Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Grand charm Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by geep, Jun 5, 2005.

1. geep

geep IncGamers Member

Grand charm Question

I'm Looking to try and roll some skillers what is the ideal ilvl of a GC i want to roll for the best chance of skillers? Does the ilvl differ for lets say a +1 Pally combat vs a +1 pally combat w/ 40 life?
    Thanks
    Geep

2. XtasyGrizzly

XtasyGrizzly IncGamers Member

Well.. i dont think the ilvl dose any difference , good luck :thumbsup:

3. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

you need ilvl 50 to get a +1 to a skill tree prefix

check the charms guide for the exact ilvl of other suffixes to go with it.

4. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

It does make a huge difference. For 40+ life you need ilvl91+ i think. And the ilvl must be at least 50 to roll a skiller.

5. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

I have a 40 life skiller with ilvl 85.

IIRC it has to be ilvl 91+ to get 41-45 life

6. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Skillers; from NM upwards. Exact spot is a bit hard, as some earlier dungeons you find are right as well if you catch a boss pack, but in general the mid of Act III should do.

For the best +life mod to be possible, you'll need one to drop from either Diablo, Nihlathak or Baal.

7. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

Yup! :thumbsup:

If I'm feeling lucky or hopeful, I use those GCs I found in v1.09 that has ilvl 93 (I think they're from Council members, or other SuperUniques, right?) to re-roll. And I've re-rolled some 40+ life GCs, but unfortunately, I haven't rolled a skiller with 40+ life.

--maxgerin

8. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

The stat gurus (Thrugg, RTB ...) have all mentioned that there's little difference in where you should ilevel a GC for skillers as long as you get it from Flayer Jungle NM or later (or so) ... unless you want the chance at extra life (41-45) of which Aerath already pointed out (Baal, Nithy ... but not sure about Diablo).

IIRC, the odds are about 1 in 23 rolls that you should get a skiller GC. Having extra mods on it makes it more rare of course.

9. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

Wow, that's more than 3/4ths of an entire stash and backpack's worth of pgems...
    Who computed for that, bill_n_opus?

My experience in re-rolling is, on average, 2 skillers per pgems-filled character... that's 87 pgems or 14.5 re-rolls per skiller. But of course there are times when you get nothing out of an entire character cuber. :(

[EDIT]
    I think I messed up statistics here... I should have included the fact that there are times when you don't get anything out of 87 pgems when you say "on average"... so I guess thats not an average of 2 skillers per 87 pgems...
    More like, usually (rather than on average) I get 2 skillers per pgems-filled character.
    [/EDIT]

BTW, what's the best ilvl (or range) to use if you want skillers in such a way you increase your chances by excluding prefixes like Serrated or Bloody or those higher mods?

--maxgerin

10. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure that the chances of getting a skiller are ~1/19

11. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

It takes an average of 66 pgems to create 1 skill charm through rerolling. thats at ilvl 51, when all the possible affixes are added (ilvl ~91 IIRC) than its more like 1/22.5 (this could be a bit off but I don't feel like calculating) or 1/23.

Either way there is little difference in chance for skiller when you add the last 6 affixes (which half are suffixes anyways) into the mix. What so hard to understand about 21 of 400 and 21 of 403 really doesn't make a lick of a difference overall.

Take the average skiller as 66 pgems and the average specific skiller as 21*66 pgems.