Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grape's Zod God Sept - Progress and theorycraft thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Grape, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

So here I am, hopping to the sept-train myself, too.

This idea started slowly taking shape after making my second item in the Zod God tournament. After the third one I started to really think it could be doable, yet slow and time-consuming.

If you are not familiar with the idea of Zod God, you may want to check The Thread.

The purpose of this thread is to share some of the progress with you and especially, hopefully, get some fun ideas for what items to use and what builds to make. There should be plenty of time for that, since finding enough runes will probably take a long, long time.

Builds completed:

Paladin
    Name: Lemmy
    Build: Avenger
    Zod God item: Ribcracker

Necromancer
    Name: David
    Build: Titan Meleemancer with Ctc Bone Spears
    Zod God item: Bonehew

Druid
    Name: Jimi
    Build: Windwolf
    Zod God item: Windhammer

Sorceress
    Name: Donna
    Build: Dual Dragon Enchantress
    Zod God item: Hexfire

Assassin
    Namm: Janis
    Build: Max dmg Tiger Striker
    Zod God item: Hellslayer

Builds in progress:

Barbarian
    Name: Freddie
    Build: Double Swing with lots of cold damage
    Zod God item: Earthshaker
    Level: 77/Act III Hell

Builds to be started:

Amazon

Build idea: Passive Daggerzon/Passive meleezon or Impalazon + X
    Zod God candidates: Gull, The Diggler, Stormspike or Blackbog's Sharp /Messerschmidt's Reaver/Razorstine

Some other Zod God item candidates I have, and random ideas around them:

Bloodletter --> WW barb without actual points in WW?
    Headstriker --> Anything melee. Could work on a Zon.
    Baranar's Star --> Many possibilities. Blade Fury for example
    Crushflange --> Not the worst kicker weapon
    Rattlecage: --> I've some that needs upgrading - just have to check what would be perfect defense. Many possibilities.

UPDATE:
    Earthshaker --> don't know. It has knockback and hit blinds target among with decent damage.
    Coldkill --> CtC Cold skills and some cold damage. Offers some crowd control at least. Or synergize those skills and swing away with sorc.
    Stormrider --> synergize Charged Bolt and Chain Lightning, swing with sorc. Seems a bit slow though..

Just give me a shout out if you'd like to see some read-outs.

Rune counter:

Lo: 3

Currently farming: Some CS runs, Travincal possibly again later

----------------------------------

Would be very nice to hear if you have any comments/questions! Especially hoping to hear if you have any fresh build ideas, and possible twists to some ideas I already have. Before the seventh Zod meets the item, there should be plenty of time to find more candidates and figure out many possible builds!

Let's do this! Thanks for reading :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I'm too impressed to have any ideas right now. At all ... Which is a bit of a problem, since I'm at work, and I'm supposed to come up with ideas.

Anyway, tremendous goal you have set yourself here. So looking forward to reading more.

O yes, about the Baranar's Star ... BF was the first skill that came to mind when I found an eth one myself. Would be a waste to put a Zod in it for that purpose though, since BF doesn't wear down durability.

Eth Zod Stormlash would be kinda cool as main hand for a ZealBarb. Or an eth Frostwind. In the same vein (somewhat), eth 270% ED Firelizard's Talons could be nice to have as second weapon for a ww Sin. Just spamming out ideas here though. Nothing really original or anything.

Edit: for an Amazon, Impale seems like a good candidate, as it gives massive ED%, and you wouldn't have to worry about losing durability. Maybe an eth Stoneraven for that? Attack speed might be an issue though. Otherwise maybe Daggerzon with eth Fleshripper? Good luck finding one though ...

Good luck !!!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    maxicek and Grape like this.
  3. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Haha, thanks for commenting @T72on1 !

Zod in Baranar's would allow Sin to use Blade Shield, which wears dura down I believe. That IAS in it would be wasted though.

Eth Stormlash would be so nice, perfect or not.. Other dream weapon would be Death Cleaver...

Impalazon and the possibilities with some of the spears are really intriguing for me. Nasty amount of variables usually, though. I feel extremely lucky to have already scored the eth perf items I already possess. Eth Fleshripper on the other hand, the same amount of variable ED% as Ribcracker. On average 1/101 of eth Fleshrippers will be perfect. Luck is needed, but not lottery jackpot odds.

For a Daggerzon I could always go with my eth Gull. Not that I could hurt anyone with that. :p

pharphis and T72on1 like this.
  4. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Eth Gull would earn you so much style points for a TC3 hunting tournament. If you Zod an eth Gull, the next TC3 hunting tournament will definitely allow twinking ;).

