Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

got some dusty .09 items...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jizus, Apr 5, 2004.

1. jizus

jizus IncGamers Member

got some dusty .09 items...

on USEAST non-ladder... of course. so what should i do with them?
    i just wanted to make sure of one thing really which i think i know the answer to but, if you combine .09 and .10 sets, will you get the FULL set bonus? when you combine .09 and .10 sets, you DO NOT get the new .10 partial set bonus right?

because i haven't played in months and wanna give away lots of junk, and don't wanna even waste my time giving out .09 items that won't work with .10 stuff... not that anyone wants clean socket .09 IK mauls :lol:

2. kingofcups

kingofcups IncGamers Member

Hmm...1.09/1.10 set mixing works like this:

Say you have IK helm and maul from 1.09, and the boots from 1.10. You won't get the Fire or Lightning damage on the maul, but the boots should see that you're wearing 3 pieces, and in turn give you the 25% mf and +2 Combat skills.

Does that help?

3. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

No matter if you have 1.09 or 1.10 set pieces, you still get the Full set bonus (the golden letters). If you have any 1.09 set items equipped, they will not get the partial bonuses (the green letters).

However, this is not true all the time. As far as I know, only the class-specific sets get the thing where .09 set pieces don't get partial bonuses. All other sets (or at least the Angelic Set I've tried it with) get the partial bonuses no matter if the item is 1.10 or 1.09.

4. jizus

jizus IncGamers Member

alright well i guess charsi's gonna get all my .09 junk then

and by the way, from what i recall the angelic set wasn't changed at all between .09 and .10, so of course you'd get the partial bonuses :)