Goodbye Dii.net?

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
I would have thought that rpgforums would be ok, since there's still World of Warcraft to come and the Diablo II community is a bit more tenacious than Warcraft 3 :)

*clicks banners frantically just in case*

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
This disaster seems more like a giant forest blaze than an apocalypse.

Borlag is reposting guides like crazy and new threads are breaking out of the ashen soils.

Dinnin Darkblade

Diabloii.Net Member
They can't close this place down! I just found it a month ago and the SPF about two weeks ago!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyways....... :xeek:

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
I really hope this wont be happening...but if it does, us addicts just have to quit or then we have to find other places for Diablo II, hopefully still keeping the community together...even though that last bit might be real tough to do...

Dinnin Darkblade

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm a little fuzzy on some of the rules here or on the policies of another site that I'm thinking of but... If we could manage to get another forum up and running at another site how many would help with moving and reposting the guides, allow thier guides to be reposted there, or follow a mass exodus to another fan site/forum?

Sein Schatten

Diabloii.Net Member
well, i would come to the other place. :)

i just read the posts on the wc3 forum. it seems rush cant pay the bandwidth because the work contract ends or something and they want to move on. :(

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
That doesn't sound good at all. :( Certainly, there are other places to post but somehow I've grown attached to this place...

Joutaja

Diabloii.Net Member
Closing down this place? Well That wold be a huge catastrophe!!

Sometimes I think that I spend more time reading this place than playing D2 :D. Our community here is great. Just look how all newcomers are welcomed and how fast all questions are answered. It would be a really shame to loose sometihng like this.:(

Let's just all hope that this place won't be shut down. If the worst happens we'll just have to start posting to some other place. There are lots(?) of those but I've found this to be the best.

Gohanman

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, the thing that makes a forum great is really the members. I've never been to fond of the style or structure of the mythical "other place", but if everyone goes there I guess I could get used to it.

If this does come to an end (and I really hope it doesn't, as I like this forum much better), I hope that we get some warning. I also hope that towards the end the rules on linking other sites get relaxed a bit so the community can stay together.

Vorbiss

Diabloii.Net Member
I love this place, I'll be very sad if it's closed. :(
I log in every time I'm on comp, I love to read it, and I spent more time here then actually playing the game. :)

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Dinnin Darkblade said:
I'm a little fuzzy on some of the rules here or on the policies of another site that I'm thinking of but... If we could manage to get another forum up and running at another site how many would help with moving and reposting the guides, allow thier guides to be reposted there, or follow a mass exodus to another fan site/forum?
Um...let's not go down that path in this thread.

I've checked all of the info I can access, and I'm not sure of the future either. :rolleyes: Let's go with the best case that this place stays here. No exodus, just a Great Forum Crash part III. We're in the process of rebuilding all of the SPF materials. In another day or two you'll hardly know the difference. :D

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Gohanman said:
Well, the thing that makes a forum great is really the members. I've never been to fond of the style or structure of the mythical "other place", but if everyone goes there I guess I could get used to it.

If this does come to an end (and I really hope it doesn't, as I like this forum much better), I hope that we get some warning. I also hope that towards the end the rules on linking other sites get relaxed a bit so the community can stay together.
Amen to all of that. :) I like the looks of this place and the smilies are cooler than those at the other place. But the community is the imporant thing... Maybe we should go into exile somewhere should the worst happen...

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Gohanman said:

I just have to say the same, I have seen other places but no forum is as nice or informative or addictive as this one.

I first hope it can stick around, but otherwise I do hope we can get the group together on another forum.

Randall

Porius

Diabloii.Net Member
Just as an aside, I don't think that they would go through the trouble to assigning a new moderator just to close down in less than a month. That would be a little silly, I would think.

*hopes to cool down the speculation*

Porius

Snake

Diabloii.Net Member
Closing down this place?!?

I just caught here. It would be a real shame, but I will have to agree with Borlag, moving the whole community would be near to impossible.