Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

good pit runner?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by skilledlord, Mar 23, 2004.

1. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

good pit runner?

i'm going to try and do the pits in hell. i currently have a bowzon using wf and some other decent stuff. i only have around 10 points into multiarrow. do you dink a multiarrow zon can do well in the pit? or should i switch to strafe? i have 20 skill points left.
    also i only do like a little less than 2k dam with each arrow.
    any advice is appreciated. thanks

2. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

IMO strafe > multishot. And with under 2k dmg, monsters would probably regenerate life faster than you can hurt them. Besides, strafe is faster :D

3. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Strafe is stronger, but with WF in the solo pit, multi should rip right through monsters with no problem. I used multi and windforce in the pit with no problems. Make sure your valk is lvl 17 or maxed, and always have mana potions on hand =). Hopefully you have a merc to tank too, if not, make sure you have a good valk.

I would say multi would be better if you had maphack because you can clear out a room from far away. Strafe needs a designated target in order to begin firing off targeted volleys.

4. Asylla

Asylla IncGamers Member

I have 0 points in strafe, and about 20 in multi after +skills in charms and/or equipment. I am wearing mf gear, which as you know is bad for higher level PvM, but I never die doing solo pit runs. I have done pit runs with 2 other people, and still have no problems. So to answer your question, multi is fine for pit runs. A good Valk can help like they said too. Just my opinion.

5. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

To get off the Amazon trend, my favorite pit runner is a Summoner Necro. But that's just me :)

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Don't mention MH here. It is a cheat and theis site is and the people on it are against cheating.

*Kills sJw_shan in the face for mentioning that wich must not be named!*

7. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Haha sorry. Just added in my 2 cents. Doesn't mean that I support or use maphack. Guess I should have just left it at multi being a better room clearer. - I do it anyways, because you can tell there are monsters in the room if your zon flashes the leech colors on her body.

8. kimahri112

kimahri112 IncGamers Member

i use my lvl95 zon, not much life, but tons of dext, also have a lvl 95 might merc, so he tanks, has like 2.3k life, 2.3k dmg with might, my multi is about 3.3k multi, 5k guided
    i use wf, skullders, shako, some ammy, travs, laying of hands, goldwrap, some rings, and have charms, my merc uses spire of honor, eth duriels shell, some helm....yes this is 09 zon and isnt great nemore cuz not much life

9. Amburn

Amburn IncGamers Member

this being the newcomer forum I think I'm safe in asking: what is "The Pit", or a "Pit Runner"?

10. spastik303

spastik303 IncGamers Member

The pit is one of the prefered MFing areas in Hell. Pointless to do it elsewhere really.

You can find it in the Tamoe Highlands. Just look for the Den of Evil type of hole in the ground. To find it easily, take the Outer Cloister WP and walk back, following the road leading into the monastery. One branch will lead back to the Black Marsh, the other leads to the pit.

A pit runner is simply an MF character who can kill quickly in the pit and survive wearing full MF gear. The faster the runs, the more you will do over time, the better your odds of finding something good.

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

12. SHouston

SHouston IncGamers Member

My Pit Runner is my .09 Multizon. She has -resists, low life, and MF Equipment which isnt the best for PvM, and yet I rarely die doing a run. She is LvL 93 with a LvL 93 Might merc, LvL 18 Valk and LvL 10 Decoy. I use my minions to tank for me and my Decoy to distract monsters. Works like a charm every time.

13. Suryl

Suryl USEast Trading Moderator

I've done the pit with both, and either ms or strafe works fine. Although I feel safer with strafe even though my ms zon has better gear. That could just be me deluding myself.

Actually it would depend what you mean by that. Yes someone needs to be in range for the strafe to start, but that range is about 1/2 a screen off your screen. And once it's found them it will auto-target (not like guided but still no aiming necessary). This is great for clearing the area without entering it. So either one would work great for that. Although, I think Multi's range is greater, but someone else would need to post that info.

And since you were killed in the face, I won't mention the unmentionable thing you mentioned. :D