Got any Electronic Artwork you'd like to share?

Dark Matter

Diabloii.Net Member
Got any Electronic Artwork you'd like to share?

Artists from around the world are being encouraged to e-mail their masterpieces to be displayed in an East London art gallery.

People have sent in work form China, India and Hong Kong

Graphic artists, designers and film-makers are all being asked to contribute to the Hype Gallery, in London's East End, with their digital pictures or short films.

The idea was developed with print giant Hewlett Packard, which has installed a range of equipment, from huge laser printers to projectors, in the gallery.

"The Hype Gallery is a true piece of democracy," Mark Ellis, Hewlett Packard's design jet manager explained to BBC World Service programme Go Digital.

"We are offering the opportunity for anybody who has art, or who produces art electronically, to come and show it on some of the display technology that we have."

When a piece of art is received, via e-mail or on a CD, it is printed out on huge machines, mounted, then hung on the wall for all to enjoy.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3434081.stm

Upload your work here: http://www.hypegallery.com/flash.php

I am going there on Saturday to take a look. If anyone uploads something let me know and I'll make a point of checking it out. I should be able to take a digi photo to give an impression of the work in situ.

Work can also be viewed online at the Hype Gallery link above.

Edit:
The on-line gallery is fierce with a compass style navigation control to 'walk' you through it. Some nice work - 242 entries so far.

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, i might make something with Terragen and send it in, just for sake of having my work on an international gallery. Expect something in a couple hours or so.

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't feel enormously creative but at least i made something... My pic is here, and has also been uploaded to Hype and is awaiting approval. I dubbed it "Happiness and Tranquility".