Grape's Zod God Sept - Progress and theorycraft thread

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
well one you get that Medussa's Gaze you an do a double Zod God Enchantress with the Hexfire
Definitely. Once this sept is ready, the next sept will have only "double Zod God" builds :p

Not only that, they hit faster with it than any other class too, iirc.

My Vengeance Sorc, who wielded an eth bugged Kingslayer Decapitator, was definitely one of the most fun characters I have ever played.
Yeah, they have nice swinging speed with axes :)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I briefly tested Stormrider on an enchantress, and it would work. CtC stuff wouldn't probably be that big part of the actual killing, but little something extra.

That would leave Messerschmidt's to some other character. As Amazon has no plans yet... passive meleezon with a big eth axe, not bad?

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't run Chaos since summer 2015 and my 99 Hammerdin. Lost my best Travi map, so figured I'd give my Blizzer a go there. Maybe dozen or so runs in Jah drops. So, "only" one Jah to go and I could make the next one. I'm not sure at all, which candidate to go with, though.
Screenshot1108.jpg

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I may have time this weekend to actually progress some.

Let me give you a glimpse of my Necromancer's journey so far.

Screenshot802.jpg
Nice drop from Normal Diablo. Imagine some untwinked tourney character getting this drop this early.

Screenshot804.jpg
Probably the best skiller I've found while questing. NM Councils dropped me this.

Screenshot805.jpg
Staff with Teleport charges on switch. I played as a caster through norm and nm...

Screenshot809.jpg
... but I didn't need re-spec when Bonehew became available. I put stats and skills according to the end build all the time. I think I came here to finish Izual after leveling to 69 doing Pindle (?) runs. You may notice that I hired a new mercenary as well :p

Screenshot884.jpg
Die, Maggot! This shot was taken a bit before summer MFO, I believe. So it's been a while. About a time to pick this up again. Probably trying to finish Acts II and III over the weekend.

And probably a few Chaos runs are in order. Need. More. Runes.

Dezrok

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice concept and nice thread!

I Guardianed a Beserker with an upped The Minotaur one time - CB, blind and slow. It was pretty fun and doesn't have too many variables to max, although a 60 point range on ED might make things difficult I guess.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice concept and nice thread!

I Guardianed a Beserker with an upped The Minotaur one time - CB, blind and slow. It was pretty fun and doesn't have too many variables to max, although a 60 point range on ED might make things difficult I guess.
Thanks!

The Minotaur has a nice set of effects indeed. Nice Guardian there! I checked, and I've three eth Miinotaurs. Surprisingly none of them were perfect :D 60ED range along with the varying +strength (15-20) makes it difficult catch. But I'll keep my eyes open, definitely. :)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
David has continued his adventures. It appears I had already got the staff, so no need to go down the Maggot Lair. *sigh of relief*

I quickly learned to appreciate the little set of curses I had, and also the little slower, cautious play style needed to survive with titan melee nec.

I can confess, that I'm pretty spoiled by many times playing with top notch gear or making my non cookie cutter characters still quite tanky etc. So nice change of pace. (Not that this nec runs with poor gear by any means, but because the nature of build itself, I can't rush into every situation blindly...)

Few pictures from Act II:
Screenshot1157.jpg
Diane slaying some snakes. David's craving for blood made him rush there before all were dead. Can't leave all for the mercenary!

Screenshot1160.jpg
And again! I typically change to Decrepify when slashing myself. But letting her soften those two boss packs a little bit before going toe-to-toe with them was not bad idea.

Screenshot1161.jpg
Dim Vision is great against ranged. Decrepify is great when standing next to an enemy.

Screenshot1163.jpg
I don't have any minions myself, but resurrected skeletons from Diane's 'Faith' prove to be useful from time to time. This mad man over there is madly targeting only that skeleton, letting me smash without any disruptions. Act II proved to be quite easy, but I played with /players 1 all the time, making killing quite quick, although I took some serious damage from time to time if I let my Bone Armor disappear. Still considering to go with higher players setting during Act III

Act III has to wait for another time, but I may do some Chaos runs a bit later. Gieb Zod.

Last edited:

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Good going!
titan melee Nec with no minions and a ranged merc is towards the crazy end of the spectrum.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Since it seems that many of sept's characters are going to be about big fat two-handers and massive amount of hurt, I have tried to think about some variety.

Daggerzon would fit quite well in, imo. Fast dagger could be delivering CB/Slow/different elemental damages/etc. or even hybridizing the build with some interesting switch. I've some ideas in that regards also.

I even upgraded my Zod God dagger candidates:
Code:
Gull
Bone Knife
One Hand Damage: 35 - **
Durability: 24 of 26
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 28
Required Dexterity: 65
Fingerprint: 0x1393c05d
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Adds 1 - 15 Damage
-5 to Mana
100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Required Level +12
Ethereal 

The Diggler
Mithril Point
One Hand Damage: 82 - 118
Durability: 27 of 55
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 45
Required Dexterity: **
Fingerprint: 0xdf5e8444
Item Level: 85
+30% Increased Attack Speed
50% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+10 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +25%
Fire Resist +25%
Required Level +12
Ethereal 

Blackbog's Sharp
Fanged Knife
One Hand Damage: 37 - 130
Durability: 33 of 36
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 32
Required Dexterity: 76
Fingerprint: 0x65f63ab3
Item Level: 94
+30% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 15 - 45 Damage
Adds 488 Poison Damage Over 10 Secs (250 Frames)
+4 to Poison Nova (Necromancer Only)
+4 to Poison Explosion (Necromancer Only)
+5 to Poison Dagger (Necromancer Only)
Slows Target by 50%
+50 Defense
Required Level +7
Ethereal
They each have their own strengths, and each would probably lead to a bit different end build. Which one would you use and why/how? :)

Another thing I'm considering is to put Hexfire on Enchantress. Opening a slot for shield gives some fun options. I upgraded the first post with these possibilities also.

