Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Got my first Aldur's - now the questions...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Malgor, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Got my first Aldur's - now the questions...

My friend and I were farming Baal in NM and got the boots and the jagged star.

First question - what is best to put in the three slots on the JS?

Second question - I know that Baal in NM is CL70 - where has anyone gotten the other drops? (hunter's guise and shadowplate).

My 78 Sorceress can solo all of NM, (cold sorceress - max orb) but has problems in hell where creatures are immune to cold. I made her without much thought of the future, and before the expansion, and the only fire skill high enough to do any damage is firewall (1252 damage per second), but the only thing wrong with that is that the creature has to stand in one place (which we know they don't).

Any help is appreciated. ;)

2. Wahla

Wahla IncGamers Member

You can get the Aldurs Helm from Hell Meph, at least thats where I found a few of mine.

The Armour can be found in the TC87 places, ie The Pit, Mausoleum etc in Hell.

3. SorsScriba

SorsScriba IncGamers Member

3x Lo could be nice

*** edit: typo

4. Blood_And_Iron

Blood_And_Iron IncGamers Member

wouldn't recommend melee Aldur's

I tried a Werebear after getting the armor. Does 1000 damage max with all damage skills maxed. Don't do it :( The Jagged Star has too low base damage for the 350% to be effective. It only added 100 damage :)

I haven't finished my Hurricane Aldur, but I expect a caster is fine.

By the way NM Meph is not 70, he's 59. Check Arreat Summit. NM Baal, however, is 75.

As for socketing the weapon, Lo is right :) Probably the best you can do, if you really want to go that way.

As for your sorceress, try the sorc forum for Telekinesis builds with only Frozen Orb. With maxed TK you can run Hell meph just fine. Just get max block and max res. If you don't have enough skills left over try maxing Firewall or some other secondary skill. Getting to 85 shouldn't take too much time.

Remeber if all you had was Frozen Orb, Cold Mastery, Static Field, Teleport, and Energy Shield, you can run Hell Meph without any other skills. Get a Wizard Spike for resistance and a Whitstan's Guard for blocking.

Good luck.

5. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Thank you all for your replies. Very imformative.

For my mage I currently have:

17 Warmth
    14 Fire Wall
    Frozen Orb 17 (3 in cold mastery)
    Static Field 8
    Telekinesis 1

I've wasted quite a few points just filling out one point in all skills and two in a couple others (not sure why I did this).

I'm 78 now so I will get 11 more skill points (plus a couple more from quests I think), where would be the best place to put them from now on?

I have a defensive Mercenary Paladin with 2673 defense and about 1500 health. In Hell he has 39 to all resists. He's wearing Spire of Honor (99-377 damage +3 to all paladin combat skills and a bunch of other mods), Griswold's Heart Ornate Plate (+2 to defensive aura's, 3 sockets-not used), and right now just a random helm with 209 defense.

6. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

If you need to boost your merc's resists a cheap way to do it is Ral, Ort, Thul in the armor... you can also get a socketed helm and max the resists. Since you can unsocket the armor you don't have to worry about what to socket in the mean time.

If you're using your sorce for runs I suggest you look for Hone Sudan, Guillame's Face, and Rattlecage for your merc... The Crushing blow will help you whittle the bosses down quicker.

7. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

I would put your Sorc skill points into maxing your two main skills/Masteries. I'd say get about level 5 Masteries once you have FO and FW maxed.

After that, if you still have some left, more Mastery, in my opinion. Either that or let your +skills boost the Masteries and add to synergies. Although Masteries might work the same as Synergies for Sorcs now, I don't know.

As to the original question, Aldur's can work fairly well on a Werewolf if you use ED/IAS jewels in it to hit the 5 frame Fury breakpoint. I forget if you need two or three jewels to hit it, but I think it's two.

Meleementalist can work, too. Hurricane + HoW + Cyclone Armor and use minions and charge in and smack some people :) IAS is your friend.

Good luck!!