Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good sword?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Ossar, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Good sword?

Just found this!

Rare flamberge
    295% ed
    30% ias
    404 ar
    4% life leech

Worth saving to upgrade?

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

It's decent if you can't afford anything better, but some of the lower end runewords would work better instead of wasting them in upgrade.

3. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Don't listen to Jedi. That is an awesome sword. Upgraded to elite you get a colossus sword doing average dam 189 1H 361 2H. You have 30IAS, so you only need 15 IAS to reach top WW speed. You are now doing more damage than a perfect GF with a level 99 character, and also all the other unique swords.
    The requirements will be level 72, str 182 dex 95.
    An alternative to this sword would be a crescent moon legend sword (almost the same runes as needed for the Flamberge upgrade), but that would do way less damage (1H 106-121 2H 201-230) even with the ITD.

What realm are you on ? I will pay a lot for that sword if you are on Asia 1.

BTW Blizzard did this intentionally in 1.10 to makes rares good again. You can easily get rares better than all the uniques.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i saved the first like 3-4 200+ed rares i had, but they're pretty common. nowadays, i take screenshots of 250-300, and would only save them if they were already elite. i have 1-2 that are 300+, which are defintely worth saving. i would only use the runes if it was over 400.

5. urban savage

urban savage IncGamers Member

i agree with sorcyone. the runes are hardy worth anything, theres nothing over an um rune i think an there everywhere these days. it would be a great sword to have fun with an with a decent ed/ias jewel if you could afford it would allow it to break all the 1h breakpoints and be a really cool sword.

6. Ossar

Ossar IncGamers Member

Sorry, I'm on europe ladder. =(

7. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

I agree with Superhal, only time it's worth using runes to upgrade is 400+, otherwise you could end up finding a much better one and regret it or find a decent runeword sword. Also another reason is this is too much like a so-so cruel, if you can get a 3 socket ccs from .09 with a mod on it, its better.

8. mugentim

mugentim IncGamers Member

DAMN I HAD A 430% ED GRIM SCYTHE AND I TOSSED IT !! DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THE RUNE UPGRADE.........

9. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Yes 400ed weapons are worth upgrading, but I think you guys are missing the point - the 30IAS gives you the 3rd breakpoint on a colossus sword, which is very hard to get. This sword is better than a 450ed Flamberge with 2 sockets.

Assuming you are not ladder, then 09 3 sock ccs you need to use up all 3 sockets for IAS. Now show me one with a better second mod than 404AR and 4% LL.

10. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

I concur. It's better than GF for WW once upgraded.Sure you might find better ones (btw I think 300%ED with fool's mod > 450ed), but there's not much chance of that. That sword already has almost all the optimum mods.