Good going!
titan melee Nec with no minions and a ranged merc is towards the crazy end of the spectrum.
Haha, yes it could be. Maybe more so if my merc wasn't rocking around with Faith and David had less cheesy items ;p

If things get harder in the future I have one trick more: my Bonewall should be quite strong. I tried to use it couple of times but it only irritated me so far.

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Bonewall will be very helpful in areas with lots of ranged monsters like open areas of Act V

I'd also look for a better dagger, Stormspike has no ranged attributes. Just go find an ethereal one of those.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
I had somehow overlooked that Stormspike has a solid 150% ED.

Code:
Stormspike
Legend Spike
One Hand Damage: 115 - 175
Durability: 39 of 47
Required Level: 73
Required Strength: 55
Required Dexterity: 57
Fingerprint: 0xd1abb7af
Item Level: **
25% Chance to cast level 3 Charged Bolt when struck
150% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 - 120 Lightning Damage
Lightning Resist (Based on Character Level)96%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 20
Required Level +7
Ethereal
I have it. When it comes to damage, we have a winner I guess.

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting would be a slow-zon. Pull the BBS, get some ctc decrep on merc. Slow all the things! Use slow missiles on ranged monsters. I can't remember the slow cap, but stack on as much as is reasonable (if you need any more after decrep).

Alternatively, if you want a more interesting merc, get ctc or charges of decrep on switch (is it even available in charges?)

At least that's my input.

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting would be a slow-zon. Pull the BBS, get some ctc decrep on merc. Slow all the things! Use slow missiles on ranged monsters. I can't remember the slow cap, but stack on as much as is reasonable (if you need any more after decrep).

Alternatively, if you want a more interesting merc, get ctc or charges of decrep on switch (is it even available in charges?)

At least that's my input.
Use a Zod bugged ethereal Stone armor for Clay Golem charges

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Charges cannot be replenished on ethereal items, zod bugged or not, so you'd have to make a new one when the charges ran out anyway. No need to zod bug ;)

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, thanks for the input guys!

@Zenigma focusing on slow is something I'm considering! Would be interesting to see how good it works. I reread this recently. 1-2 volleys of Strafe with some bow on switch and then stabbing all the chilled, frozen and slowed monsters with my little eth dagger is the idea.

'Wrath' runeword has ctc Decrepify, it could make a nice switch weapon.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
David has continued his Titanic journey through some wild jungles.

The first half of the Act III:

Screenshot1179.jpg
Hmm, should I back off a little bit?

Screenshot1180.jpg
Yes, that's a good idea. I started Act III with players 3. Jungles are usually pretty easy for a melee character, especially after Act 2 and its PIs. David did fine, as long as I kept my Bone Armor up and enemies under Decrepify

Screenshot1183.jpg
These were not a walk in the park. Added some Bonewall to the mix to help with some more crowd control. Some running around and little separation of this pack was needed to take care of them.

Screenshot1186.jpg
I had saved the game when I arrived to the Great Marsh WP, as it was right at the entrance. What a pleasant start for another playing session with meeting these little friends flying around. Dim Vision works great against normal Gloams...

Screenshot1189.jpg
... but the place had many boss packs, including one with a Convicted Shaman boss next to them. These hurt a lot. I tried to lure 1-2 at a time and/or let merc shoot them while trying to dodge the lightning.

Screenshot1190.jpg
Damn. Waited one shot too long with hitting that fat purple. This could've been avoided.

Screenshot1191.jpg
Upon reaching the Flayer Jungle I noticed that I had been playing /players 8 the entire Great Marsh. No wonder that those Gloams hurt so much. I lowered to P3, as that had been my plan. Flayers were quite harmless after that.Screenshot1193.jpg
But these proved to be somewhat dangerous. Manaburn is not funny, when standing next to these means I should be almost constantly re-casting my Bone Armor. Better not to take too many of those at once.

Screenshot1194.jpg
Flayer Dungeon was not bad. I noticed only couple of Dolls, so those have to wait until Sewers and Durance of Hate. Not complaining. Next time I play, I'll continue from Lower Kurast WP.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
The second half of the Act III:

Screenshot1215.jpg
Boasting with my LCS numbers before going down. That attack rating went wild with the shrine

Screenshot1217.jpg
So long shrine. There were two boss packs besides Battlemaid Sarina in that same room. One of them had mana burn, which is easily the most annoying thing for my nec, since I need to use my curses quite often and would also like to keep my Bone Armor up. Welp, managed the situation in the end, but only with a few too many rejuvs down the pale throat.

Screenshot1221.jpg
I was thinking that dolls might provide to be a problem, but I was very wrong. I didn't take any damage from them. Strategy D&D worked wonders. Diane and Decrepify that is.

Screenshot1224.jpg
Those guys hung there for a long time. Hmm, maybe because of Decrepify? Anyway, I though they looked funny with the curse below them.

Screenshot1228.jpg
Here we go again. No problems whatsoever.

Travi and DoH lvl 3 were pretty uneventful. Probably because I was playing with P1. What a sissy I am. Act IV, especially Chaos can provide to be interesting. My cold/poison resistances are not great, especially everything with cold damage hurts pretty badly. I'll try to not use thawing/antidote potions. Souls I know I can handle with Dim Vision, so I'm not very worried about them.

I thought to progress some with the Druid also, but this Nec shares few too many charms, most likely, so I'm not bothering. I will finish this one first. I'm also debating with myself at what build to continue with Druid, but more about that later.

Been doing some Chaos runs every now and then, but no sight of high runes.

Last edited: