59
+50% Damage to Undead
+100 to Attack Rating against Undead
+100% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 25%
All Resistances +10
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Heavenly Garb
Archon Plate
Defense: 1236
Durability: 59 of 60
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 93
Fingerprint: 0xf0b7efbb
Item Level: 85
+50% Damage to Undead
+100 to Attack Rating against Undead
+100% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Energy
Regenerate Mana 25%
All Resistances +10
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Rattlecage
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 1005
Durability: 31 of 55
Required Level: 74
Required Strength: 198
Fingerprint: 0x7359c660
Item Level: 87
+45 to Attack Rating
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 40%
+200 Defense
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Rattlecage
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 1005
Durability: 31 of 55
Fingerprint: 0x7359c660
Item Level: 87
+45 to Attack Rating
+200 Defense
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Rattlecage
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 936
Durability: 37 of 55
Fingerprint: 0x92e194b8
Item Level: **
+45 to Attack Rating
+200 Defense
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Twitchthroe
Wire Fleece
Defense: 629
Durability: 30 of 32
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 101
Fingerprint: 0xe86a0d24
Item Level: 94
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Increased Chance of Blocking
+25 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Twitchthroe
Wire Fleece
Defense: 701
Durability: 18 of 32
Fingerprint: 0x93727bf8
Item Level: 94
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+25 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
Required Level +12
Ethereal

Twitchthroe
Wire Fleece
Defense: 602
Durability: 24 of 32
Fingerprint: 0xf8f6f9c6
Item Level: 81
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+25 Defense
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
Required Level +12
Ethereal
At the moment I'm leaning towards Hellslayer and Assassin as the next one after Donna is finished (and I've my next Zod gathered), but this may change.

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Septumvirate is each class once, and Paladin is done (see the first post), so no Charger in this sept :)

Charger is on my huge to-do-list, though :p
Do you have a public version of your to-do list? Or is there a wider forum version of such a thing? Hopefully there is a master list, or we could maybe make one. Showing all the accomplished goals, and various pipe dreams :)