Good partner for a Frozen Orb Sorceress?

Joshebo

Diabloii.Net Member
Good partner for a Frozen Orb Sorceress?

A friend has a level 60 FO Sorc and I have a 61 Frenzy Barb. We are hoping to beat NM this week and then venture into Hell together. When I built the barb, I didn't know this website existed therefore I screwed up his build. I wasn't aware they were so gear dependant and put a lot of skill points into "Find Item" among other errors.

Anyway, with the build guides on this board I managed to get a fishymancer and strafazon to the beginnings of Act I Hell. Due to neumein's kindness and geneorsity he has provided me with a Lycander's Aim. So who would be a better partner or compliment each other? I really like both characters, but both of us have never played SP/Open Characters MP Hell before and would like to know what works best.

Thank you for your advice.

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd imagine the fishymancer is going to have trouble with all those shattered corpses. For this reason alone I'd recommend the Zon.

good luck

cade88

Diabloii.Net Member
the best compliment is a fishymancer with a high level lower resists that way the sorc cuts through the minions of hell like a knife through hot butter

JoeBruce

Diabloii.Net Member
You should have re-built your frenzy barb :smiley: . Oh well, time for that later.

Honestly, either choice faces the issue of not being able to kill nearly as fast as the orb sorc.

Brak makes a good point about the corpses, and having a necromancer might take a bit longer to get all your minions, but it will be great protection for the both of you. Cade made the excellent point of Lower Resist, which will make the sorc a killing machine.

The amazon is fun, and if you both have decent mercenaries plus a valk (not needed but very helpful), tanking will not be a problem. Plus the amazon will be better at picking off individual cold immunes than a necro's army.

Either choice will get you through hell, but I think the necro would make things more versatile and effective. As always, it's up to you and your playstyle.

Joshebo

Diabloii.Net Member
My fishymancer has CE maxed so I guess that might be wasted in which I didn't think of that. At this time, we need a tank (our mercs die a lot) so maybe the valk can fix that problem (level 25). I also want to play the zon because for me she has a harder time soloing in Hell.

So maybe I will keep the necro for MF and solo play and duo with the strafazon. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Boulos

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are having a problem with Tanking...then go with the Necro. His army is a great Tank. It may take a minute or two to get the army together, but once there, let them tank while you spam Lower Resist and the Sorcie cooks everyone up a big heaping platter of bad guys.

kabal

Diabloii.Net Member
Lower Resist doesn't help cold sorcs. Most CI monsters remain CI even after Lower Resist, and maxed Cold Mastery will have any non-immune monster at -100 resist or close to it all by itself.

Boulos

Diabloii.Net Member
Lower Resist doesn't help cold sorcs. Most CI monsters remain CI even after Lower Resist, and maxed Cold Mastery will have any non-immune monster at -100 resist or close to it all by itself.

Well, now I feel stupid. :embarassed: :lipsrsealed:

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm generous? Who told you?

EDIT: You're welcome :thumbsup:

My buddy and I team up occasionally. He uses his lightning blizzard sorceress, and I use my wind druid.

I throw up hurricane, and my buddy sits inside. My Oak Sage gives us more life, and my hurricane slows everything that gets close. Then, in relative safety, we both spam attacks.