Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good untwinked HC class?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by SnowDrake, Mar 3, 2004.

1. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

Good untwinked HC class?

Not summon necro, too many of those out there...

What character classes would be good enough to solo hell decently with an untwinked character other than a summon necro? I'd appreciate a brief overview of stat points n skills too :)

Thanks alot, I'm pretty new to HC :( I never died much in SC.... very rarely... but I suppose I can't even die once in HC so... I'll hafta get used to hitting those full rejuvs faster...

2. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

Full syergy Hammerdin can kill just about anything anywhere.

Max Hammers
    Max Concentration
    Max Holy Shield
    Max Vigor
    As many as you can in blessed Aim.

Wear Damage reduction and resist gear. Get max block. Get a Holy freeze merc. Eat lots of mana pots. Have fun.

Wind Druids are pretty versatile also.

Max Tornado
    Max Hurricane
    Max Oak Sage
    Max Cyclone Armor
    MAx Twister

Wear Damage reduction and resist gear. Get max block. Get a Defiance merc. Eat lots of mana pots. Have fun.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

If you're solo untwinking with a Hammerdin you almost have to reverse the order:

1 in Conc
    a few in Holy Shield
    max Hammers
    max Vigor
    alternate points between Conc and Blessed Aim
    max Holy Shield

If you actually go through and crunch the numbers, getting the optimal dmg from your Hammers becomes a bit more complicated, but that's way over my head (there's a guide for it anyway). What I gave you results in more dmg than maxing Conc first however.

I would personally rather have a safer build, like a Lightning Trapasin, for untwinkage. It's ranged, you have a tank (Shadow), resists aren't much of an issue, and you can still have tons of life without BO.

4. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

Enh don't really want to do a hammerdin or wind druid because I've played both before... kind of looking for something I haven't played. The trapsin idea sounds kind of interesting...

I'm going to guess pretty much any melee character is out of the question...?

5. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

Hell + melee = does not compute in 1.10.

Javazons are great starter characters, imo. They suck before lvl 30-35 or so, so you'll have to mooch quests with people till then. But they mow down almost everything in NM (except bosses as usual), and their equipment needs are very minimal. Resists on the sheild (ral-ort-tal) and cracked javs is all you need, as long as you buy/pick up mana pots. I max LF, Pierce, and thats it. In 1.10 I also boost valk to lvl 17. Use the other skills points as you wish.

Hell is a bit more dicey, but by being able to do NM shenk/eld runs pretty quickly with a javazon, you can gear up pretty well for hell. Mainly lvl 17+ valk, and a merc with a decent weapon is how you deal with lightning immunes in hell.

Trapassins could also be cheap starter chars, I've just never made one in 1.10.