Graduation!

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Graduation!

Well I know some of you have noticed I've had a graduation countdown up for over a week now. The day is finally here. It's offically Sunday, June 12, the day my degree will be conferred. I'm graduating cum laude (no jokes please ;)) with a bachelor of science in aeronautical and astronautical engineering.

Ohio State is offering a web broadcast of commencement if you want to watch. The ceremony starts at 1pm ET.

webcast link

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
You'll be the first one right?

Who has a name that starts with something before Ae?

I was 267/268 to graduate, in alphabetical order.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
bigD72 said:
You'll be the first one right?

Who has a name that starts with something before Ae?

I was 267/268 to graduate, in alphabetical order.
Heh. Actually, I'm 15th overall in the engineering line, but they aren't reading names. There's close to 8,000 graduates, we'd be there a week.

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
Congradulations. *hands AJ a drink* Now that you're finally done with school, what are you gonna do?

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Vader says "Hi"

This will be a day long remembered: we have seen the end of AJ's college career and we will soon see the end of his free time.

Congratulations and don't party too much!

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Well it's too late, I think I've already partied quite hard enough. And I dunno, Necro, I feel like this should be the beginning of my free time.

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
With great power comes great responsibility...and a guilt complex.

Ah, but now you will have more responsibilities and that takes up a lot of your free time at first. I had a good friend who became a mechanical engineer at GE following her graduation and she said that the one thing she missed about college was the down time.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I've got 3 more years of school after this (law school), so I won't be going to a 9-5 right away. Summer employment is actually kinda sketchy since I only have ~7 weeks. That's what you get for going from a school on quarters to a school on semesters.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I just got back, but I'm headed off to my brother's for a family cookout. More details tonight! It was awesome! (and sweaty)

Phil

Diabloii.Net Member
So I'm a little late, but Congradulations. I have two sisters that graduated college this year, and even as a younger brother I was still very proud to watch them walk across the stage. Goodluck with law school also. Any ideas where you are/want to go?

phil

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
congrats, never though i dont see the point of university anymore, as myself have a BA and Bcom but found it easier to get a job without them then with them, so stupid..... waste of money

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
what job did you get? cuz my degree helped me a ton.

anyway, congats AJ! Think about it. now you'll work 40-50 more years! MAke sure you keep in touch with the people that matter. this is the point where everyone starts to scatter and it can be tough to keep up with them all.