Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Got my first taste of PvP.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by DjSlayer, Apr 25, 2005.

1. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Got my first taste of PvP.

And I liked it.

Especially pubby duels where you can find the most lame players, you know, the potters, the town runners, the town huggers, the campers, the shrine and well users, the bugged users, those who whine about lag when they die, chicken hack users, and the naked killers, (do add if I have forgotten any one). No I have not forgotten about the honest players and to my joy there is alot of them too, even in pubbys. The fun part is when you own the lamers, those who are of a much higher lvl than me, or (loose or win) the duels where we where evenly matched. I found it boring when I was supreme against my oponent.
    Some instances was "Oh, are you attacking me? Mkay, eat these bonespirits and die", as you can understand those duels did not bring me any joy, sometimes I just let them get the first shots hoping that they would win. Other times there was no chance for me to win, like my lvl 50 necro against two 80+ barbarians, one with enigma and the other with IK set, as soon as I got one of them down to a sliver of life he was of to town and I did not have any mana left so the other barbarian could finnish me off. All I could do was run and hope to get some mana back for another bonespirit. And the chicken hack users who exited the game as soon as they had low life (I encounterd two of those, a barbarian 80+ and a hammerdin 80+).

Conclusion: I had alot of fun this weekend, and I got alot of high lvl ears (80+), and yeah sry about the owning part, but it's fun too kill high lvls (or duel them anyway)

- D.J.

2. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

you forgot blink hack.

ps. glad you enjoyed it :) i was prolly one of those BM players ^^ (im VERY bm in pubs)

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Whats a blink hack?

4. DjSlayer

It's auto aim i belive.

dkay: If you are on europe perhaps we have encountered each other.

- D.J.

5. Wrathchild

Wrathchild IncGamers Member

You forgot those who die, and say "LOL NOB I WAS EATING" or "noob i was typing" :clap:

pubbys give always good laughs ;)

6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I think hes refering to the hack which makes a players screen flash black, and you really cant see anything, of course, the guy using it then kills you while you cant do anything about it.

-Matt

7. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

yes matts correct. no dj im on nonwest so ive never encountered you. ; /

ways to get around blink hack:

keep your distance from the hacker and the blinking stops. or just simply kill him and shoot projectiles to nk him from afar.

8. DjSlayer

Those pesky NKs, I've encountered a couple of those too. One paladin was standing right outside the camp and NK everyone that dared to venture outside the camp. So the other people would start to scream (write) "NK noob", his only response to that was "I've got a perfect Griffon's Eye, noob? I think not" and contiued to NK those two paladins, as for me I was smart enough to stand inside the camp not being a target. In a later game I noticed the same paladin standing beside me when a trappasin was town guarding, not daring to venture outside the camp. No matter what kind of items you've got, it will not make you a pro. As for me, I use mediocre items, and still makin' it well on the arena (but I'm still a noob).

But to my suprise, there are less grief (not the RW) players than I thought, BM perhaps, but alot don't behave in a bad manner, polite, friendly and having a nice attitude over all.

- D.J.

9. soc

soc Banned

I guess people down East are nicer than the Californians :p

On USWest NL pubby dueling, it's all about 3 or 4v1, granted usually 2 of them are tals sorc, but anyway :p.

10. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

for someone who only just got their first taste of pvp, ur doing pretty good to beat everyone :)

even with the best gear it takes a while to learn the technique

11. DjSlayer

It's on Europe if I've not mentioned it earlier.

Sh4dovv: My gear is as follows:
    Peasant Crown (clean)
    Skin of the vipermagi 35 res all (clean)
    white wand with +3 to Bspirit as automod
    Homunculus (at the time it was clean, but I've got a Um'ed one now).
    Frostburns
    Gloom's Trap
    Silkweave
    Ring 1: 20 dex raven
    Ring 2: rare caster ring (10% FCR, 14 Dex, alot of mana, 8x i belive, +some other mods)
    Ammy 10% FCR some resistance (no skills)
    9 plain P/B skillers
    8 plain vita SCs
    Tome of town portal (nice to have in a Baal run)
    Tome of identify (also nice to have in a Baal run)

The last two items i don't use in a duel tho.
    I don't own everyone either, have problems with tempelars (high lvl) and extremely fast sorcs.

- D.J.

12. MortIIs

MortIIs IncGamers Member

Good to see you still enjoy D2 :)