Good Socket Items

Skemp

Diabloii.Net Member
Good Socket Items

Whcih socket items are actualy worth picking up?
Because im always finding what I think are good sockets but end up sucking i guess. Can anyone throw me out a list of sockets i should actualy pick up and keep. thanks

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
-0soc and 4soc monarchs
-0soc 3soc and 4soc elite pally shields with +res automod
-0soc ethereal elite paladin shields with +res automod
-ethereal berserker axes (with 0, 4, 5, or 6 sockets)
-5 and 6 socket nonetheral berserker axes
-5 soc phase blades
-4 soc flails
-5 soc flails/crystal swords
-4 soc grand matron bows/ matriarchal bows with +3 bow skills
-ethereal 0 soc elite armors
-4 soc elite bows
-4 soc staff with +3 Energy Shield
-3 socket bone visage/tiara/diadem
-ethereal 0 soc elite helms
-ethereal 0 soc elite polearms
-ethereal 4soc and 5soc and 6soc elite polearms
-3 socket elite armors (especially superior ones)
-4 socket elite armors (especially superior ones)

Just off the top of my head.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
It´s what the character needs at the different times of their career. My most used types (except for those you can buy in act 2 Normal) are:

2-socketed Tower Shield
3-socketed Knout (also look for Crude ones, because they are easy to put 3 sockets in)
2-socketed Cutlass
2-socketed War Fork or Mancatcher
2-socketed lightweight exceptional/elite armors
4-socketed Gothic Plate or Full Plate (in early NM)
3-socketed helms (any)

royalhu

Diabloii.Net Member
which items can have 6 sockets(nonethereal)? I still didn't find any... I found thresher,stygian pike,colossus blade,ogre axe,etc. with 5 sockets but still didn't find any item with 6 sockets
can 1h weapons have 6 sockets?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
royalhu said:
which items can have 6 sockets(nonethereal)? I still didn't find any... I found thresher,stygian pike,colossus blade,ogre axe,etc. with 5 sockets but still didn't find any item with 6 sockets
can 1h weapons have 6 sockets?
Check the Arreat Summit for full listing of items and how many sockets each can have.

malakho

Diabloii.Net Member
I pick up everything :)
a 3soc small crescent became my mid lvl weapon of choice for ages (crescent moon RW)

and i currently have a 3soc scourge that im hunting down the last rune for fury...looks likeit'll have nice damage. Ya never know when something will come of use (now if i could only find a use for that 5 socket war axe...)

Malachi

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
If you don't have much wealth, you can also try keeping all white phaseblades/berserker axes and try to cube them for 5 sockets.
Those two are the most sought after for griefs and people often pay nice for them.

Velimor

Diabloii.Net Member
malakho said:
I pick up everything :)
a 3soc small crescent became my mid lvl weapon of choice for ages (crescent moon RW)

and i currently have a 3soc scourge that im hunting down the last rune for fury...looks likeit'll have nice damage. Ya never know when something will come of use (now if i could only find a use for that 5 socket war axe...)

Malachi
Not to change the topic or anything, but what char are you using that Fury Scourge for? I recently found a 3soc 15%ed Scourge and I'd like to use it for something.

Another thing to look out for is a 3soc 15%ED Breast Plate. And is a 3 socket Troll Nest worth keeping?

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
A couple of others worth checking are:
White barb helms with 3 battle orders mods that can get 3 sockets...great delerium helm.
Necro wands with 3 bonespear or 3 bonespear and 2 bonespirit or any other nice necro skills.

And is a 3 socket Troll Nest worth keeping?
Yes 3 socket troll nests trade quite well also