5. d2fan

d2fan IncGamers Member

imo eth zod deathcleaver would be really nice, the 26 dura on normal ones just plain suck :/

good luck finding many many chams and eth rixots n gulls :)

6. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

A Zod God Medussa's Gaze could be pretty cool for an Enchantress, but finding a perfect one might be near impossible.

Upped Ethereal Guardian Angel for a Conc Barb? Only variable stat line is 180-200 ED, so could be findable

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Maybe zod some armor for the amazon? Like a perfect eth ormus or vamp gaze? Opens up a few of the "normal" amazon weapons. Also, zod occy for sorc :p

8. d2fan

d2fan IncGamers Member

eth gaze and then a poison zone

seems fitting!

9. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

zod occy has already happened though. Would be a waste towards the zod god tourny :p

10. PhineasB

PhineasB IncGamers Member

Eth Arioc's Needle for impale-zon? It has a high character level, but it has IAS and +skills. I've never actually played that build before though, so don't know if those mods actually help . . . .

11. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

Pfft. I have a better idea:

Singer, dual-wielding, double the Zod God. Zod God Culwen's Point and Zod God Suicide Branch. Or swap one of them for a sword/wand to get same looking weapons, I mean, it can't take too long for you to find that Eth perfect Death's Web, right? ;) Although, I'd probably go with Suicide Branch/Blackhand Key or Culwen's Point/Swordguard. Most likely with the wands.

PS. How many people have told you that you are crazy?

12. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Thanks! Yeah, too bad about the low durability.

Yeah hoping for a perf eth Medusa's Gaze is probably too far-fetched. Still a shield I'd like to build something around.

Guardian Angel on the other hand. Would fit nicely many builds! Let's hope...

Would be nice to use armor for at least one character. It appears that I have few eth perfect normal body armors, like 90%ED Hawkmail, 90% ED Venom Ward, 100%ED Heavenly Garb (always perfect). And then I could try luck with upgrading my three eth Rattlecages or two The Centurions :D. Or maybe that one eth The Face of Horror I have...

You should take that one for a ride around the AT :cool:

Yeah, I believe Arioc's Needle would fit quite well for Impale. Not even total utopia, but still very unlikely to drop :)

Putting Zods to a weapons used by Singer? Just in case I swing them actually? I'll hold to that idea until the eth perfect DW drops ;)

Haha, maybe few. But as I put it in the Zod God tournament thread: "Goal-oriented gentlemen with moderate ambitions"...

13. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Yeah, that was definitely one of the best oneliners ever :).

14. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Some more possible candidates after digging through my stashes a bit better:

Hexfire --> Fire Traps with BF seems quite fitting. ITD and +3 to fire skills..
    Earthshaker --> don't know. It has knockback and hit blinds target among with decent damage.
    Coldkill --> CtC Cold skills and some cold damage. Offers some crowd control at least. Or synergize those skills and swing away with sorc.
    Stormrider --> synergize Charged Bolt and Chain Lightning, swing with sorc. Seems a bit slow though..

And oh, I found one pretty thing
    Screenshot1066.jpg
    Aww yeah!! Half way to the next Zod God item! After whatever it takes to finish that one I'm thinking about running some other target. Even if unlikely, would be nice to have at least a shot at actually finding Zod as I never have seen one!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  15. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I tried the Stormrider idea once. I mean, melee Sorcs and 2H axes already is awesome, and I figured getting the procs to kill would be even more cool. It was disappointing though, unfortunately. Then again, I didn't have stuff like Faith on a Rogue merc to make attack speed faster or an Infinity for an act 2 Merc, no Griffon's. And probably not the right gear choices all around.

I have seen you do and choose interesting stuff I never would have thought of myself, so you might make it work :).

O yes, and congrats on yet another shiny rune !!!

16. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info :)

I don't usually test my builds beforehand, but in this case I might have to. Well, there's always that Messerschmidt's Reaver which is faster. Sorcs with big 2H Axes look really badass indeed.!

17. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

Stormrider Bearsorc?
    Probably just a really bad Dual Dreamer I guess

Earthshaker might work on a Zerker?

Hexfire for a Fireclaw Druid?

18. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

I bet that Bear would hit sooo slow :p At least contrast to usual shape-shifter standards. But doable, no doubt.

Yes, seems like quite a fitting Zerker weapon. Although Leaping around with big hammer (Bloodtree Stump) sounds awesome to me. Let's see..

Druid build for the sept is under progress already, so no FC Druids for now at least :)

19. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

well one you get that Medussa's Gaze you an do a double Zod God Enchantress with the Hexfire

20. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Not only that, they hit faster with it than any other class too, iirc.

My Vengeance Sorc, who wielded an eth bugged Kingslayer Decapitator, was definitely one of the most fun characters I have ever played.