Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Gots me a job

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lostprophet, May 9, 2005.

1. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

Gots me a job

So I was hired on Monday by the Regal Theater Corporation of Doom. I am now a peddler of all that is mass-produced, overpriced, and largely inedible. And I'm not just talking about the movies they show.

Some highlights thus far:

1. Me: "That'll be [arbitrary but heinous amount of money]"
    Customer: (hands me a credit card) There ya go.
    Me: "I can't print you a receipt from this register. Is that okay?"
    Customer: "Yeah, that's fine."
    Me: "I'm sorry, it's been acting up all day" (hands credit card back to customer)
    Customer: "Can I get a receipt?"

2. (and this one's happened numerous times) Customer: "Make sure you put as much butter as possible on that. Layer it."
    Me: "Okay. And what kind of drink did you want with that?"
    Customer: "Diet coke."

I've also encountered a 2 dollar bill (which I picked up after plunking two singles into the tray) and a 100 dollar bill, which I luckily had just enough change to accept. I'm actually really enjoying it thus far, but Star Wars openes in two weeks *ominous music*. So we'll see.

Also, free movie tickets. Crash. Tomorrow. Ohhhhh man.

Other first job stories? Stupid customer stories? Bets on how long it will take me to hate going to work?

2. VaN_haMMerSteIn

VaN_haMMerSteIn IncGamers Member

Wow, for this being your first job you are taking all the customer stupidity very relaxed. I am impressed
    I liked it best when I worked at MC Dicks, and a customer would order a double QP with EXTRA cheese, then super size the fries, then a diet coke. That was my favourite.

3. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Most people aren't interested in anything a retail worker has to say, I'm not surprised people don't pay attention.

That's the ****ty thing about ****ty jobs.

4. Echod16

Echod16 IncGamers Member

a movie theater job is not crap, free movies/screenings while also getting the priveledge to take forever to get someone's popcorn is too good to pass up.

5. cyclotronic

cyclotronic IncGamers Member

By no means my first job but today i was working at a restaurant that served 1600 people in 3 hours..... good money but damn im almost dead now.

6. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

One of the funniest calls I got at my old job as a customer service rep for a sat tv company was a guy that called to put his account on vacation for 3 to 6 months. I am no prob sure just as long as it is not more then 6 months that is the max. He then says, No prob I know it won't be more then six since I have been incarcerated for 3-6 months. I was like errr ok no prob.

7. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Heh. Sounds like a fun job. Currently working as the dough master at a Pizza Hut. That means I get to come in early morning, before anyone else, make the dough needed for the pizzas that day. Friday is the worst. Have to make,roll,kneed and put away around 100 pan pizzas.

8. blu3l1ghtn1ng

blu3l1ghtn1ng IncGamers Member

Right now I work at a uniform store selling uniform to high schoolers or grade 9s. Being around the same age as them its pretty cool, plus I get to work with some pretty hot chicks. Also get some hot customers, but most of them are little *****es.

BTW, how is it working at Pizza Hut. I have one near me hiring, but always thought that it would be a pretty rough/gay job. Insight?

9. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

A little off topic, but I am a delivery driver and I once took an order out to a girl named Malaria. What kind of complete moron would name their kid Malaria?

10. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Yeah it's fun to pay out on the customers, but if they weren't around you wouldn't have a job. So a little grace is required I think.

11. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

That's why I can't work customer service. Because I'd snap 80,000 times a day.

The use of that word in that context was out of line, inappropriate and against forum rules.

12. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

Yeah I'm exactly the same as you. I can't work any job these days where I have to deal with custommers, I had far too much **** of people when I worked in catering.

KnightFall

13. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

Well, my manager is a total dick, and the work is pretty boring, and monotonous. I'm thinking about sticking around for a month or two maybe, then applying for some office work as a temp or something.

14. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Why do people insist on gay bashing?

I worked at Dominos for a summer--I can't imagine having been cooped up in the kitchen the entire time--I was a delivery driver. As it was I could barely stand being in the store for the ten minutes at a time I would spend grabbing a pie and heading out.

My first job was McDonalds, and let me tell you that was a stinker. Just miserable, gross, and not fun. While the place was kept spotlessly clean, I can tell you that clean or not spending 3 hours in the back dishwashing every component to every greasy, salt-encrusted machine in the store is revolting. Knowing what the fry grease looks like when it congeals off of the frozen fries is downright disgusting. I don't even want to remember the days we actually cleaned the fryers.

15. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

Diet Coke tastes better for some people...

16. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

This is true.

I still think it's at least somewhat ironic.

17. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

I agree with you sir. I worked in a movie theatre for five years and that never got old to me.

My advice: shoot for working as a projectionist. Best job you will ever have.

18. blu3l1ghtn1ng

19. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

How exactly was the manner you used it in "light-hearted"? If anything the casual manner you used it in is even worse then if you straight out bashed homosexuals. Just try and stay away from using "gay" to replace "bad".

20. blu3l1ghtn1ng

chill bro, the whole smilely face was there to show my sarcasm, and that I won't make the same mistake again. :rolleyes:

Besides, why the frigg does everyone avoid the question and pick at this one lil thing. Let it go, jezz