Good PvM build for Earth Shifter?

fahartle

Diabloii.Net Member
Good PvM build for Earth Shifter?

Anyone have any recommendations for a build using an Earth Shifter? Found one the other day and, having never played a Druid before, am looking for a little guidance. Looking through the builds for the elemental Druids it seems to be pretty well scorned as too slow and two-handed. But setting aside a HoTO (way to rich for my poverty ^_^) or other one handed skill caster weaps, what builds might it be useful for?

But any way to design a melee caster hybrid, maybe? Perhaps a Windy and just keep throwing up cyclone shield and hurricane? Thoughts?

Madcat

Diabloii.Net Member
fahartle said:
Anyone have any recommendations for a build using an Earth Shifter? Found one the other day and, having never played a Druid before, am looking for a little guidance. Looking through the builds for the elemental Druids it seems to be pretty well scorned as too slow and two-handed. But setting aside a HoTO (way to rich for my poverty ^_^) or other one handed skill caster weaps, what builds might it be useful for?

But any way to design a melee caster hybrid, maybe? Perhaps a Windy and just keep throwing up cyclone shield and hurricane? Thoughts?

I would think that a Windy would benefit most with that weapon. Use 2xFCR rings to make up for the use of the Shifter.

Just my 2 cents

HardyZ

Diabloii.Net Member
earthshifter is unfortunately way too slow to be use on a bear(if you had maul or fireclaw in mind, that is)

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
a fire melee mentalist

basically you're melee and you cast fire skills, cuz fire really doent need that much fcr

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Try this one on for size [thread=300772] Dual Elemental druid [/thread]

You have to use this variant but it will work fine, defense and blocking will be an issue that you need to figure out.

Hybrid Dual Elemental
20 Firestorm
10 Cyclone Armor
20 Twister
20 Tornado
20 Hurricane
10 Oak Sage
1 Grizzly
3 prereqs.
alternative stat arrangement

Strength – enough for Earthshifter to be equipped

Dexterity – 0 you will not need it for equipment, blocking, or AR so no statpoints

Vitality – whatever you have not spent elsewhere spend here

Energy - 0, with your skills needing 4-30 mana per cast max you will be better served using +mana items and potions.

Earthshifter has charges of volcano which will give Armageddon an additional 18*14% more damage. It also has +7 elemental skills, the downfall is it will give no blocking and will cost an extreme amount of stat points so less life. It would be a glass cannon so to speak.
Oh and don't forget to socket and Hel that earthshifter, it's one of the most stat intensive items in the game.