Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Good starter Barb Build

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Tantaburs, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Tantaburs

Tantaburs IncGamers Member

Good starter Barb Build

Hey i recently decided to start playing D2 again after about 3 years of not playing it so i have forgotten alot. What is a fun good Barb build for me to start out as?

I'll be playing as in a group of 4 containing:

Trap assassain
    Some sort of sorceress
    Bowzon
    and me.

I was originally going to make a hammerdin cause that is what i had before but think i might make something new.

I've been reading about this Wolfbarb thing but it seems like it would be pointless to make it until i have the helmet. Would it be viable to make the skill set and then try to get a helmet at higher lvls. Also how hard/expensive is it to obtain a Wolfhowl helmet?

thank you for any help you can give:thumbup:

2. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Re: Good starter Barb Build

Its not expensive a decent one can be got for pul or 20 Perfect gems on ladder and sure you can use build the base build and still kill stuff but you can respec so It would be worth going as a Whirlwind barb and then respec when you get the helm

3. worstnameever

worstnameever IncGamers Member

Id think it wouldnt be too hard to get a wolfhowl by the time youre at the lvl to use it. Just save up all low value runes (tal thul ort amn ral hel) and pgems and you could probably find the helm for 10-20 on the forums.

but I just started playing a barb for the first time on LOD (originally played nonx) and I was liking the idea of the IK set ww, since Im used to maneuvering with ww from nonx and so far the set (except for the armor I still dont have XD) was pretty cheap or I found myself.

Lvling Id just dump points into whatever mastery youre gonna use and a few points into concentration. I did 5 into concentration and used my normal den respec once I hit 55 and it was nice having a low mana attack that gives a decent dmg boost. Once youre about 55 or hitting hell start looking for your helm in game chat or on forums

Something I did with my barb that I really liked was I found a bonesnap and up'd it since the runes were pretty cheap, just a ral, sol, and perfect emeral. Had me doing about 1200-1600dmg normal and 2k concentrate from 35 up. Now I kinda wanna find a 300ed bsnap and double up it XD

4. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

What are you going to play on:?

Im uswest Softcore ladder if you do play on there I will save a wolfhowl just for you.

5. Tantaburs

Tantaburs IncGamers Member

yeah i'll be Us west softcore. Will probably take me a while to get to 79 though.

6. lingpanda

lingpanda IncGamers Member

I would level up using double attack, then move onto frenzy.
    And just follow a frenzy build until you are high enough to get a wolfhowl. After that, you can respec.

7. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Imo berserk would be best for this group. You pack high damage and you can howl, shout and BO well.