Goodnews Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewHammerInTown

Diabloii.Net Member
Goodnews Bot

Dont know about the rest of you but I am sick and tired of this new bot. Bonedrummer was and still is a bit of an annoyance but he is nothing compared to this new serial pest, the goodnews bot. I had a game today and there was 6 of them (bots) on there. 1 bonedrummer and 5 of these new bloody goodnews bots. For almost two minutes half my screen was covered with their annoying messages. Not exactly what you want when doing a diablo run. It is ruining my gaming experience and I am guessing it is ruining many others as well. I have this email address from the goodnews scumbas website ( *deleted*). I say lets bombard this *deleted* inbox and give him a taste of his own medicine.

Bypass the word filter or swear again and you get a 3 day ban.

Aragorn

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
What I hate most about these bots is they can't be squelched ingame... it just says account doesn't exist. I must assume these bots somehow avoid login procedures and get into bnet without a valid account/key.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
They probably have special characters in their name which you can't see or type or they make r+n appear like m etc, like some people having an acc liliiillliiililiilii. Try to read it when displayed with the bnet font and then type it...

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
They probably have special characters in their name which you can't see or type or they make r+n appear like m etc, like some people having an acc liliiillliiililiilii. Try to read it when displayed with the bnet font and then type it...
In game I just use the squelch button in party screen, but it doesn't work on these bots... just says account doesn't exist.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Leohappy said:
In game I just use the squelch button in party screen, but it doesn't work on these bots... just says account doesn't exist.
Its says the account doesn't exist, but the bot is silent when you hit squelch (atleast when I squelch it :p )

Angelclaw

Diabloii.Net Member
These bots almost always get into games with names containing words like *run, Baal* and Dia* (with * as wildcard), and they are very very annoying.
It's probably not okay to talk about it here, but there is a site that offers a small program that supresses all kinds of ads and such spam. I'm not going further into that, as I am pretty sure it's not allowed to talk about it.

The only thing to do is to see the messages and don't give a damn about them. :eek:

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
I still wonder why so few people know this, but...

Whenever you feel there's too much messages on the screen :

PRESS THE N KEY

It clears the screen from *all* messages.

Shaigon

Diabloii.Net Member
Frosty_The_Snowman said:
I still wonder why so few people know this, but...

Whenever you feel there's too much messages on the screen :

PRESS THE N KEY

It clears the screen from *all* messages.
Yea..but its also annoying pressing N every 3 seconds to get rid of a screen full of spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.