Good server hosting/image hosting

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
Good server hosting/image hosting

I'm about to enter the scary world of making a blog...and I'm trying to make one without having all the picture links etc. lead back to my college and grad school servers. In other words, I want to be fairly anonymous. I'll probably be using either movable type or greymatter in the future, but for now I'll be using Xanga.

Geocities and those kind of things don't support remote linking or Perl scripting from what I understand. I'm looking for free hosting for small files. Not MP3s or anything large. Pretty much just small pictures, like wallpaper or avatars.

Suggestions?
 

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyee said:
I'm about to enter the scary world of making a blog...and I'm trying to make one without having all the picture links etc. lead back to my college and grad school servers. In other words, I want to be fairly anonymous. I'll probably be using either movable type or greymatter in the future, but for now I'll be using Xanga.

Geocities and those kind of things don't support remote linking or Perl scripting from what I understand. I'm looking for free hosting for small files. Not MP3s or anything large. Pretty much just small pictures, like wallpaper or avatars.

Suggestions?
Talk to Usufruct, he will host you for free.
 

toader

Banned
I cant really help you with a site....

But I just wanted to say to make sure to link us to your Blog once it gets up and running. I would enjoy reading it.
 

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
I've looked at Walgata and such, but they seem to be somewhat sketchy with regards to, say, being up most of the time.
 
Anyee said:
I'm about to enter the scary world of making a blog...and I'm trying to make one without having all the picture links etc. lead back to my college and grad school servers. In other words, I want to be fairly anonymous. I'll probably be using either movable type or greymatter in the future, but for now I'll be using Xanga.

Geocities and those kind of things don't support remote linking or Perl scripting from what I understand. I'm looking for free hosting for small files. Not MP3s or anything large. Pretty much just small pictures, like wallpaper or avatars.

Suggestions?
.Mac? Other than that.... check your PMs.
 

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyee said:
I've looked at Walgata and such, but they seem to be somewhat sketchy with regards to, say, being up most of the time.
eh i don't use that one much, village photos is good except for the fact that you don't have many MB of space at your disposal :(
 

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
ZeppelinAngel said:
eh i don't use that one much, village photos is good except for the fact that you don't have many MB of space at your disposal :(
I'm not looking for more than a few KB at a time for things like backgrounds. However, how are they are remote linking?
 

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
soulesschild said:
i will be glad to host you anyee
The fine gentleman known as durf has come to my rescue...thus at least giving me a vague impression of anonymity or something. :)
 
Top