Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good untwinked lvl 9 pvp builds

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Phoen1x, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Phoen1x

Phoen1x IncGamers Member

Good untwinked lvl 9 pvp builds

Your opinion please

2. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Hmm... untwinked...lvl9... Pvp? Against whom?

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Untwinked level 9 is damn near impossible.. the best you will get untwinked level 9 is probably a TS sin, though if you are going 100% untwinked (as in ironman) claws wont drop by level 9... in that case, I say a sacadin, but again, untwinked level 9 doesnt work so well.

-Matt

4. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Heh, what's the fixation with low level untwinked pvp builds this week? I mean, invest some time by running norm cows for a week or so and then you'll have plenty (!) of nice things to make a decent pvp character with. It's a bit more time invested, but a lot less time than high end mfing for endgame pvm gear. I think it's well worth the time spent too. A little bit of twinkage goes a long way.

Unless it's a self-imposed new challenge. Then ignore me! :thumbsup:

5. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

Untwinked builds that can work...

Sacradin
    TS Sin
    Double Swing Barb (if you duel against other Untwinked they're unlikely to have max block)
    Jabazon
    Necro ... maybe. If you can find a good wand your golem / skellies can prove a challenge for another player.

Among the twinked I would just have to say Sacradin. Got to love them, and now barbs and sins don't have much on them, with the critical bug gone. And Defiance is a mighty aura in combination with an ethereal ancient armor...

6. Phoen1x

Phoen1x IncGamers Member

Yes, i need a char for IronMan :p

7. det

det IncGamers Member

We all got our butt kicked by the Holy Fire aura of a Paladin.

No potions allowed, it consumes no mana... etc etc.

8. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

If there are rules like that, a Holy fire paladin should be forbidden. Else, it's just run, run, run, while the opponent gets his life chipped off.

9. tooie1

tooie1 IncGamers Member

There's always the bad manners summon druid.

10. MhUser

MhUser IncGamers Member

a driud with slvl9 raven and lots FRW all points to life and some kind of mana regen

you always run and dont get hit and ravens do the slow killing (mana regen is for recasting ravens)

there is no 9 lvl char (even totaly twinked with best rare items possible) that can hurt you in any way

BTW holy fires sucks becouse the damage is 2 low
    at slvl 6 it is 3.5-5.5 after pvp penalty it is 0.583 - 0.916 after resists it should b about 0.5 per shot and holy fire shots once a second or two so all u need is a 1 life regen item or +1 magic absorb ring
    but the ravens are diffrent story

at lvl 9 u can have slvl 12 raven (with a +3 raven helm) which is:
    13-15 5 ravens and 23 hits
    after pvp penalty:
    2.16 - 2.5 x 5 ravens = 10.8 - 12.5
    the only mod that can negate this is Health suffix:
    Damage Reduced by 1
    it can be found on Amulets(7), Body Armor(7), Circlets(7), Rings(7), Shields(7) so if u have one on each of this items you can negate 6 damage max (i never found a circlet in act 1 normal BTW so lets talk 5 damage reduced)

another usefull suffix is Regeneration:
    Replenish Life +3-5 Amulets(1)[+2](10)[+3-5], Belts(10), Circlets(1)[+2](10)[+3-5], Rings(10), Scepters(10), Gloves(40), Shields(40), Body Armor(70), Weapons(70), Boots(70)

so at lvl 9 you can have an amulet with +2 life regen which is 1 life every 5 seconds

corect me if i am wrong pls

11. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

For an ironman, builds that run away and let their holy fire or ravens kill are lame in my mind... I have killed both a prayer paladin and 2 raven druids (the two druids at once, they were friends, 2v1'd me, killed them both :) ) and tied another prayer paladin (the kind who hit then if they get hit run away and let prayer heal them) because I ran out of arrows AND javelins.

Build: Poison/cold amazon.

1pt cold arrow, use a bow, hit them with this when you need to slow the pace of the battle or turn the tide to you, put them on the (slow) run.
    1 pt dodge
    1 pt critical
    rest in that poison javelin one for level 6.

Have a bow on one setting (cold arrow/normal arrows) and a javelin on the other (poking, poison javelin, throwing) and many refills of each. If you get lucky and can get a socketed hunters bow (need hunters for the speeeeed) put a saphire in it and forget the cold arrow.

You should not have to run much, I mean dont tank things, but no running away from any fight, if someting charges you I like to throw a poison javelin on each side of them, then cold arrow them, and follow their retreat with a poison javelin, works wonders, also, work on shift clicking throws/arrows to hit a moving target.

-Matt

12. MhUser

MhUser IncGamers Member

poison javelin lol
    thats 0.8 - 0,96 damage per second and u have 2 hit me first

ravens are autohit

I can dodge the arrows just run around dont have 2 stop for firing or casting

and b sure ill will wear as much absorb items as i will find so your lvl1 cold damage will suck and physical damge will suck also

13. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

ha now i know where chiller has this idea from :D

nevertheless her pala rests in peace :)

14. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

Necros are good, but a lil overpowered.
    3 into golem, 1 to amp, rest into bone armor... you can do quite some dmg actually with some normal throwing items and decent block.

15. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

Chinaman has a point. I've seen necros do some really respectable damage with amp + a weapon. Of course those were twinked but they're damn naughty. Even give some twinked builds a sweat. They guy I sawed nearly killed a deasant lvl 23 PvM-concentrated wolf (with some good starter gear) in one hit...

Since barbs and sins don't get their free double damage anymore (bugged critical) necros amp make up for that...

16. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Mhuser, would you care to 1v1 ironman me? you may use your druid build, despite the fact that ravens are conscidered bm in ironman's, and I will use my amazon build, go ahead and get all the absorb you want... on an untwinked level 9. Dont come and bash a build unless you are very sure of what you are talking about, i have done probably 10 ironmen using this very build, and have not lost a single one yet, and I am willing to make it 11, vs you, and I bet my streak will stand, let me know if you are willing to do more than simply say my build sucks, and come prove it ingame.

-Matt

17. Baroni

Baroni IncGamers Member

It wasn't the pulse of the holy fire aura that did the killing though. It was the damage increase it gave to a crappy normal hunters bow. With 4 points in Holy fire and the rest in Resist Fire (synergy) the damage was not too bad. Obviously this wasn't a serious contest, just a quick 10 minute laugh.

18. MhUser

MhUser IncGamers Member

Matt
    we can duel today i ll have to level up a 9 lvl druid (it should take 10-20 minutes) cause i dont have any hardcore chars
    i am at work now it is 7.30 a.m. my local time
    I ll b back form work about 4.00 p.m. just tell me where 2 find you and we can lvl up our chars together to lvl 9 and then duel.

i play us west ladder ac is MhUser

BTW yesterday i started lvling a driud on west sc ladder he is lvl 3 now and just done the den of evil :D so i can use him if you like

19. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

We will play hardcore ladder, east or west, since it is untwinked, and we will have a random person choose a tag for us to put on our characters, and we will level them together, after making them together (ie someone joins our channel and that is when we first find out the tag) to ensure no item transfering (not that i think you would do it, but I dont know you, and you dont know me, and it is standard ironman procedure, I assume you will want to play on west, which is fine with me, but lets do it on hardcore, now, how do you want to find someone to give us a random tag?

-Matt

20. Kaffe

Kaffe IncGamers Member

The only real thing that should pose a big threat to a Holy Fire Pally is that his aura can't touch the summons...

Should be interresting to see the outcome of this. Do any of you guys mind coming back here and post about it? And no flame wars and two people claiming "I won he cheated" :p.